Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JMac1985
    • By JMac1985 29th Nov 17, 7:53 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JMac1985
    Recieved response after I challenged LBCCC
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:53 PM
    Recieved response after I challenged LBCCC 29th Nov 17 at 7:53 PM
    Hi. I've got a respone from my letter acknowledging reciept of LBCCC and politely informing that it didn't follow the PD. It just reinforces their previous point that I have contravened parking restrictions blah blah blah and they will pursue through the court if necessary.

It's from CPP (Car parking Partnership, based in Chorley). I was parked on double yellow lines while loading my equipment into a music venue. Is it really worth fighting this? Given that one is not allowed to wait at all on double yellow lines am I without any possible defence and should I just pay fine (£160) or is it still worth sending more letters challenging their LBCCC for not following PD.

Thanks
    J
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Nov 17, 8:18 PM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,061 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:18 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:18 PM
    CPP only patrol private land so any yellow lines are meaningless and not the same restrictions as on the public highway

and you can load and unload anyway

stand your ground and insist on a proper LBC according to the latest PaP

you only need to pay if you lost in court , where a judge decides on the legalities

a typical loss is about the same , about £175 , so why roll over ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 29th Nov 17, 8:31 PM
    • 747 Posts
    • 1,388 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:31 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:31 PM
    I was parked on double yellow lines while loading my equipment into a music venue. Is it really worth fighting this? Given that one is not allowed to wait at all on double yellow lines
    What RedX says is correct. Double yellows on private land do not have the same meaning.

What you say is incorrect. You can load and unload on double yellows and, in fact, it is additional signage or kerb markings that restrict the use.

If there are no obvious signs and/or they it was dark and they were unlit and there were double yellows it's readily understandable why you may have chosen to load/unload there.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Nov 17, 8:36 PM
    • 16,936 Posts
    • 21,061 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:36 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:36 PM
    agreed, with my BB I can park on single and double yellows , UNLESS there are kerb blip markings or there are restrictions in signage , or I cause an obstruction like at corners or traffic lights etc

and anyone can load and unload on "normal" yellow lines , so it is a common thing to do and no reason would exist as to why it could not be done in the manner described in post #1

the double yellows are to prevent "parking" , not unloading/loading

ie:- the driver would expect to be allowed to do so
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 30th Nov 17, 10:42 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:42 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:42 AM
    You can board / alight AND load / unload on doublt yellows on real roads, but only for as long as is necessary and e.g. loaidng has to be continuous. No cup of tea allowed

Double RED lines completely prohibit any waiting.

Insist on a proper LBA, use the newbies thread to do this as it has an example letter.
    • JMac1985
    • By JMac1985 30th Nov 17, 12:01 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JMac1985
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:01 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:01 PM
    Thanks for your replies. better dust off the old type writer then!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

342Posts Today

2,332Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin