Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Widget C
    • By Widget C 28th Nov 17, 10:59 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Widget C
    Premier Park refusing to issue a POPLA code, POPLA no help direct - advice please
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:59 PM
    Premier Park refusing to issue a POPLA code, POPLA no help direct - advice please 28th Nov 17 at 10:59 PM
    Hi

I'm new and will try and keep this as short as I can.

I was issued a PCN by Premier Park for overstaying a 2 hour limit by around a further hour. This was genuine custom / retail and we provided a series of 3 receipts in the appeal to Premier Park. I submitted my appeal via the online process however after approximately a month had not heard anything so contacted them via the email submission form again to advise of such and request an update, nothing more. Their autoreply states if you have not heard anything in 35 days please contact us.

This further email received a response around a week later and was a clear generic 'thanks but do one' stock reply as stated along the lines of 'we have reviewed the further evidence and our decision to reject the appeal is upheld, a copy of the original refusal is attached, you have reached the end of our internal appeals proceedure and any further communication will not be responded to'. I did not submit any further evidence, merely requested an update and had never seen or received this supposed 'original refusal'.

I tried to use the POPLA code in this 'original refusal' but when doing so was told it was either invalid or expired. It appears due to the date of original refusal / issuing of the POPLA code had now lead to the 28 days expiring I assume. The next day I then received a request through the post for the full PCN amount from Premier Park.

I contacted Premier Park again by the same email portal to politely request a POPLA code reitterating the circumstances but true to their word they did not respond, the next I received was a demand from DRP for an increased amount. In response to this I wrote to DRP and advised I would not be paying any demands until Premier Park had afforded me all opportunities to appeal and respectfully requested all charges be put on hold. At this same time I wrote to Premier Park, sent recorded delivery advising the same, reitterating the circumstances and requesting a POPLA code again. I have now received a further reminded from DRP and the following day a letter from Premier Park saying they can no longer deal with the matter as it is in the hands of DRP. There is no acknkowledgement of my request for a POPLA code or anything merely a not our problem / we are not helping tone.

Whilst all this has been bubbling on I did contact POPLA direct as their website states in certain circumstances a late appeal may be considered so I explained the situation and asked if an appeal could be submitted using the provided code even though it had expired but ther response was that I had not provided adequate proof as to why it was late and the PPC could not be held responsible for undelivered emails or post, so ridiculous and not at all helpful.

What do I do now please? Any suggestions? I would like to think with the evidence I have I could win at court but would rather not have to get to that stage or risk CCJ'S etc as I have read could happen on other threads.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Nov 17, 11:02 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:02 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:02 PM
    complain by email to the BPA and the DVLA about this lack of suitable ADR and faulty popla codes etc

POPLA cannot help you but that does not mean it cannot be put right and a new and valid popla code issued by PP

enclose copies of all paperwork and add a timeline too

and IGNORE drp, they are powerless
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • baldelectrician
    • By baldelectrician 28th Nov 17, 11:30 PM
    • 2,130 Posts
    • 1,323 Thanks
    baldelectrician
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:30 PM
    Send PP a Subject Access Request (a £10 fee) and state you want copies of everything

They have a legal duty to respond within a time and this will give you all information

Write to DRP and inform them you dispute the debt and they should cease and desist until the matter is resolved

The SAR will give you all the info you are looking for - and they cannot ignore it.
    baldly going on...
    • Widget C
    • By Widget C 28th Nov 17, 11:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Widget C
    Thanks for the very quick reply.

Can you confirm what you mean by ADR though please?

I'm not usually one to ignore things but thanks for the advice re DRP. If they are powerless though and I have already told them I am not paying and requested charges be put on hold has anyone tried the whole harassment / charging them for your time to reply to their letters type scenario in such circumstances?
    • Widget C
    • By Widget C 28th Nov 17, 11:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Widget C
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:35 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:35 PM
    Sorry I am new to all this, what would I be asking for on an SAR please, you say ask for everything? I assume the evidence of the offence? This however will not help me get a POPLA code etc will it?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Nov 17, 11:36 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:36 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:36 PM
    ADR = Alternative Dispute Resolution

in this case = POPLA via the Ombudsman Service , which is why you want a working code

DRP business model is to do what their clients tell them to do, chase money from alleged debtors, so you are wasting your time and energy trying to stop that juggernaut

just IGNORE them, cant put it any simpler than that

you should concentrate on your complaints and get a valid popla code if at all possible

also complain to your local MP about this and get them to support the second reading of the private members bill by Sir Greg Knight in late feb/early march 2018

forget the SAR for now, that can be done in the future if you so wish (and NO it wont get you a popla code , or ADR , or anything other than paperwork)

concentrate your efforts on the BPA by email and copy in the dvla too
    Last edited by Redx; 28-11-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • baldelectrician
    • By baldelectrician 29th Nov 17, 12:23 AM
    • 2,130 Posts
    • 1,323 Thanks
    baldelectrician
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:23 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:23 AM
    A SAR will give you ALL the data they have on you

If they have given you a POPLA code it will be on the SAR, if they haven't it will not be there

Remember to ask for copies of all calls and any photographic evidence they have

You need to ask for ALL data they have for you including notes, photographs and calls as well as copies of all communication to and from them about your case
    baldly going on...
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 29th Nov 17, 12:50 AM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 3,069 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:50 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 12:50 AM
    The recipient has forty days to respond to a Subject Access Request.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 29th Nov 17, 9:01 AM
    • 3,573 Posts
    • 3,616 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:01 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:01 AM
    As per Redx ... save SAR for another day if necessary. Concentrate on a complaint to the BPA - this is the most likely way for you to get a new, working POPLA code which should allow you to win and kill this all off.

And I echo the advice to IGNORE debt collectors (DRP, Zenith, etc.) - they are powerless and can do nothing but send letters. (They don't want it to go to court, as they CAN'T take it to court. If it goes to court then a debt collector gets nothing).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 29th Nov 17, 11:14 AM
    • 1,144 Posts
    • 1,172 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Ignore SAR for now. Just complain to the BPA - that the operator failed to serve a rejection on you, and the code has expired.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,470Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter