Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vickyl1985
    • By Vickyl1985 29th Nov 17, 9:25 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Vickyl1985
    PCN Appeal rejected by IAS
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:25 AM
    PCN Appeal rejected by IAS 29th Nov 17 at 9:25 AM
    Hi,
    Please can anyone give me some advice...
    I received a PCN from Excel parking services at Liverpool airport for stopping in a no stopping zone for 30 seconds. The only reason I stopped was because I took a wrong turn and had to check out where I was and turnaround but I have been fined for stopping :-(

The fine was issued 6/10/17 for £60. I didn't receive the first letter by post. I then received a final reminder for £100.00 by post on the 6/11/17.

The fine is with Excel parking services. I appealed to them twice based on the fact that I was looking for a pre-booked car park and took a wrong turn and they rejected both appeals.
    I then went to the Independent appeals service and they also rejected my appeal.

So now I'm left with a £100.00 fine to pay and dont know what to do next as I dont want a CCJ and my credit rating is currently good.

Please help!

Many Thanks
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    • 15,980 Posts
    • 24,796 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    Welcome to the forum.

First point, please do not panic about this. We’ve dealt with hundreds of Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) ‘stopping’ cases and no one has paid and other than irritating debt collector letters, none has gone any further.

Are you sure your paperwork from the PPC has come from Excel (rather than their sister company, VCS)? If so, that’s a big mistake of theirs as all the signage at the airport (the purported contract with you) is in the name of VCS. Excel are a stranger to this ‘contract’ and are not in a position to pursue this legally.

If you’d have come to us earlier we would have advised that any appeal to the IAS was futile as no one has any real prospect of winning with them.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748204

You cannot get a CCJ unless you are taken to court and you lose. It won’t affect your credit rating unless the judge awards costs against you and you refuse/forget to pay in full in the time allocated by the judge (normally one month). You are entirely in control of this.

There has never been a court case for stopping at LJLA - so you shouldn’t go worrying that you will be the first. Do come back if you receive any court papers - but no one ever has in the 5+ years that this sc@m has been operational there.

So that you can be confident in my advice, do a forum search here, one on PePiPoo and one on Google for ‘Liverpool Airport stopping fines’ (or similar). Here’s a starter for you:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=109259

Any questions, just raise them on this thread.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 29-11-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Vickyl1985
    • By Vickyl1985 29th Nov 17, 10:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Vickyl1985
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:40 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:40 AM
    Many thanks for your reply!
    I have only just come across this forum it's great and I wish I'd have come here sooner.
    Ok so my mistake the parking fine is indeed from VCS I have just checked.
    I will post back if I receive any court papers - fingers crossed it wont get that far.

Thank you once again!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 29th Nov 17, 10:52 AM
    • 1,192 Posts
    • 1,236 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:52 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:52 AM
    No, come back if you get a Letter Before Action - something stating court action WILL happen
    OR

Court papers.

It isnt a fine - dont make it more scary sounding than it is. Its just an invoice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,394Posts Today

7,913Users online

Martin's Twitter