Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marfy
    • By marfy 29th Nov 17, 3:31 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 18Thanks
    marfy
    Bought car with heated windscreen, doesn't have one
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:31 PM
    Bought car with heated windscreen, doesn't have one 29th Nov 17 at 3:31 PM
    Hi

I bought a used car two weeks ago (from a large dealership) which was advertised as having a heated windscreen. I've been unable to find how to work it as there is no button in the car and the manual doesn't mention anything. I've tested all the buttons that show a heating symbol - the seats, steering wheel and back window all heat up nicely - but nothing works for the windscreen.

I've emailed the dealership to ask if there's something I'm not finding and if they can explain how to work the heated windscreen and I'm waiting on a reply.

If it's the worst and the windscreen isn't in fact heated what are my rights? I've thought about insisting they change it to a heated windscreen but that may then affect my insurance: would they replace it with another heated windscreen if it got damaged, or would they only replace it with a standard windscreen? Would it affect my premium? What can I do if the dealership refuses to do anything?

I do have a screenshot of the advert which states the car has a heated windscreen.

Sorry if I sound like a numpty but I'm not well up on technical stuff.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Page 4
    • marfy
    • By marfy 7th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    marfy
    Are you sure you should be driving a car at all?. Your not a very confident driver, you can't drive a car controls in a different place and you can't park the car a different way.
    Originally posted by takman
    I started driving lessons at the age of 40, passed both tests first time and have been driving safely for 10 years. The reason I'm not very confident is due to some other drivers being quite arrogant and drive very badly. I am used to driving a Corsa and drive fine as usually it's only town driving. I'm not a confident person in general and I like what I know.

As for parking the car, we have a shared driveway with out neighbor (our houses are side by side) and our driveway is an L shape with a hedgerow around it. To park my car the other way would mean doing a reverse turn in the road then reversing all the way back, maneouvering around my husband's car then reversing to the front door. So kindly don't judge until you know the facts.
    • angrycrow
    • By angrycrow 7th Dec 17, 7:54 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 307 Thanks
    angrycrow

As for parking the car, we have a shared driveway with out neighbor (our houses are side by side) and our driveway is an L shape with a hedgerow around it. To park my car the other way would mean doing a reverse turn in the road then reversing all the way back, maneouvering around my husband's car then reversing to the front door. So kindly don't judge until you know the facts.
    Originally posted by marfy
    Actually far safer to do what you have just described than to reverse blind onto the road.
    • marfy
    • By marfy 7th Dec 17, 7:54 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    marfy
    Thank you to everyone for the helpful posts.

Update: the dealership has agreed that they made a mistake on the car listing and have said they wouldn't be able to replace the windscreen for a heated one. They apologised and have offered me the price difference between a car with a heated windscreen and one without which I have accepted. Though I would have preferred to have the windscreen changed it would be a lot of hassle so this is the easiest option for both parties.

Thanks again
    • marfy
    • By marfy 7th Dec 17, 7:55 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    marfy
    Actually far safer to do what you have just described than to reverse blind onto the road.
    Originally posted by angrycrow
    I don't reverse blind into the road; I reverse in a 90 degree turn then drive forwards.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,971Posts Today

7,199Users online

Martin's Twitter