Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PFLNumber1
    • By PFLNumber1 28th Nov 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    PFLNumber1
    CCJ issued for Private Parking Charge
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:23 PM
    CCJ issued for Private Parking Charge 28th Nov 17 at 8:23 PM
    Hello. I've just discovered on my credit account a CCJ which has been issued to me without the option of ever having been given a court date for a private parking charge "invoice" from 16 months ago. I've only just discovered that I should not have just ignored this private PCN. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to accept my credit rating is down the pan for 6 years?
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Nov 17, 8:50 PM
    • 16,923 Posts
    • 21,048 Thanks
    Redx
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:50 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:50 PM
    search for £255 set aside , read the posts on here and google about it, you are not the first

it will cost you £255 and fill in a form to try for a set aside

you can also ask for the £255 back

then you defend the original claim

and have a read of this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5710008
    Last edited by Redx; 28-11-2017 at 9:38 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 29th Nov 17, 6:56 AM
    • 1,818 Posts
    • 3,210 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:56 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:56 AM
    or do I just have to accept my credit rating is down the pan for 6 years?
    Some of us don't mind that but object to having to pay £255. If you need credit then it is less costly to get a set aside.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,121Posts Today

6,413Users online

Martin's Twitter