Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • priorslee
    • By priorslee 29th Nov 17, 5:03 PM
    • 1,920Posts
    • 462,935Thanks
    priorslee
    Partial refunds of LPA fees
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:03 PM
    Partial refunds of LPA fees 29th Nov 17 at 5:03 PM
    LPA fees were reduced in April from £110 to £82, with virtually no advance warning.

The Ministry of Justice and Office of Public Guardians are working on a scheme to give refunds to people who had paid the higher fees before this date.

I haven't got the full details, but I have been hassling OPG for almost 8 months now as I paid for 4 LPAs just before the fees were reduced. I have finally got somewhere! A week or so ago I took part in beta-testing for their refund system and I've just received confirmation that a refund of £45 per LPA has been approved and will be paid shortly.

Unfortunately I didn't copy the full details and I can't get back to the webpage, but I think there were partial refunds (of various amounts) for the period April 2013 to March 2017. Full details of the scheme are due to be published and the scheme rolled out in the new year.
Page 1
    • Margot123
    • By Margot123 29th Nov 17, 5:12 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 252 Thanks
    Margot123
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:12 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:12 PM
    Thank you for the info.

My family will certainly be due a refund but the webpage for claiming is next to impossible to find. All I can see are companies trying to sign people up to claim via them. The OPG page doesn't reveal much, which is very poor.
    • pphillips
    • By pphillips 30th Nov 17, 1:35 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    pphillips
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:35 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 1:35 PM
    The refund scheme is only being trialed at the moment, it has not fully launched yet, so most people who are due a refund will just have to patient.
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 30th Nov 17, 5:16 PM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 1,113 Thanks
    badmemory
    • 30th Nov 17, 5:16 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 5:16 PM
    The refund scheme is only being trialed at the moment, it has not fully launched yet, so most people who are due a refund will just have to patient.
    Originally posted by pphillips
    And I will be patient (but maybe not very). I hope someone will please update this page when they find out more. I have 2 I paid £110 for less than 2 months before the price drop. It won't break my heart if I don't get a refund because they were the right thing to do, but it would be nice.

I was surprised at the time that they were only £110 because my mothers a few years earlier were £120.
    Last edited by badmemory; 30-11-2017 at 5:20 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,835Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter