Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hippieboyy99
    • By Hippieboyy99 29th Nov 17, 11:33 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hippieboyy99
    Parking charge notice help
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:33 AM
    Parking charge notice help 29th Nov 17 at 11:33 AM
    Hi all,

So I'm new here and I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place!!

A few weeks ago I parked in a car park (normally 2.50 all day) but the signs were unclear as too how much it cost on a sunday and the one sign for a sunday had been defaced but looked to me as if it were free. Other signs had no price next to Sunday it simply said "All day" The signs that I saw were visible from the road and did not have anything but basic infomation. None of the IPC/IAS logos and were cable tied to the fence. Not visible at night due to no lighting. There were signs inside but to be honest they were much smaller and I just went on the ones on the outside

My appeal that the signs were unclear have been turned down "As I should have rung and confirmed before parking there"

I'm looking for advice really. If you think the invoice is fair I will pay it. I am more !!!!ed off at my own stupidity (and Im also a student at the moment so money is not something I deal with frivilously) but also the signs were really unclear and too me looked like it was free on a sunday.

It's a small birmingham based company called premier parking logisitics and I really don't want a CCJ..

They suggested appealing to the IAS if I felt it was unfair but then will not be able to pay the reduced rate if I do so!

I have links to the photos but it won't let me post them as a new user!

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Kind regards

Slightly usless and very dismayed student.

Joe
    Last edited by Hippieboyy99; 29-11-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 29th Nov 17, 11:45 AM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,227 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:45 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:45 AM
    Have you read the newbies thread?
    You never appeal to the IAS
    You are ignoring debt collectors and waiting to see if they send a letter before claim OR court papers.
    • Hippieboyy99
    • By Hippieboyy99 29th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hippieboyy99
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    Thank you I have now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,674Posts Today

5,894Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin