Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gemlou2018
    • By gemlou2018 28th Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    gemlou2018
    TUI delaying compensation
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:37 PM
    TUI delaying compensation 28th Nov 17 at 6:37 PM
    Wonder if anyone can help?

Recent my family and I had a delayed flight to Dominican Republic so I made a claim within days of returning home, exactly a month after the claim was made through Resolver I had an email to say “ thanks for your claim yes it was our fault your compensation is £££ and the cheque will be with you within 28 days”.

Great, a response with a resolution which I was happy about, however it has now exceeded 28days from this email stating I should expect the cheque and I haven’t received a single penny!

I have made several attempts to contact TUI but I keep getting fobbed off as they tell me it’s a legal case and even though it has exceeded 60days they do not put a time on these cases!

What can I do next? I was told I am entitled to compensation so surely it doesn’t take that long to write a cheque and sent it :mad
Page 1
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 28th Nov 17, 7:18 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 28th Nov 17, 7:18 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 7:18 PM
    You can send them a LBA as a precursor to initiating legal action via MCOL. That should get their attention. See Vaubans guide for details and a template Letter Before Action.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 29th Nov 17, 3:37 PM
    • 767 Posts
    • 360 Thanks
    legal magpie
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:37 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:37 PM
    Tui ( formerly Thomson) have insufficient staff to deal with the substantial number of claims so they concentrate on those who shout the loudest especially those who issue court proceedings. They will delay for as long as you let them so, yes, get a strongly worded LBA out and if they fail to comply, sue them. In your letter you must point out that they have already admitted your claim and if they don’t pay up you will claim interest
    • JPears
    • By JPears 29th Nov 17, 4:13 PM
    • 3,335 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:13 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 4:13 PM
    It may be a good idea to fill in all the MCOL paperwork in advance, less your signature and date, take copies and include them with your LBA. They will then know you are serious and ready for action, rather than an empty threat and the procrastination/letter tennis phase is well and truly over.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,562Posts Today

7,638Users online

Martin's Twitter