Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • alsa1
    • By alsa1 29th Nov 17, 2:12 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 2Thanks
    alsa1
    M&S Current Account - slow application process?
    • 29th Nov 17, 2:12 PM
    M&S Current Account - slow application process? 29th Nov 17 at 2:12 PM
    I applied for an M&S current account for the switching bonus 3 weeks ago and received an approval a few days after that saying a welcome pack will arrive in a ‘few days’. But its now 2 weeks on and there is no sign of anything from M&S, bearing in mind that its only when you sign and return a form will they actually start to open the account.

Is this a normal timescale for them? I have called their customer services and they said it ‘is due soon’. All this is a complete contrast to other switches in the past which have flown through in less time including the actual switch!
Page 1
    • john1002
    • By john1002 29th Nov 17, 2:20 PM
    • 866 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    john1002
    • 29th Nov 17, 2:20 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 2:20 PM
    Normal for M&S in my experience.

John
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 29th Nov 17, 5:15 PM
    • 3,909 Posts
    • 38,014 Thanks
    Katiehound
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:15 PM
    They are not the fastest! Once the paperwork is completed the switch itself will take 7 days- just think of their 'welcome handshake!' coming your way.. eventually
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 29th Nov 17, 5:15 PM
    • 3,345 Posts
    • 6,211 Thanks
    EachPenny
    I applied for an M&S current account for the switching bonus 3 weeks ago and received an approval a few days after that saying a welcome pack will arrive in a ‘few days’. But its now 2 weeks on and there is no sign of anything from M&S, bearing in mind that its only when you sign and return a form will they actually start to open the account.

Is this a normal timescale for them? I have called their customer services and they said it ‘is due soon’. All this is a complete contrast to other switches in the past which have flown through in less time including the actual switch!
    Originally posted by alsa1
    I applied for mine almost exactly three weeks ago. The switch completed on the 7th working day. Mine was opened (and the switch arranged) in store though... I'm guessing yours wasn't?

The only problem I encountered was one letter instructed me to wait for a 'Security Code' to be sent through the post. I waited like a lemon for this code, only to discover it was actually a piece of 'memorable info' I'd given during the application process.

And it also appears you have to use a different online banking username to the one you've used for HSBC
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

996Posts Today

5,829Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin