Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 29th Nov 17, 6:16 AM
    • 2,896Posts
    • 39,313Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Wednesday 29th November 2017
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:16 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 29th November 2017 29th Nov 17 at 6:16 AM
    O/S Daily Wednesday 29th November 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark here, but air feels cold, but not sure if we've had a frost, hope not as it was wet underfoot from the showers we had late/into the evening yesterday.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was disjointed as DH was late in, boys and myself had sausages with jacket potato with cheese/beans, DH had sausages, beans and chips. Tonight's dinner is fish, chips and beans/veg - not very well thought out but need something reasonably quick as I finish late on a Wednesday and it needs to be a bung on a tray and into the oven type dinner.

Yesterday work started off reasonably quiet but then became very busy and people were waiting a while - but as always we did our best under the circumstances. Once I finish this afternoon I'm on days' off until Monday, have quite a "to do" list still so will crack on with it.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 29-11-2017 at 6:31 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 29th Nov 17, 12:44 PM
    • 3,244 Posts
    • 38,793 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Great news Floss, congratulations
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • snoozer
    • By snoozer 29th Nov 17, 1:21 PM
    • 1,885 Posts
    • 18,668 Thanks
    snoozer
    Well done Floss.

I hope all the people with aches and pains and other ailments feel better son.

Dumpling, I hope the meeting yesterday hasn't caused a setback for you.

We've got the Ziggypup with us again. She hasn't been well for the last couple of weeks and DD rang in a flap yesterday about her so I went down, took her to the vets and then brought her home with me. TBH she isn't too bad, although she definitely has had a stomach upset. DD panics though, I dread to think what she will be like when/if she has children.

I'm sewing the binding of a new baby quilt. I'm very pleased with it, it's a dreamcatcher design and was very intricate to make. It's going to a friend of Dil's and DD's who is expecting her first very shortly after having six miscarriages over the last couple of years.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 29th Nov 17, 3:40 PM
    • 10,029 Posts
    • 107,714 Thanks
    LameWolf
    I'm hoping for a quieter, less traumatic day today. Thanks again to all of you. Although me, my sister and dad's girlfriend were all in agreement, the other two are much less likely to stand up to any authority figures so it fell to me to sort things out. It was still hard to do, and it's the kind of thing that stays with you forever I think.....
    Originally posted by CRANKY40
    But at least you can hold your head high and know that you did the right thing for your Dad. Hoping his remaining time is peaceful and painfree. x
    I'm looking forward to my Advent calendar and Tru's festive fun too
    Originally posted by CRANKY40
    I'm hoping we can get Scampi to give us a rendition of "The Night Before Woof-mas".
    LW hope Mr LW gets sorted soon
    Originally posted by Floss
    Thank you; we have a date for the first of his three tests; a CT scan of his whole torso, at 13:00 this Sunday. He's not allowed to eat for three hours beforehand, and has to drink a litre of "clear fluid" (can include tea or coffee,but presumably not with milk) an hour beforehand. I've suggested green tea, as I don't see him drinking a litre of water somehow.... and TŁna pants!!

Congrats on the job, btw; hope you enjoy it.
    Last edited by LameWolf; 29-11-2017 at 3:43 PM.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 29th Nov 17, 3:41 PM
    • 1,284 Posts
    • 14,523 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Hello all, I've been out shopping and even though I was layered up (looking like the Michelin woman) I got so cold, my face is still very pink and my eyes are watering. I hope sone Y'S ham, my bargain of the week. Actually I haven't been out so it probably doesn't count.
    Congratulations Floss!
    Cranky I'm really pleased that the consultant saw sense. I might have to stick the heating up a notch, later I'll make chicken in lemony garlic sauce. I've bought mince pies, too lazy to make the,m, even though I have a nice new tin to do them in. I haven't made any mincemeat. I'm failing to live up to my own low standards.
    Tru, I'm waiting g too!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • Judi
    • By Judi 29th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    • 15,453 Posts
    • 63,792 Thanks
    Judi
    Well done Floss on the job. Talking about jobs, my daughter (the Blonde one) has phoned me, she has a new job starting January. She is so excited about it because its exactly what she wants to do.

Back to Nanny daycare for me, same hours as i did for Livewire. The Other Nanny is doing two half days. The alternative is nursery 3 days a week.

Have to say, i'm dreading school holidays.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 29th Nov 17, 5:25 PM
    • 1,739 Posts
    • 20,659 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Congratulations Floss that is good news
    • karcher
    • By karcher 29th Nov 17, 5:31 PM
    • 1,535 Posts
    • 12,938 Thanks
    karcher
    Congratulations Floss
    • Floss
    • By Floss 29th Nov 17, 5:52 PM
    • 4,092 Posts
    • 33,711 Thanks
    Floss
    Thanks for all the good wishes please stop or I will come over all emulsion
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,470Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter