Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MIKE YEULETT
    • By MIKE YEULETT 29th Nov 17, 9:12 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MIKE YEULETT
    Cavity wall insulation
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:12 AM
    Cavity wall insulation 29th Nov 17 at 9:12 AM
    Hi All We applied for free cavity wall insulation on our 1960s Bungalow. The surveyor came and said that it was done years ago but one wall (our bedroom wall with which we have condensation problems) wasn't done, but it was not worth them coming out to fill one wall, and we would therefore, not be eleigible.!! Any thoughts or advice ?
    Mike
Page 1
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 29th Nov 17, 11:45 AM
    • 3,157 Posts
    • 1,879 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:45 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:45 AM
    I'm guessing that you'll have to pay for it yourself if you cant get a grant.

Generally grants are only available if there's a substantial area that needs to be done, rather than just "infill"

We managed to get one for our loft in seven years ago, because the average level was less than 50mm even though theres was a smalll area where someone had put in an extra layer.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    • UrbanEnergy
    • By UrbanEnergy 29th Nov 17, 4:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    UrbanEnergy
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:31 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:31 PM
    Grants are available, if you are receiving benefits you can get free cavity walling. If you did not receive a CIGA guarantee with the initial installation it needs to be taken out and re-installed to get a new guarantee. Where are you based and I can point you in the right direction?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

325Posts Today

2,073Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin