Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toniq
    • By toniq 28th Nov 17, 6:27 AM
    • 28,274Posts
    • 611,206Thanks
    toniq
    A: 24/12 World Tempus Advent Calendar (starts 1st dec)
    • 28th Nov 17, 6:27 AM
    A: 24/12 World Tempus Advent Calendar (starts 1st dec) 28th Nov 17 at 6:27 AM
    World Tempus

Will add to advents

x
    Last edited by toniq; 28-11-2017 at 6:25 PM.
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

Page 1
    • hamsterfan1
    • By hamsterfan1 28th Nov 17, 9:14 AM
    • 7,801 Posts
    • 72,198 Thanks
    hamsterfan1
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:14 AM
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:14 AM
    starts 1sr December
    prood gran to 4 lovely boys
    • okane ga nai
    • By okane ga nai 29th Nov 17, 5:35 PM
    • 4,185 Posts
    • 401,716 Thanks
    okane ga nai
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:35 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 5:35 PM
    Don’t worry if you miss a day: each of the competitions will remain open until midnight (Swiss time) on 24th December. All the winners will be drawn at the end of the competition and will be notified by e-mail.

The WorldTempus Advent Calendar includes gifts to suit all tastes. A few examples: travel bags and leather wallets from Raymond Weil and Ulysse Nardin, a leather pouch from Zenith, a jewellery box from Wolf, a Caran d'Ache pen, Swiss Kubik watch winder, Michel Vaillant comic book offered by Rebellion, "Th! bleu" set from Bulgari, HYT yachting jacket, sports kits from Eberhard & Co. including a wheeled suitcase, a t-shirt, polo shirt and sweatshirt and the “Authorised Biography of Patek Philippe”. And those are just some of the gifts – the are many other surprises.
    • thisone
    • By thisone 1st Dec 17, 1:40 AM
    • 900 Posts
    • 25,922 Thanks
    thisone
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:40 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 1:40 AM
    01/12

Win a Carl F. Bucherer weekend bag in brown leather

What does the champagne colour of the dial on the Manero Flyback refer to?

- Champagne bubbles for celebration
    - Gold, which is the favourite colour of Carl F. Bucherer
    - The neo-retro style that is currently in vogue

From here: http://en.worldtempus.com/article/industry-news/brands/carl-f-bucherer-manero-flyback-24957.html

The Manero Flyback with a champagne dial is an elegant ambassador for Lucerne, a city that is home to stunning baroque buildings. A shimmering golden champagne tone is used as the base color of the galvanized dial, while a more intense gold tone is used for the chapter ring and the two subdials. The hands and ten appliqu!d indices feature the same rose gold tone as the case – as on the model with the black dial.

So the answer seems to relate to Lucerne which isn't an option.
    Last edited by thisone; 01-12-2017 at 2:52 AM.
    • EmilyK1983
    • By EmilyK1983 1st Dec 17, 7:31 AM
    • 417 Posts
    • 22,622 Thanks
    EmilyK1983
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:31 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:31 AM
    I'd go with the third answer, based on this:

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-industry-news/watches/a-toast-to-lucerne-carl-f-bucherer-manero-flyback-with-champagne-dial/
    December 2017 wins:

In The Night Garden fridge magnets, nail wraps, hand wash, hamper x2, travel steriliser, salted caramel spread, board game, baby sleeping bag, wooden toy, t-shirt, tea
    • stewaris
    • By stewaris 1st Dec 17, 7:43 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 9,415 Thanks
    stewaris
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:43 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 7:43 AM
    I agree with Emily K based on this:

http://www.carl-f-bucherer.com/en/news/%E2%80%9Cdistinctly-golden%E2%80%9D-baselworld-2016

"The new brand look is reminiscent of the precious heritage of Carl F. Bucherer and lends its golden radiance to the unique strengths of the brand. The gold is derived from the Baroque-influenced architecture that gives the home city of Lucerne its special character. A minimalist look that pays tribute to the strong roots of the Swiss watchmaker – in both a discreet and prominent manner."
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 1st Dec 17, 4:11 PM
    • 8,757 Posts
    • 54,331 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:11 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:11 PM
    I'm confused, what's the answer.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • thisone
    • By thisone 1st Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 25,922 Thanks
    thisone
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:29 PM
    I'm confused, what's the answer.
    Originally posted by Ms Chocaholic
    Pretty sure there's a missing answer and someone needs to contact them, but I've been a bit busy.

There's plenty of time to enter it runs the whole length of the advent.
    • cinders59
    • By cinders59 1st Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    • 5,486 Posts
    • 56,405 Thanks
    cinders59
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    • 1st Dec 17, 4:51 PM
    I cannot find the form?
    Thanks to all who post comps
    ITV winners membersclub#2
    • gbamber
    • By gbamber 1st Dec 17, 5:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    gbamber
    Gold is definitely the answer, by process of elimination.
    There is no reference anywhere to the term neo-retro style, nor champagne bubbles.

"Its gold and champagne-colored surface coordinates flawlessly with the warm rose gold of the case and is in complete harmony with the Manufacture's new golden brand identity that was launched last year."
    • rhialwencomp
    • By rhialwencomp 1st Dec 17, 5:09 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 10,183 Thanks
    rhialwencomp
    I cannot find the form?
    Originally posted by cinders59
    Yeah, that got me for a sec too. The date is clickable under the prize details, and that'll take you to the entry form.
    • thisone
    • By thisone 1st Dec 17, 5:11 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 25,922 Thanks
    thisone
    Message has been sent to World Tempus!
    • 2013yearofthehouse
    • By 2013yearofthehouse 1st Dec 17, 5:22 PM
    • 2,128 Posts
    • 38,233 Thanks
    2013yearofthehouse
    Pretty sure there's a missing answer and someone needs to contact them, but I've been a bit busy.

There's plenty of time to enter it runs the whole length of the advent.
    Originally posted by thisone
    Gold is definitely the answer, by process of elimination.
    There is no reference anywhere to the term neo-retro style, nor champagne bubbles.

"Its gold and champagne-colored surface coordinates flawlessly with the warm rose gold of the case and is in complete harmony with the Manufacture's new golden brand identity that was launched last year."
    Originally posted by gbamber
    I googled "champagne Manero Flyback neo-retro" and got this:
    http://en.watches-news.com/carl-f-bucherer/carl-f-bucherer-manero-flyback/

where it says:
    The Lucerne firm’s star-chronograph is clothed in rose gold and champagne to celebrate the festive season and to mark 2017 in a neo-retro spirit

and

Arranged in a “champagne” dial (a bronze yellow typical of the middle of the 20th century which is becoming increasingly fashionable)....
    • gbamber
    • By gbamber 1st Dec 17, 6:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    gbamber
    Sigh.... well I'm not from France,. so I have no chance of winning anyways!
    • timmmers
    • By timmmers 1st Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 3,456 Posts
    • 19,974 Thanks
    timmmers
    Sigh.... well I'm not from France,. so I have no chance of winning anyways!
    Originally posted by gbamber
    What's that got to do with it? It's Swiss and international comp.
    If you're not winning. You're not trying hard enough.

Facebook : Tim Bain Twitter: @TimothyBain feel free to add etc,

• thingamaBob
    • By thingamaBob 1st Dec 17, 10:58 PM
    • 12,962 Posts
    • 826,760 Thanks
    thingamaBob
    From HERE
    The Manero Flyback with a champagne dial is an elegant tribute to the brand's favourite colour, gold.
    So the middle one is the answer!
    Bob

An inch of time is an inch of gold, but you cannot buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.
    • thingamaBob
    • By thingamaBob 1st Dec 17, 11:05 PM
    • 12,962 Posts
    • 826,760 Thanks
    thingamaBob
    DAY 2: Win a Michel Vaillant comic book and a key-ring from Rebellion

In which field other than watchmaking is Rebellion involved, with great success?

Automobile (See HERE)
    Golf
    Horse riding
    Bob

An inch of time is an inch of gold, but you cannot buy that inch of time with an inch of gold.
    • bella165
    • By bella165 3rd Dec 17, 12:30 AM
    • 12,762 Posts
    • 351,127 Thanks
    bella165
    http://en.worldtempus.com/contest/win-a-bulgari-the-bleu-gift-set-with-perfume-shower-gel-and-body-lotion-423.html

What is the shape of the two Bulgari watches that won prizes at this year's GPHG 2017
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
    • thisone
    • By thisone 3rd Dec 17, 1:26 AM
    • 900 Posts
    • 25,922 Thanks
    thisone
    Day 3
    http://en.worldtempus.com/contest/win-a-bulgari-the-bleu-gift-set-with-perfume-shower-gel-and-body-lotion-423.html
    What is the shape of the two Bulgari watches that won prizes at this year's GPHG 2017
    Originally posted by bella165
    Thank you.

- Barrel
    - Octagonal
    - Cushion

Two Bulgari Octo Finissimo watches awarded at the GPHG 2017
    Last edited by thisone; 03-12-2017 at 1:31 AM.
    • gbamber
    • By gbamber 3rd Dec 17, 4:29 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 267 Thanks
    gbamber

- Octagonal
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

347Posts Today

2,609Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin