Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moominpops
    • By moominpops 28th Nov 17, 11:21 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 4Thanks
    moominpops
    Argos click and collect problem - refused a refund!
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:21 PM
    Argos click and collect problem - refused a refund! 28th Nov 17 at 11:21 PM
    So, I bought an item from Ebay on 24/10 to be delivered to Argos using their click and collect service. I received an email to say it was ready to collect on 27/10.

As I was so busy I completely forgot to pick it up and only remembered a week or so ago, so I checked the collection email and it said "Your order will be held at your selected Click & Collection location until 03-Nov-2017. If you haven’t collected your order by then, we’ll return it to the seller and you’ll receive a refund."

So I thought fair enough, they should have had enough time by now to process my refund... but I haven't received one. So I opened a case (don't know if that was the right thing to do but I am an Ebay newbie...) and I said that I hadn't had chance to pick the item up and asked if they were processing a refund. Anyway, I received an email from Ebay today saying this:

"We're sorry you have a problem with your purchase. However, the seller provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to your address.

After reviewing all the details of this request, we determined that you won't receive a refund."

What!? I had the item delivered to Argos, not my address. I haven't received any tracking number either if they sent it to my house once it was returned to them from Argos. I'm sooo confused.

Has anyone had this problem before or knows what I can do? I thought I might be able to message back to tell them that it was delivered to Argos and not my home address but it only gives me the option to open an appeal and it says this:

"If you're unhappy with a decision on a case, you can appeal within 30 days of the case being closed. You'll need to provide new information in your appeal, which may include:
    • A copy of your police report
    • Photos showing the item doesn't match the listing description
    • Tracking details showing the seller received your return"
    Well I don't have any of those as I never received the bloody item! Help!!!
Page 1
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 29th Nov 17, 12:49 AM
    • 5,000 Posts
    • 19,855 Thanks
    FatVonD
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:49 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:49 AM
    Have you tried going to Argos to see if you can collect it if it's still there?

The seller has done their bit, they have delivered it to the address you requested it be delivered to.
    Make £5 a day in December £54.94/£310 (November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54)
    • Tealblue
    • By Tealblue 29th Nov 17, 11:42 AM
    • 664 Posts
    • 1,033 Thanks
    Tealblue
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:42 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 11:42 AM
    Poor old seller. They do their bit, pay for it to be delivered, you don't bother to pick it up...and you're now throwing a tantrum because people aren't rushing around to refund you, leaving the seller out of pocket (they may have to pay to have it returned to them, depending on the delivery service they used) and having to relist.
    • moominpops
    • By moominpops 29th Nov 17, 2:48 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    moominpops
    • 29th Nov 17, 2:48 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 2:48 PM
    Ok Tealblue - I didn't "bother" not to pick it up, I completely forgot, it happens when you are incredibly busy. I asked for advice not a smarmy post. If you can't be helpful then why post at all?
    • moominpops
    • By moominpops 29th Nov 17, 3:13 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    moominpops
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:13 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:13 PM
    Ok so an update - I rang Ebay (probably should have done that in the first place, but hey) and they looked into it for me. It seems Argos had lost my parcel and didn't send it back to the seller after the 7 day cut off point. Therefore Ebay will refund me themselves as it is not the fault of the seller. Good job I rang!
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 29th Nov 17, 3:40 PM
    • 3,168 Posts
    • 1,818 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:40 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:40 PM
    Argos seem pretty good at loosing things!
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • usefulmale
    • By usefulmale 29th Nov 17, 5:11 PM
    • 2,324 Posts
    • 4,327 Thanks
    usefulmale
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:11 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:11 PM
    Ok Tealblue - I didn't "bother" not to pick it up, I completely forgot, it happens when you are incredibly busy. I asked for advice not a smarmy post. If you can't be helpful then why post at all?
    Originally posted by moominpops
    Didn't 'bother' to pick it up. Completely 'forgot'. Doesn't matter which it was.

You 'remembered' this item a month after you bought it. The seller did everything that was asked of them. It's YOUR responsibility to go collect it.

For an 'ebay newbie' you worked out how to open a case pretty quick but you couldn't find the 'contact seller' button to ask for help in locating YOUR item that YOU neglected to pick up.

Just shows how entitled and precious some people can be.

Do the decent thing, accept responsibility for YOUR mistake, contact the seller and offer to pay for the item to be sent to Argos again.
    Originally Posted by MSE Forum Team
    We’ve had to remove your signature because what you wrote was true and sensible and there's no room for that here.
    • moominpops
    • By moominpops 29th Nov 17, 6:41 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    moominpops
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:41 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:41 PM
    Usefulmale - there is no need to ask the seller to resend it. I no longer need the item and as the seller didn’t lose any money there is absolutely no point.

I am not entitled or precious, I simply asked for advice on what I should do. I wasn’t moaning or blaming someone else, I accept responsibility but as I didn’t have the item or my money and as my collection email said that if the item wasn’t picked up it would be returned to seller and I would receive a refund, I just wondered why I hadn’t received one yet. I was also confused as to why Ebay said it had been delivered to my address when it was actually delivered to Argos.

I also mistakenly opened a case as that was the first thing I saw to choose ‘not received my item’.

You can all chill now as I am getting my refund at no loss to the seller.
    • usefulmale
    • By usefulmale 30th Nov 17, 6:54 AM
    • 2,324 Posts
    • 4,327 Thanks
    usefulmale
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:54 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 6:54 AM
    Usefulmale - there is no need to ask the seller to resend it. I no longer need the item and as the seller didn’t lose any money there is absolutely no point.
    Originally posted by moominpops
    The seller has lost the outbound postage to Argos.

As you 'no longer need' the item (no surprise there) and the mess-up is entirely yours, are you going to offer to cover the sellers initial postage?
    Originally Posted by MSE Forum Team
    We’ve had to remove your signature because what you wrote was true and sensible and there's no room for that here.
    • Gary123456790
    • By Gary123456790 30th Nov 17, 11:32 AM
    • 446 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    Gary123456790
    Originally posted by usefulmale
    The seller is in the same position as if the buyer had picked up the item - they have been paid and have sent the item.

Ebay have refunded the money themselves as it seems Argos have lost the parcel.

Gary.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 30th Nov 17, 12:17 PM
    • 11,442 Posts
    • 7,715 Thanks
    theonlywayisup

As you 'no longer need' the item (no surprise there) and the mess-up is entirely yours, are you going to offer to cover the sellers initial postage?
    Originally posted by usefulmale
    Gary sums it up perfectly well.

Why do you think the seller has lost money?
    • celestius
    • By celestius 2nd Dec 17, 6:33 PM
    • 1,067 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    celestius
    Lucky for the seller that they sent the item with tracking.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 2nd Dec 17, 8:24 PM
    • 4,895 Posts
    • 5,346 Thanks
    societys child
    Another thread that reminds my why I never sell on ebay . . .

• soolin
    • By soolin 2nd Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 59,598 Posts
    • 42,294 Thanks
    soolin
    Another thread that reminds my why I never sell on ebay . . .
    Originally posted by societys child
    Bit of a strange remark. Millions of transactions a day and we really only get the bad things posted here which are a microscopic percentage of the transactions overall.

On that basis better never ride in a car as some have accidents, in fact best to never leave the house as a teensy percentage of those that do have an accident.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • societys child
    • By societys child 2nd Dec 17, 9:01 PM
    • 4,895 Posts
    • 5,346 Thanks
    societys child
    Bit of a strange remark
    Not strange at all and I buy constantly on ebay, but really couldn't cope as a seller.
    I don't know how you put up with some of the nutty/ dodgy buyers, Hey, I admire you

• soolin
    • By soolin 2nd Dec 17, 9:05 PM
    • 59,598 Posts
    • 42,294 Thanks
    soolin
    Not strange at all and I buy constantly on ebay, but really couldn't cope as a seller.
    I don't know how you put up with some of the nutty/ dodgy buyers, Hey, I admire you
    Originally posted by societys child
    I put up with some strange people with odd ideas, especially about how quickly airmail to the US takes! because I use the money to have several holidays a year. If I stopped ebaying I would have to reduce the amount of foreign holidays I have, and I love my holidays.

I have started using SHpock now as well, as every sale is a step nearer to booking more flights and hotels.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

980Posts Today

5,794Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin