Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BradJones1192
    • By BradJones1192 29th Nov 17, 7:15 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BradJones1192
    Should
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:15 PM
    Should 29th Nov 17 at 7:15 PM
    Evening all
    Last edited by BradJones1192; 29-11-2017 at 8:12 PM.
Page 1
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 29th Nov 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1,378 Posts
    • 587 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:51 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:51 PM
    If you don't pay for the phone you would effectively be stealing, is that what you want to do?
    • d123
    • By d123 29th Nov 17, 8:37 PM
    • 6,735 Posts
    • 4,298 Thanks
    d123
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:37 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:37 PM
    Evening all,

I don't post here much so forgive me if I am not up to speed on how these forums work.

I have been a customer with Three mobile for about 5 years. The first 3 were fine (coincidence? ) but these last two have been pretty bad in terms of network service quality, specifically 4G speeds. I usually get no more than 5Mbps and sometimes as low as 0.19.

I foolishly took out another phone on contract with them in the summer and had been experiancing the same problems. Anyway, long story short, I took out a sim only plan with EE and am now getting over 40Mbps, which proves that it is an issue with their network.

Yesterday I got on the phone to them and explained that I wish to leave early as I was tired with their poor service and find EE's much better.

At fist they wanted almost a grand in Early termination fees (Took out a flagship phone ), to which I said I would not pay as I am only leaving due to their own network, not because I just feel like leaving. After a bit of back and forth, they said that if I would pay off the remainder of what I owe just for the phone (£530), they would call it quits.

My question is, do you think this is fair and could I possibly take this further and not pay them anything as I suffered with their cr*p network long enough, much to my unknowing that I could of had better had I switched.

Thanks for making it to this point and any feedback you have would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by BradJones1192
    You signed a contract, they’ve been more than fair. You can try and run away, the debt will just follow you.
    ====
    • gycraig
    • By gycraig 29th Nov 17, 9:57 PM
    • 409 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    gycraig
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:57 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:57 PM
    Can’t see this ending well for your credit rating in the long run
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

72Posts Today

3,238Users online

Martin's Twitter