Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • begbeer
    • By begbeer 28th Nov 17, 4:25 PM
    • 193Posts
    • 62Thanks
    begbeer
    Nokia 215
    • 28th Nov 17, 4:25 PM
    Nokia 215 28th Nov 17 at 4:25 PM
    Purchased a Nokia 215 phone from get connected in Crediton Devon
    on 21st February 2017 so still under warranty took it into them this morning and they admit that it is faulty, they tried to get though to Nokia (or so they said) I went shopping and left them to it, when I came back they said they could not get though and that I must contact Nokia myself and they will collect the phone, surely as I purchased it from them they are responsible for repairs/replacement. Have e-mailed Nokia but have not yet had a reply what is my next step as paying for a contract with no phone to use
Page 1
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 30th Nov 17, 12:14 PM
    • 7,718 Posts
    • 5,577 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:14 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:14 PM
    When did you buy the phone?
    • begbeer
    • By begbeer 30th Nov 17, 3:57 PM
    • 193 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    begbeer
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:57 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 3:57 PM
    February 2017
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 30th Nov 17, 9:35 PM
    • 10,253 Posts
    • 9,388 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:35 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:35 PM
    February 2017
    Originally posted by begbeer
    Over 6 months old. Read here for more info. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

The first six months

If you discover the fault within the first six months after buying the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time of purchase - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.

During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there when you bought it - it's not up to you to prove that it was.

If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund or price reduction - if you wish to keep the product.

Six months or more

If a fault develops after the first six months, the burden is on you to prove that the product was faulty at the time of delivery.

In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems across the product range.

Personally, if I had to choose who to repair or investigate, I would choose Nokia unless you can prove it was a manufacturing fault.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

3,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin