Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SumiBert1
    • By SumiBert1 29th Nov 17, 12:25 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SumiBert1
    No ticket on car!
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:25 AM
    No ticket on car! 29th Nov 17 at 12:25 AM
    Hi there, I apologise if this has already been answered somewhere else. Iíve had a good read of the newbie thread and am not sure if I continue as advised on there.
    I have just received a parking notice from a company called Care Parking. This informed me that I was ticketed on the 20th of October- I have checked the website and there are photos of my car with a parking ticket on- I have never seen this ticket or else I would have appealed straight away!
    I have three points of contention 1, my friend actually owns the parking space I was parked in ( he pays a mortgage on it) and has never subscribed to the parking scheme operated on the apartment car park- most of the users havenít.
    2, the parking ticket states I was parked in Oldham- I wasnít it was in Heywood- a technicality- but hey!
    3, I never received the original ticket!

Please can someone advise- itís making me stressed!!!
    Many thanks!
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Nov 17, 12:59 AM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:59 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:59 AM
    Yes, at this stage continue as advised in post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread.
    I.e. send the appropriate appeal unchanged to the private parking company.

You would also be wise to remove any clues to the driver's identity from your post.

Replace 'I' with 'the driver' for things that happened on the day and it was the keeper who received the PCN through the post.

The PPCs trawl forums waiting for people to trip themselves up.
    • SumiBert1
    • By SumiBert1 29th Nov 17, 10:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SumiBert1
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:45 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:45 PM
    My friend has contactacted the company and they have told him that they will remove the notice if I appeal because- he owns the space! All very dodgy- so I will still carefully word my appeal! Thanks
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Nov 17, 11:05 PM
    • 4,788 Posts
    • 3,147 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:05 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:05 PM
    But you didn't edit your opening post??
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Nov 17, 11:26 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,072 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:26 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:26 PM
    a classic example of "ghost ticketing"

place ticket on vehicle, take pictures , remove ticket , victim is none the wiser

see parking pranksters blog
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 30th Nov 17, 12:32 AM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,058 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:32 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:32 AM
    My friend has contactacted the company and they have told him that they will remove the notice if I appeal because- he owns the space! All very dodgy- so I will still carefully word my appeal! Thanks
    Originally posted by SumiBert1
    Your friend is somewhat naive or possibly misled..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

469Posts Today

3,159Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin