Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cs1986
    • By cs1986 29th Nov 17, 12:33 PM
    • 34Posts
    • 28Thanks
    cs1986
    Looking for something new
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:33 PM
    Looking for something new 29th Nov 17 at 12:33 PM
    So I have been reading the site and some of the 'Boost your income' sites seem to now be defunct or useless and in the forum its sometimes easy to get lost in what is worth time and what isn't.

I currently use Prolific Academic (great site!), Swagbucks (another good one) and TopCashback.
    I was using Ciao but they have just announced that payout is stopping.

As I now am down to 3 sites I have time and capacity to take on another one or two...which would you recommend?

I was thinking GiftHulk and Qmee, would that be a wise choice?

Just after recommendations really as to what are your best earners, as like I say, reading the articles on this site, some of it seems outdated.
    Boosted Income Total: £374.46

TopCashback: £180.98 // Ciao: £97.13 // Prolific Academic: £67.53 // Swagbucks: £28.82
Page 1
    • culpepper
    • By culpepper 29th Nov 17, 4:16 PM
    • 3,891 Posts
    • 7,188 Thanks
    culpepper
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:16 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:16 PM
    Qmee is quite nice now that there are surveys to do and not just searches.

If you have a mobile phone, then onepulse is quite a nice one as they send little surveys (unpaid ) every day and usually one or two paid ones in there too. Mostly click on two or three answers and that's it. They pay in dollars now( just changed to this ) an you can cash out at $5 (paypal) which is converted to pounds and pence inside of your paypal (I think its about £3.60)

I do google opinion rewards too but they only pay in google play credits and quite slow to build up..
    • rjw4
    • By rjw4 29th Nov 17, 4:45 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    rjw4
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:45 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:45 PM
    I use valued opinions for gift vouchers and globaltestmarket have lowered their threshold to 1150 points (£10) now rather than £30 - I get screened out a lot though or complete the survey and do not get the points. Customer service is awful/non-existent.
    • fraserbooks
    • By fraserbooks 29th Nov 17, 7:32 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 5,458 Thanks
    fraserbooks
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:32 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:32 PM
    Qmee is good for a passive income from searches but surveys are very low paid. The advantage is you can cash out any amount and it is quick. My best paying site after prolific is mintvine now branded surveys. It is very simple to use and they have plenty of surveys.

I also like Crowdology but don't get many surveys.
    • cs1986
    • By cs1986 29th Nov 17, 8:09 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    cs1986
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:09 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:09 PM
    I know MintVine is another if anyone has experience with that?

If I can find another Swagbucks I will be happy haha

TopCashback: £180.98 // Ciao: £97.13 // Prolific Academic: £67.53 // Swagbucks: £28.82
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 30th Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    • 7,439 Posts
    • 11,225 Thanks
    cally6008
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    If you like Swagbucks, then you will probably like InstaGC as well.
    InstaGC is similar but no daily goals and lots more offer walls and surveys.

I wouldn't really recommend Gifthulk to any new starters, InstaGC is a lot easier and quicker to earn on.

Qmee is ok if you want to make a quid or two per month.

• Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 1st Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:28 PM
    PopulusLive is the best paying survey site. They pay £1 per 5 minutes. The length of the surveys is usually between 5 minutes to 20 minutes.

OnePoll is a good survey site especially this time of year as it's nearer Christmas there are more surveys.
    • asajj
    • By asajj 1st Dec 17, 10:48 PM
    • 4,166 Posts
    • 10,601 Thanks
    asajj
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:48 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 10:48 PM
    Global Test Market, Populus Live, Valued opinions.
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 2nd Dec 17, 10:25 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 229 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:25 PM
    • 2nd Dec 17, 10:25 PM
    Global Test Market, Populus Live, Valued opinions.
    Originally posted by asajj
    Global Test Market isn't worth it. I unsubscribed weeks ago.

In July 2017, they reduced the amount you earn per survey by changing the points system from MarketPoints to LifePoints. With many 20 minute surveys now only offering the equivalent of about 22 MarketPoints, making the hourly rate less than £2 per hour even if you don't get screened out of any surveys. And you will get screened out of some.

Also, the dashboard doesn't even tell you how long each survey is or what the reward is for doing the survey. It just has a bunch of numbers next to each survey.

At least the OP knows in advance and can save wasting their time.
    Last edited by Marvqn1; 02-12-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    • asajj
    • By asajj 2nd Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 4,166 Posts
    • 10,601 Thanks
    asajj
    Global Test Market isn't worth it. I unsubscribed weeks ago.

In July 2017, they reduced the amount you earn per survey by changing the points system from MarketPoints to LifePoints. With many 20 minute surveys now only offering the equivalent of about 22 MarketPoints, making the hourly rate than than £2 per hour even if you don't get screened out of any surveys. And you will get screened out of some.

Also, the dashboard doesn't even tell you how long each survey is or what the reward is for doing the survey. It just has a bunch of numbers next to each survey.

At least the OP knows in advance and can save wasting their time.
    Originally posted by Marvqn1
    And Populus Live sends surveys once in a blue moon. Valued Opinions are not as good as once it used to be.
    I told OP my preferences. GTM is worth it for me, especially with the reduced threshold.
    £2015 in 2015 / £2015

No buying unnecessary stuff.
    Clearing out by selling on Ebay, donating to charity etc.
    • Planet Switzerland
    • By Planet Switzerland 4th Dec 17, 2:24 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Planet Switzerland
    I concur about Global Test Market. I've never been a fan but they were the site I'd make the most money from.

After the latest reduction in how much they pay per survey it doesn't seem worth it anymore. The rate itself isn't that bad compared to other sites, but the problem is they send so many invites you won't qualify for that you spend just as much time being screened out of surveys as you do completing surveys.

That's not to mention them probably being the worst site for screening out after completing a survey.

There was a time when if I find my inbox full of Global Test Market invites I'd grit my teeth and go through them all, now when I see it I just can't be bothered and delete them.

There are a few good sites out there like Prolific Academic, Populus Live, Your Say Pays, Mindmover (excluding partner surveys), Opinium, YouGov but the problem is the invites are not that regular. Unfortunately the ones with regular invites and the rubbish ones.
    • cs1986
    • By cs1986 4th Dec 17, 4:20 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    cs1986
    I think PopulusLive will be the next one I try, if it is anything like Prolific Academic then I will be happy.

Loving Swagbucks right now and currently grinding with InstaGC which will be a slow burner. May also give Qmee a go for something to tick over.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

334Posts Today

2,304Users online

Martin's Twitter