Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • patijack
    • By patijack 29th Nov 17, 8:11 AM
    • 23Posts
    • 7Thanks
    patijack
    Santander pay in date Questions
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:11 AM
    Santander pay in date Questions 29th Nov 17 at 8:11 AM
    Hello,
    i have a Santander 123 & an esaver, i have a s/o set up to pay into the 123 from an outside account then from 123 to esaver, my questions are : my s/o to esaver falls this weekend 3rd December, am i correct in thinking it wont go untill Monday, will this effect my pay in obligations & interest ? It seems whatever payin date you choose will fall on a weekend sometime, i read that this may revert your account back to a standard account? Is there a preffered day in the month that avoids this that anyone uses?
Page 1
    • EJS_Superted
    • By EJS_Superted 29th Nov 17, 10:43 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    EJS_Superted
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:43 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:43 AM
    My pay in date for my e-saver has fallen on the weekend twice this year. Once was a Saturday, once was a Sunday. In both cases the payment was taken on the following Monday.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 29th Nov 17, 11:19 AM
    • 5,579 Posts
    • 4,888 Thanks
    badger09
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:19 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:19 AM
    Hello,
    i have a Santander 123 & an esaver, i have a s/o set up to pay into the 123 from an outside account then from 123 to esaver, my questions are : my s/o to esaver falls this weekend 3rd December, am i correct in thinking it wont go untill Monday, will this effect my pay in obligations & interest ? It seems whatever payin date you choose will fall on a weekend sometime, i read that this may revert your account back to a standard account? Is there a preffered day in the month that avoids this that anyone uses?
    Originally posted by patijack
    I hope you mean the Regular eSaver

There is no requirement to pay into this account every month.

If your payment is due to go on Sunday 3rd, it will go on Monday 4th so there will be a minuscule impact on your interest.

The T&C are here. I suggest you read them and keep a copy

https://www.santander.co.uk/uk/savings/regular-esaver
    I'm a supporter of dunstonh
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

327Posts Today

2,301Users online

Martin's Twitter