Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamesbrownontheroad
    • By jamesbrownontheroad 28th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    • 570Posts
    • 341Thanks
    jamesbrownontheroad
    Problems with Greater Anglia delay repay outsourced to "Travel Compensation Services"
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:06 PM
    Problems with Greater Anglia delay repay outsourced to "Travel Compensation Services" 28th Nov 17 at 6:06 PM
    Hello all.

A couple of weeks ago I was delayed by more than two hours when a train from London to Norwich was cancelled due to a suspected defective track.

Since the last 'delay repay' claim I made with Abellio Greater Anglia, the company appears to have shut down their own claims department and outsourced them to Travel Compensation Services.

The claim process was all online, and involved uploading a photograph of the tickets as opposed to sending off the paper tickets themselves.

However something with the claim has gone wrong. It was authorised for a 100% refund, and TCS claim the payment has been made to directly to my debit card (note - not a bank transfer... I didn't enter my account number and sort code, but used the iOS camera to read my debit card's 16 digit number and enter it in a web form.)

The process has now stalled completely. TCS have emailed saying it's been paid, there's nothing they can do, and have given me an "ARN" number to pursue the claim with my bank. HSBC / First Direct can find no record of a payment, and have told me that the ARN is useless without a specific transaction to relate it to.

TCS have shut the claim, and have provided no direct contact details, emailing me from a 'no reply' email address at a duff web domain.

Has anyone else had positive or negative experiences with this new outsourced service?
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 28th Nov 17, 6:29 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 3,066 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:29 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:29 PM
    Was the sixteen digit number on the form the same as that on the card?

Or did your telephone make a mistake?
    • jamesbrownontheroad
    • By jamesbrownontheroad 28th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    • 570 Posts
    • 341 Thanks
    jamesbrownontheroad
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    Was the sixteen digit number on the form the same as that on the card?

Or did your telephone make a mistake?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    There's no way of checking, because the claim form doesn't show this info. I've asked them to confirm it, but I'm expecting them to refuse to release that info for security reasons...
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 28th Nov 17, 6:53 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 3,066 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:53 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:53 PM
    But surely if you now send them the real sixteen digit number and ask them to confirm whether it is the same as the one you sent earlier, they should have no trouble giving a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

If they say 'no' then I guess you may have to write off the money as you gave them wrong information.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 28th Nov 17, 11:14 PM
    • 4,730 Posts
    • 3,066 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:14 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 11:14 PM
    Perhaps another route would be to seek a chargeback via your bank.

Reason = promised refund never received.

You will probably need to show your bank proof that they did promise a refund, but you appear to have that proof.

Have a read of MSE's Chargeback article for details.

Did you buy the tickets using that debit card?
    If not, that may be a stumbling block.
    • jamesbrownontheroad
    • By jamesbrownontheroad 29th Nov 17, 7:07 AM
    • 570 Posts
    • 341 Thanks
    jamesbrownontheroad
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:07 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:07 AM
    But surely if you now send them the real sixteen digit number and ask them to confirm whether it is the same as the one you sent earlier, they should have no trouble giving a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

If they say 'no' then I guess you may have to write off the money as you gave them wrong information.
    The difficulty here is that there is no contact info. TCS use a no replh email address to send messages, and the delay repay claim is now closed to any appeals via the website. I've had to scrape an email from their website and cc in Greater Anglia customer service.
    • jamesbrownontheroad
    • By jamesbrownontheroad 29th Nov 17, 7:09 AM
    • 570 Posts
    • 341 Thanks
    jamesbrownontheroad
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:09 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:09 AM
    Did you buy the tickets using that debit card?
    If not, that may be a stumbling block.
    Thanks for the suggestion. This is where it might get complicated, as I bought the tickets with a credit card from another retailer as part of a large (16 trip) block booking of many weeks' travel. ;(
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

2,461Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin