Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UKParliament
      Verified User verified user
    • By UKParliament Verified User verified user 28th Nov 17, 1:08 PM
    • 695Posts
    • 553Thanks
    UKParliament
    MPs to debate women affected by state pension age increases
    • 28th Nov 17, 1:08 PM
    MPs to debate women affected by state pension age increases 28th Nov 17 at 1:08 PM
    On Wednesday 29 November, MPs will debate the subject of women affected by state pension age increases.

The motion to be debated is:

That this House calls on the Government to improve transitional arrangements for women born on or after 6 April 1951 who have been adversely affected by the acceleration of the increase to the state pension age.

You can watch the debate live or catch-up later on Parliament TV.
    Official Organisation Representative
    Iím the official organisation rep for the House of Commons. I do not work for or represent the government. I am politically impartial and cannot comment on government policy. Find out more in DOT's Mission Statement.

MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE
Page 4
    • jem16
    • By jem16 6th Dec 17, 3:55 PM
    • 18,584 Posts
    • 11,403 Thanks
    jem16
    No. It was the 2007 Act I remembered that the 2010 act did not change my pension age but forgot when it was initially changed.
    Originally posted by Terron
    Not quite.

The 2007 Act would have increased your spa to a maximum of 65 yrs 9mths. Then the 2011 Act increased it to 66 as it speeded things up a bit.

The 2007 Act seems to have been forgotten about, especially by Labour even though it was their Act, and did affect men and women born 6th April 59 onwards.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 6th Dec 17, 5:14 PM
    • 17,464 Posts
    • 11,683 Thanks
    molerat
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2007/22/schedule/3
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • Terron
    • By Terron 6th Dec 17, 5:38 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    Terron
    Looks like whereever it was I checked my previous pension age before 2010 was wrong. Still it is 66 now, and allowing a woman born on the same date to retire at 60 would be unjust,
    • jem16
    • By jem16 7th Dec 17, 9:03 AM
    • 18,584 Posts
    • 11,403 Thanks
    jem16
    Looks like whereever it was I checked my previous pension age before 2010 was wrong. Still it is 66 now, and allowing a woman born on the same date to retire at 60 would be unjust,
    Originally posted by Terron
    Very unjust and hopefully should never see the light of day. If it does by any miracle happen, then I hope all you men will complain. Perhaps you should all be complaining now to the likes of Carolyn Harris, Chair of the WASPI APPG.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,772Posts Today

7,373Users online

Martin's Twitter