Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lucaswalker
    • By lucaswalker 27th Nov 17, 11:51 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lucaswalker
    p4parking and nowhere to park
    • 27th Nov 17, 11:51 PM
    p4parking and nowhere to park 27th Nov 17 at 11:51 PM
    Got a parking notice for Ģ100 from P4parking when visiting my sister. She lives in a residential block of flats with private parking situated in an area where no offstreet parking is available as there are only a couple of private roads with private bays. There is no visitors parking, no public parking miles away and the building is situated in the middle of a retail park with a Sainsburyīs and John Lewis next to it. You clearly canīt park in the retail premises parking so as we arrived late and with a baby accessed the buildingīs garage and parked in an empty bay and left a note in case the owner arrived could contact us to move the car. We left the day after and no one contacted us so no one was disturbed nor made a loss. I know there are signs to display a permit but in an area with no public/visitors parking available in miles around, what can you do?do I stand a chance if I appeal?thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Nov 17, 11:56 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 27th Nov 17, 11:56 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 11:56 PM
    you willl fail if you appeal with the above story

an appeal is based on legal arguments , like forbidding signage , no contract etc (which seems to be the case here - so it seems the driver was trespassing)

if you are going to appeal, appeal as keeper by following the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • lucaswalker
    • By lucaswalker 28th Nov 17, 8:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lucaswalker
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:45 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:45 PM
    ok. will do. what happens if you loose?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Nov 17, 8:48 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:48 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:48 PM
    the PPC has 6 years to issue a court claim

if you lose , you pay up , within a month , promptly

if you win , you claim back costs

so basically , you let a judge decide
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • lucaswalker
    • By lucaswalker 28th Nov 17, 8:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lucaswalker
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:57 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:57 PM
    if you loose the appeal you pay the same amount or will it increase?

thanks!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:58 PM
    doesnt matter what the notional alleged debt figure is, because a judge decides the actual figure if it gets to court (until then its just numbers on paper)
    Newbies !!
    • lucaswalker
    • By lucaswalker 28th Nov 17, 10:01 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lucaswalker
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:01 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:01 PM
    This is my last question, sorry, when I try to appeal on their website and put my ref and reg it tells me that it canīt find the ticket. Itīs day 28 today. Shall I phone them tomorrow?I donīt think ignoring it is an option?thanks again
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Nov 17, 10:08 PM
    • 16,895 Posts
    • 20,996 Thanks
    Redx
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:08 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:08 PM
    NEVER phone a parking company , I repeat , NEVER

check the paperwork for an alternative appeal option and use it , by post if necessary , with free certificate of posting from the PO Counterstaff (not "signed for")
    Newbies !!
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 29th Nov 17, 7:00 AM
    • 1,812 Posts
    • 3,202 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:00 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:00 AM
    So whoever built the block went out of their way not to have visitor parking or to insist that those that wanted visitors had to lease a space?

Seems your sister should have chosen somewhere else or perhaps she doesn't want visitors
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 29th Nov 17, 9:25 AM
    • 10,250 Posts
    • 9,381 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    So whoever built the block went out of their way not to have visitor parking or to insist that those that wanted visitors had to lease a space?

Seems your sister should have chosen somewhere else or perhaps she doesn't want visitors
    Originally posted by IamEmanresu
    Probably designed by Sadiq Khan!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

520Posts Today

3,894Users online

Martin's Twitter