Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marbat
    • By marbat 29th Nov 17, 3:42 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    marbat
    First post -moving pnk nintendo shares
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:42 PM
    First post -moving pnk nintendo shares 29th Nov 17 at 3:42 PM
    I have sharedealing account with motley fool I wanted to move my Nintendo ltd co. Shares to new sharedealing platform as I only have a couple of thousand worth of shares and they want to charge over 20 pounds per quarter from jan 18. I have rang a few providers over last few days and they all saying donít deal with PNK stock IG. Iib Hargreaves Lansdown get stocks all said cannot take

Does any body know any free or low cost share dealing sites where I put these shares. And not pay these high costs. Iím not a big share buyer I only bought these as I have always liked Nintendo and I donít see my self buying more shares

Thanks for all your help guys
Page 1
    • ricky_v
    • By ricky_v 29th Nov 17, 8:23 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    ricky_v
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:23 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:23 PM
    Try http://x-o.co.uk/
    • marbat
    • By marbat 29th Nov 17, 11:48 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marbat
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:48 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:48 PM
    Thanks tried and they don’t take PNK shares
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 30th Nov 17, 10:26 AM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 5,271 Thanks
    Malthusian
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:26 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:26 AM
    Open a new account with the share dealer of your choice which has access to the Japanese market. Send them a cheque for the equivalent of $100,000. Purchase the Nintendo shares. Simultaneously sell your Motley Fool holding and withdraw the proceeds.

If you don't have $100,000 in spare cash floating around to allow this, you probably shouldn't have $100,000 tied up in a single company's shares with a real risk of total and permanent loss.

I liked Amigas but that didn't mean I felt compelled to invest in Commodore shares, thankfully.

£80 a year does not seem a lot for a $100,000 holding in overseas shares.

You could ask Motley Fool whether they will certificate the shares and transfer them into your name, but that would involve significant extra hassle when you eventually did something with the shares. I don't think that losing the ability to sell in a hurry is worth saving a tiny percentage in stockbroking costs.
    • msallen
    • By msallen 30th Nov 17, 10:49 AM
    • 595 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    msallen
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:49 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:49 AM
    ... you probably shouldn't have $100,000 tied up in a single company's shares with a real risk of total and permanent loss.
    Originally posted by Malthusian
    OP has "a couple of thousand worth of shares"
    • Economic
    • By Economic 30th Nov 17, 11:59 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 98 Thanks
    Economic
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:59 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 11:59 AM
    I have sharedealing account with motley fool I wanted to move my Nintendo ltd co. Shares to new sharedealing platform as I only have a couple of thousand worth of shares and they want to charge over 20 pounds per quarter from jan 18. I have rang a few providers over last few days and they all saying donít deal with PNK stock IG. Iib Hargreaves Lansdown get stocks all said cannot take

Does any body know any free or low cost share dealing sites where I put these shares. And not pay these high costs. Iím not a big share buyer I only bought these as I have always liked Nintendo and I donít see my self buying more shares

Thanks for all your help guys
    Originally posted by marbat
    I would sell the shares as holding shares just because you like the company is likely to be more hassle than it is worth.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 30th Nov 17, 3:01 PM
    • 3,435 Posts
    • 5,271 Thanks
    Malthusian
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:01 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:01 PM
    OP has "a couple of thousand worth of shares"
    Originally posted by msallen
    Ah, apologies.

In that case, what I said about sending a cheque to a new platform and then purchasing and selling simultaneously, only with £2,000 replacing $100,000.

Hargreaves Lansdown appears to offer Nintendo ADRs so that's at least one platform with whom it should be possible.
    • marbat
    • By marbat 1st Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marbat
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    Thank you. Guys. I contacted Lansdown Hargreaves they said don’t do PNK SHARES this is a proper nightmare. Any other dealing sites would be appreciated
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 1st Dec 17, 11:03 PM
    • 2,919 Posts
    • 1,894 Thanks
    greenglide
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:03 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:03 PM
    Thank you. Guys. I contacted Lansdown Hargreaves they said donít do PNK SHARES this is a proper nightmare. Any other dealing sites would be appreciated
    Originally posted by marbat
    Well HL seem to let me purchase Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. (PNK) shares in my ISA. Current price isc $30.90 to buy.

These can be traded online.

These are a US listed share on the NASDAQ exchange.

They may trade in Nintendo Co (NTDOY) ADR shares but seem not to offer them for online trading.

What, exactly, did you ask them about the PNK shares?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

1,811Users online

Martin's Twitter