Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hayleylouise1991
    • By hayleylouise1991 29th Nov 17, 4:31 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 1Thanks
    hayleylouise1991
    final notice without any PRIOR communication
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:31 PM
    final notice without any PRIOR communication 29th Nov 17 at 4:31 PM
    hello,

i have received a final notice parking notice from OPC... but have received no prior communication from them nor any windscreen PCN or anything.

What template should i be using?

THis 'PCN' is dated in April 2017, but had nothing since last night

Thank you!!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Nov 17, 6:25 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:25 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:25 PM
    too late to appeal but its the blue text template in the NEWBIES sticky thread you can use if you wish

if this was an LBC as per the new PaP rules you could reply and rebut the assertion of debt

chances are its a debt collector letter from them or their minions and can be ignored

it is an official LBC worded according to the new protocols , or an MCOL claim from Northampton CCBC that you do NOT ignore

I have no idea what "last night" has to do with it

probably best to appeal with the blue text template first , as KEEPER and see what happens (its unlikely to be cancellaed though)

do not reveal or even hint at who may have been driving
    Last edited by Redx; 29-11-2017 at 6:28 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    • 4,747 Posts
    • 3,089 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:48 PM
    OP, is this related to your other thread:

• hayleylouise1991
    • By hayleylouise1991 30th Nov 17, 10:57 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hayleylouise1991
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:57 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:57 AM
    no, it is a different one. same car park, but my partners car, not mine this one we received in the post (dated april 2017) .. but when i received mine, i got a letter which i appealed.

this one, is straight to final notice and my partner received nothing prior to this letter nor did he get a ticket on the windscreen, thats why i just wanted to double check how to approach this one.
    • hayleylouise1991
    • By hayleylouise1991 30th Nov 17, 10:58 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hayleylouise1991
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:58 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:58 AM
    sorry it was meant to say, received nothing until last night. not since.

thank you for your help!!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 11:44 AM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:44 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:44 AM
    i have received a final notice parking notice from OPC.
    Full name of parking company please?

There are too many parking companies (in general) who have similar acronyms to each other, and us guessing which one can lead to sending posters down the wrong (and potentially expensive) track.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • hayleylouise1991
    • By hayleylouise1991 30th Nov 17, 12:27 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    hayleylouise1991
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:27 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:27 PM
    observices parking consultancy limited
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 12:41 PM
    • 15,906 Posts
    • 24,670 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:41 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:41 PM
    observices parking consultancy limited
    Originally posted by hayleylouise1991
    Thanks for confirmation. This is who you’re up against:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/observices_parking_consultancy_o

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/2011/03/31/26000-fine-for-parking-firm/

If you’ve received no communication from them from April to now, then strong complaint to the BPA (and ask them to tell OPC to provide you with a POPLA Code to appeal your charge), and copy everything to the DVLA.

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,538Users online

Martin's Twitter