Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 29th Nov 17, 7:36 PM
    • 412Posts
    • 245Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    UK only item - Foreign buyer Issue
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:36 PM
    UK only item - Foreign buyer Issue 29th Nov 17 at 7:36 PM
    Sold a hiking GPS gadget on eBay - UK only postage selected.

Item sold on Sunday to guy in Sri Lanka, I emailed and politely asked for a UK postal address, No reply.

Sent a cancel transaction request - Due to overseas bidder, again no response.

I cannot open an unpaid case - Due to cancel case being open.

What are my options? Still shows as a FVF cost on my selling page. If the Sri Lankan buyer doesn't respond will eBay close the case in my favour, cancel the sale and refund my FVF allowing me to relist?

When would this be likely to happen? Fed up of getting stitched up by buyers / timewasters and eBay don't seem to care
Page 1
    • Dox
    • By Dox 29th Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Dox
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    To stop this happening in future, you could block bidders whose primary address is not in the UK; or indicate that you sell overseas but only through ebay's Global Selling Programme (and ensure that is activated in your listings).
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 30th Nov 17, 6:35 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:35 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:35 PM
    To stop this happening in future, you could block bidders whose primary address is not in the UK; or indicate that you sell overseas but only through ebay's Global Selling Programme (and ensure that is activated in your listings).
    Originally posted by Dox

Thanks for the advice, Helpful for future reference.

Does anyone actually have any advice on the original question? Still nothing from the buyer and due to pay ebay fees soon - Looking like I'll be paying a few quid for something that didn't really sell!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 30th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    • 59,599 Posts
    • 42,296 Thanks
    soolin
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    What reason did you give to cancel the transaction? I'm assuming 'issues with buyers address'? If so that usually closes automatically unless of course eBay is glitchy again.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 30th Nov 17, 6:56 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:56 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:56 PM
    Originally posted by Dox
    Original reason for cancelling was the overseas address - When I open the case I get the following message "awaiting buyers' action to close case' - Item still shows as unpaid.

How long will they allow the buyer to respond? Will the case automatically close, in my favour, should there be no response?
    Last edited by Happy_bunny; 30-11-2017 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Clarification
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 30th Nov 17, 7:20 PM
    • 26,234 Posts
    • 10,474 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 30th Nov 17, 7:20 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 7:20 PM
    Have you set your buyers prefs to block non UK bidders?

Its not enough to simply state UK only in the listing you need to set
    your buyers prefs.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

7,199Users online

Martin's Twitter