Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • luke623
    • By luke623 29th Nov 17, 10:00 PM
    • 53Posts
    • 38Thanks
    luke623
    How do i change youtube name
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:00 PM
    How do i change youtube name 29th Nov 17 at 10:00 PM
    I wish to change my youtube name from my actual name to a nickname as i want to start putting up gaming videos and do not want people to know my gamer ID or real name. I have went into the advanced panel on creator studio and under account information i have attempted to edit my name.

It now gives me the option to alter my first and last name, enter a nickname and choose a display name. But when choosing the display name it always has my actual name in it too, and even when i click save my name on my youtube videos remains exactly the same. I have never changed my name on youtube before and have no idea why it has to be so complicated. Can someone help me out.

SO basically, my publishing name still comes up as Luke Franklin. How do i change that?
Page 1
    • googler
    • By googler 29th Nov 17, 10:30 PM
    • 14,472 Posts
    • 9,346 Thanks
    googler
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:30 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:30 PM
    Have you asked YouTube's helpdesk?
    • guzzbuzz
    • By guzzbuzz 30th Nov 17, 9:39 AM
    • 256 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    guzzbuzz
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:39 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:39 AM
    I wish to change my youtube name from my actual name to a nickname as i want to start putting up gaming videos and do not want people to know my gamer ID or real name. I have went into the advanced panel on creator studio and under account information i have attempted to edit my name.

It now gives me the option to alter my first and last name, enter a nickname and choose a display name. But when choosing the display name it always has my actual name in it too, and even when i click save my name on my youtube videos remains exactly the same. I have never changed my name on youtube before and have no idea why it has to be so complicated. Can someone help me out.

SO basically, my publishing name still comes up as Luke Franklin. How do i change that?
    Originally posted by luke623
    make a new gmail email account with the name you want and then go to youtube and sign in with that email address (clear cookies on your browser before or it will automatically sign you in with the account you want to change)

Or just use a different browser
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,326Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter