Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lazer-zxr
    • By lazer-zxr 28th Nov 17, 11:16 PM
    • 388Posts
    • 452Thanks
    lazer-zxr
    New heating system
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:16 PM
    New heating system 28th Nov 17 at 11:16 PM
    Im renovating a house for me and my family to live in. It's a 4 bed semi including a loft conversion which contains a bedroom and study.
    I'm putting in wet under floor heating myself on ground floor.
    The quotes I'm getting are for a new 40kw Baxi boiler, with new gas supply pipe on an easy 5m run from the meter.
    Upstairs it's 3 bedrooms and landing, so 4 double radiators. En suite and bathroom fitting of a two towel rails I provide. Loft conversion is 3 double radiators. It'll be be copper piping throughout.
    I also want new hot and cold pipe work put in for water.

Quote 1: local firm. £5200 with a Baxi boiler and cheap rads bundle.
    Quote 2: local lad works for himself . £4500 with boiler. £3500 if I source it. Thks will be middle of the road rads, not the cheapest ones.
    Quote 3: pending.

Any thoughts are welcome.
    Area is north east.
    Debtfree challenge done. £59353 repaid May 17.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

210Posts Today

1,691Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin