Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dottys28
    • By Dottys28 28th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Dottys28
    Can I challenge a parking charge notice 21 months later?
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:54 PM
    Can I challenge a parking charge notice 21 months later? 28th Nov 17 at 8:54 PM
    Hi there

Sorry if I’m asking an obvious question or have missed something. I received a ‘letter of claim’ in the post today from a legal recovery company BW Legal re a parking charge notice I had on my windscreen in Feb 2016! I have never had any follow up in writing until today, 21 months later.

Do I have the basis of any argument to challenge this? They have requested £154.

It is on behalf of VCS limited.

Any help would be much appreaciated!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Nov 17, 8:57 PM
    • 16,923 Posts
    • 21,047 Thanks
    Redx
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:57 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:57 PM
    please stick to one thread only

I have replied in your other thread
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Nov 17, 8:59 PM
    • 15,932 Posts
    • 24,717 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:59 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:59 PM
    There’s also the same post in the POPLA Decisions sticky - why there?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Dottys28
    • By Dottys28 29th Nov 17, 6:40 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dottys28
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:40 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:40 AM
    Apologies I am new to the world of forums. It took me quite a while to figure out how to post at all! Thanks for the replies
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,540Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter