Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ryan2uk
    • By Ryan2uk 29th Nov 17, 6:17 PM
    • 125Posts
    • 3,506Thanks
    Ryan2uk
    ESA and starting a new business
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:17 PM
    ESA and starting a new business 29th Nov 17 at 6:17 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I would like to start an online business but my husband claims ESA(IR) and in the support group. I am a stay at home parent and my husband claims for us both.

I can not find much about this online only that I can work up to 24hrs per week and the first £20 is disregarded. How would that work for a business, is that on profit or everything that passes through my bank account? What if I have a business loan? Can any profit be reinvested into stock before it is counted?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thankyou comp posters

Going through a very dry patch at the minute
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 29th Nov 17, 10:07 PM
    • 8,606 Posts
    • 5,093 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:07 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:07 PM
    I believe you should have separate accounts for your income and the businesses assets/debts.
    • Ryan2uk
    • By Ryan2uk 30th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 3,506 Thanks
    Ryan2uk
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    I believe you should have separate accounts for your income and the businesses assets/debts.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    Thank you for the reply. I have now opened a second bank account.
    Thankyou comp posters

Going through a very dry patch at the minute
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

194Posts Today

1,498Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin