Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hbe 100
    • By hbe 100 29th Nov 17, 5:47 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    hbe 100
    Signing of estate accounts
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:47 PM
    Signing of estate accounts 29th Nov 17 at 5:47 PM
    The estate accounts have been sent out to the beneficiaries of a will, one of them is a strange character and we believe will not sign them even though they are correct. Do we have to wait until he does sign before releasing the funds as per the will. If we have to wait how long would a reasonable time be.
Page 1
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 29th Nov 17, 6:04 PM
    • 3,370 Posts
    • 2,730 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:04 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:04 PM
    The estate accounts have been sent out to the beneficiaries of a will, one of them is a strange character and we believe will not sign them even though they are correct. Do we have to wait until he does sign before releasing the funds as per the will. If we have to wait how long would a reasonable time be.
    Originally posted by hbe 100
    You have no obligation to send out accounts except to any residuary bneficiaries.None of them have to approve them.
    • Crabapple
    • By Crabapple 29th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    • 1,547 Posts
    • 7,115 Thanks
    Crabapple
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    Beneficiaries (of a share) are entitled to a copy of the accounts but do not need to approve them.

Only the executors need to sign them.
    Daughter born January 2012 Son born February 2014

Slimming World ~ trying to get back on the wagon...
    • sammy1234567
    • By sammy1234567 1st Dec 17, 11:08 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    sammy1234567
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:08 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:08 AM
    I am also dealing with an odd beneficiary (sister). I got some free legal advise from a large law firm. They said, 'ask her to sign the accounts, and if she will not, do not release any (more) money; if she refuses to sign, you need to know why'. I sent the accounts. Waiting...
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 1st Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    • 3,370 Posts
    • 2,730 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    I am also dealing with an odd beneficiary (sister). I got some free legal advise from a large law firm. They said, 'ask her to sign the accounts, and if she will not, do not release any (more) money; if she refuses to sign, you need to know why'. I sent the accounts. Waiting...
    Originally posted by sammy1234567
    AS I said before unless she is the residuary beneficiary she does not have to agree the accounts and in any case if she does not accpt them she can go toi court, at her exepnse.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin