Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • glencarron
    • By glencarron 29th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    glencarron
    mortgage ppi claim rejected
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    mortgage ppi claim rejected 29th Nov 17 at 4:12 PM
    Hello and thanks for reading this.
    When we took our mortgage around 1988 we were told we had to take out a ppi policy to get the mortgage. If we did not take the ppi no mortgage loan as simple as.

Our original policy was arranged by a local man working as a financial advisor and done through Northern rock . The ppi was bought by Cardif pinnacle about 2001.
    I have used resolver to complain to Cardif pinacle however they have replied saying they have made a final decision. They have referred our complaint to customer relations NRAM.

May I ask has anyone else experienced this also any advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 29th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    • 89,873 Posts
    • 56,545 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    When we took our mortgage around 1988 we were told we had to take out a ppi policy to get the mortgage. If we did not take the ppi no mortgage loan as simple as.
    If that was the case, then it cant be missold. Compulsory insurance means it is compulsory as a condition of borrowing and you dont get a choice.

I have used resolver to complain to Cardif pinacle however they have replied saying they have made a final decision. They have referred our complaint to customer relations NRAM.
    Neither Pinnacle or NRAM are liable for this sale. You are wasting your time complaining to them.

The finanical adviser is liable for the sale. However, it is 17 years prior to regulation of financial advisers for insurance (Jan 2005). So, they do not need to consider your complaint (assuming they are still around). They could reject it on multiple grounds 1) pre-regulation 2) it was compulsory.

Its game over. On the plus side, most MPPI complaints do fail and most complaints against advisers fail. Advisers account for under 1% of PPI complaints and its not generally regarded as an adviser failing. So, you are not missing out on anything.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

264Posts Today

1,696Users online

Martin's Twitter