Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • archduke
    • By archduke 29th Nov 17, 1:10 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    archduke
    30 free hours reconfirmaton
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:10 PM
    30 free hours reconfirmaton 29th Nov 17 at 1:10 PM
    Can anyone find anything that confirms the £100,000 threshold is based on the tax year rather than at the point of signing up/reconfirmation - at least this is what I was told when signing my child up for the 30 free hours.

I guess we are in a unique situation in that my wife was recently made a partner (moving from a salaried role). This means that her income for this tax year will be less than £100,000 but her income for the next tax year will likely be over £100,000. As I understand it we are able to claim the 30 hours up until the April term.

The other added complication is that as self employed in a partnership she doesn't necessarily know until the tax calculations have been done whether her adjusted net income will be over £100,000 - does anyone know what HMRC advise in this scenario?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

458Posts Today

2,838Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin