Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Manorgirl
    • By Manorgirl 28th Nov 17, 12:49 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Manorgirl
    Dismissed for swearing to myself
    • 28th Nov 17, 12:49 AM
    Dismissed for swearing to myself 28th Nov 17 at 12:49 AM
    I just wanted some advice. I did work in a call centre taking sales over the phone which are monitored by more senior staff. I had a particularly frustrating customer and after the call ended I said phucks sake to myself in frustration which no one surrounding me heard. It was said to myself to vent, customer didnít hear it. Iíve worked here for only 2 months and today was instantly dismissed for this as a manager listened in the call even though the swearing was said to myself and directed at no one else . Iíve worked in many different places before this and it would never even be an issue. Iím pretty stunned and find it ridiculous. Was also insulted as was told it was unprofessional. Iím not bothered about working at the company anymore because I think it was stupid I got dismissed for such a minor thing but could this be construed as unfair dismissal? Iíve never experienced anything like this in any other job, Iím stunned.
Page 3
    • Samsung_Note2
    • By Samsung_Note2 28th Nov 17, 10:24 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    Samsung_Note2
    No swearing when the telephone is involved.
    Originally posted by dc64

Mum used to have a job talking to men on the telephone...im sure she used to get paid more she swore,called them all sorts of funny names.

Never did ask her what the job was.
    If my appalling spelling offends you that much...dont read my posts.
    • dc64
    • By dc64 28th Nov 17, 10:35 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    dc64
    Swearing's good then if not essential
    ADEFHIJKNOPQRUVWXYZ
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 28th Nov 17, 10:49 PM
    • 1,316 Posts
    • 1,227 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    u phucked up
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,394Posts Today

7,913Users online

Martin's Twitter