Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • weela2017
    • By weela2017 29th Nov 17, 1:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    weela2017
    Apparently Infamous Peel Centre
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:28 PM
    Apparently Infamous Peel Centre 29th Nov 17 at 1:28 PM
    Hi all,

I am the lucky recipient of a PCN/NTK from the apparently infamous Peel Centre Stockport managed by Excel Parking. I have been through the newbies sticky thread but have noticed some issues with my particular case.

The charge is £100 (reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days of issue) for a 92min stay while I was in Costa meeting a customer of mine.

I have never been to the centre before so was completely unaware that it is a managed car park. I'm now aware (after doing some research) that there are signs indicating as much but, as the images on their PCN clearly show, I arrived when it was completely dark and completely missed the signs (genuine error from me, I have never tried to dodge parking fees before in my life). I am 99% sure that the signs aren't illuminated which likely contributed to why I didn't see them in the dark.

I want to contest the charge on these grounds and offer to pay the £1.30 it would have cost me to pay and display had I noticed them. But my case is likely going to be hampered because I didn't collect photos at the time (it never occurred to me at the time it might be managed and who takes photos of every car park they ever use?).

The crux of my question is whether I'm likely to be successful contesting the charge without any photo evidence taken at the time?

Many thanks in advance,

Weela2017
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Nov 17, 1:34 PM
    • 15,918 Posts
    • 24,675 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:34 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:34 PM
    The crux of my question is whether I'm likely to be successful contesting the charge without any photo evidence taken at the time?
    You will not be successful in contesting the charge with Excel or their 2nd stage appeals service, the IAS.

It will only be at court that you will get a fair, impartial hearing on this, where you can win with forum help in preparing a defence and subsequent papers.

Meantime, just send in the initial appeal from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 (black text version for an IPC operator), don’t change anything in it. You are going through the motions only of ‘engaging’ in their process.

Come back if you get a LBC or court claim.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 29th Nov 17, 1:45 PM
    • 1,815 Posts
    • 3,205 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:45 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:45 PM
    https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213722749-Peel-Centre-Roboclaim

Video at the bottom
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

7,301Users online

Martin's Twitter