Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • a1terrier
    • By a1terrier 29th Nov 17, 6:39 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    a1terrier
    PCN date
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:39 PM
    PCN date 29th Nov 17 at 6:39 PM
    Hi All

New poster here with a quick question. (tried the newbie page but no luck)

I have an ongoing issue with a well known parking/debt recovery company.

Am I correct in thinking that as the PCN was dated 49 days after the alleged offence is it enforceable?
    There was no parking ticket on the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence, just entry and exit pics of the vehicle on the PCN.

Many Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Nov 17, 7:01 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,944 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:01 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:01 PM
    they can try to enforce it in the small claims court (MCOL) and it is definitely enforceable against the driver !!

it appears they failed POFA2012 due to the keeper not receiving it within 14 days, so in theory can only pursue the driver (if known)

but they will try to make the keeper pay up or dob the driver in so dont assume it will go away

the debt collectors are powerless , IGNORE them

the ppc has 6 years to try a court claim in england and wales , 5 in scotland

do not reveal who was driving
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • a1terrier
    • By a1terrier 29th Nov 17, 7:43 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    a1terrier
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:43 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:43 PM
    Thanks Redx

As I said no ticket on car and 49 days between alleged offence and date on PCN.

I have written to parking company with a template letter basically telling them to do one as although I was the registered keeper I was not the driver. They do not know the drivers name.
    I then received a letter from a legal company last year asking for payment to which I replied saying I was not liable as I was not the driver enclosing a copy of the letter I sent to the parking company (With proof of receipt)
    I have now received a Letter Of Claim from said legal company. Do I pay up, ignore, or respond with one of the many do one templates?
    Many Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Nov 17, 8:27 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,944 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:27 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:27 PM
    respond with a recent template , with any changes made as required , where the new Pap from oct 2017 is referenced (see post #2 of the newbies sticky thread)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • a1terrier
    • By a1terrier 29th Nov 17, 9:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    a1terrier
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:24 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:24 PM
    Thanks Redx
    Should I threaten harassment
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Nov 17, 9:29 PM
    • 15,862 Posts
    • 24,576 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:29 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:29 PM
    It would help if you told us who you are dealing with. It will enable us to advise you more accurately that simple generic advice.

Should I threaten harassment
    That has the potential to get you into real trouble.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 29th Nov 17, 9:42 PM
    • 7,902 Posts
    • 8,011 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:42 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:42 PM
    I have an ongoing issue with a well known parking/debt recovery company.
    Originally posted by a1terrier
    You have no issue with any debt recovery firm - and they are fully covered by post four of the Newbies Sticky.
    • a1terrier
    • By a1terrier 29th Nov 17, 10:06 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    a1terrier
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:06 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:06 PM
    Hi
    excel/bw legal
    Been going on for 18 months
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Nov 17, 11:19 PM
    • 16,865 Posts
    • 20,944 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:19 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:19 PM
    Hi
    excel/bw legal
    Been going on for 18 months
    Originally posted by a1terrier
    they have 72 months in total to issue a court claim , so only a quarter of the way through
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,365Posts Today

7,959Users online

Martin's Twitter