Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shylock
    • By Shylock 29th Nov 17, 12:20 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Shylock
    DIY Downloadable Codicil Templates
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:20 PM
    DIY Downloadable Codicil Templates 29th Nov 17 at 12:20 PM
    Hi,
    I need to change the Executors of my Will.
    There's plenty of DIY offerings on the Web offering suitable Codicil templates, including instructions, for about £10-£15, which would seem simpler (& cheaper!) than using a Solicitor for such a minor change.
    Does anyone have any experience of these or recommend a particular company/site?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 29th Nov 17, 12:34 PM
    • 3,362 Posts
    • 2,714 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:34 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:34 PM
    Hi,
    I need to change the Executors of my Will.
    There's plenty of DIY offerings on the Web offering suitable Codicil templates, including instructions, for about £10-£15, which would seem simpler (& cheaper!) than using a Solicitor for such a minor change.
    Does anyone have any experience of these or recommend a particular company/site?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Shylock
    How long is it since you made your will? Wills need to be reviewed and updated every five years or so. In any case codicils, although legal are seldom used these days. They can esaily be "lost" or damaged. The technology these days makes it easy to print out a new will.
    Last edited by Yorkshireman99; 29-11-2017 at 1:27 PM.
    • Margot123
    • By Margot123 29th Nov 17, 3:21 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    Margot123
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:21 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:21 PM
    My Dad's solicitor did his codicil for a very small charge. I think it was about £50.
    Worth getting a professional to do it, pay a little bit extra, and have peace of mind that it's been done correctly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

283Posts Today

1,161Users online

Martin's Twitter