Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 29th Nov 17, 12:40 PM
    • 1,754Posts
    • 894Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Business sellers
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:40 PM
    Business sellers 29th Nov 17 at 12:40 PM
    Do business sellers have to give their name and address at the bottom each of their adverts?

The reason I ask is that a seller has over 30 caravans and campers for sale shown at two locations. When I made an enquiry the van was at another location some 10 miles away.

Thanks,

Fortyfoot
Page 1
    • Dox
    • By Dox 29th Nov 17, 2:32 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Dox
    • 29th Nov 17, 2:32 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 2:32 PM
    The item isn't necessarily at the address of the seller, but where it is located should be shown at the top of the listing. Often it is pretty generic - e.g. 'UK' or 'Manchester'.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 29th Nov 17, 3:43 PM
    • 59,570 Posts
    • 42,274 Thanks
    soolin
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:43 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:43 PM
    Do business sellers have to give their name and address at the bottom each of their adverts?

The reason I ask is that a seller has over 30 caravans and campers for sale shown at two locations. When I made an enquiry the van was at another location some 10 miles away.

Thanks,

Fortyfoot
    Originally posted by Fortyfoot
    As per Dox's response. Business sellers are required to show a geographic address capable of accepting mail on all listings, they do not have to state where their goods are held. Even small sellers like me have additional storage that is not at my main address,
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Pierre De Grenoble
    • By Pierre De Grenoble 30th Nov 17, 2:23 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    Pierre De Grenoble
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:23 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 2:23 PM
    If someone should have 30 caravans for sale I'd be very inclined to doubt that he/she is a private individual.

More likely is that he /she is dodging legal obligations tax etc etc.

Perhaps a reason to avoid??
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 30th Nov 17, 3:24 PM
    • 11,414 Posts
    • 7,680 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:24 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:24 PM
    If someone should have 30 caravans for sale I'd be very inclined to doubt that he/she is a private individual.

More likely is that he /she is dodging legal obligations tax etc etc.

Perhaps a reason to avoid??
    Originally posted by Pierre De Grenoble
    Whilst I agree, it's not clear if this seller is unregistered or not.

Business seller details are now not allowed to be on the listing itself.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 30th Nov 17, 3:35 PM
    • 59,570 Posts
    • 42,274 Thanks
    soolin
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:35 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:35 PM
    Whilst I agree, it's not clear if this seller is unregistered or not.

Business seller details are now not allowed to be on the listing itself.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    I know there is a glitch that means some of us get different page views but when I look at the seller they are not registered as a business at all.

There are also no business contact details where I would expect to see them one click away from the main listing page .
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • soolin
    • By soolin 30th Nov 17, 3:40 PM
    • 59,570 Posts
    • 42,274 Thanks
    soolin
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:40 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:40 PM
    Firstly, the seller I am linking to here is not one I've used, it was just the first one I came across to illustrate my point.

Note it shows them as being registered as a business on the page by the seller information. Then on the same page, not even one click away, the full business address is shown at the bottom of the page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-CARDBOARD-PACKING-BOXES-FOR-GOLF-CLUBS-SIZE-5-x-4-x-49-SHIPPING-MAILING-NEW/202100100720?epid=1638280734&hash=item2f0e1ace70:g :GssAAOSwPe1UCdOD
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 30th Nov 17, 3:42 PM
    • 11,414 Posts
    • 7,680 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:42 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:42 PM
    I know there is a glitch that means some of us get different page views but when I look at the seller they are not registered as a business at all.

There are also no business contact details where I would expect to see them one click away from the main listing page .
    Originally posted by soolin
    Ah I didn't look at the seller, did I miss a link - I'm on my phone - or is it by investigative work....?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 30th Nov 17, 4:10 PM
    • 59,570 Posts
    • 42,274 Thanks
    soolin
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:10 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:10 PM
    Ah I didn't look at the seller, did I miss a link - I'm on my phone - or is it by investigative work....?
    Sorry, I happen to know which seller it is but the information isn't mine to share.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 30th Nov 17, 4:35 PM
    • 11,414 Posts
    • 7,680 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Sorry, I happen to know which seller it is but the information isn't mine to share.
    Originally posted by soolin
    I don't expect it to be shared, I thought I had misread the thread and missed the link/details.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 30th Nov 17, 6:49 PM
    • 59,570 Posts
    • 42,274 Thanks
    soolin
    I don't expect it to be shared, I thought I had misread the thread and missed the link/details.
    No, it's just me going off on a tangent again
    New to Forum? Guide
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 30th Nov 17, 7:37 PM
    • 26,214 Posts
    • 10,468 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Is this jansen....... (username not complete)

26 caravans but not registered as a business? Yet in the listing they sat a business name c....4 U...

With contact details in the listing itself?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,023Posts Today

8,522Users online

Martin's Twitter