Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dc64
    • By dc64 27th Nov 17, 9:55 PM
    • 277Posts
    • 430Thanks
    dc64
    esa to jsa
    • 27th Nov 17, 9:55 PM
    esa to jsa 27th Nov 17 at 9:55 PM
    HI, had another fit for work assessment, got 9 points so have to sign on or no money. My first assessment years ago I had no points, appealed then won and went back on esa. Basically I have applied for a mandatory reconsideration - how long is the average waiting time for that? I thought about going to my GP for a "sick note" Feel like a fraud signing on but keep thinking I'll have a letter soon saying I can go onto the esa appeal rate while my appeal goes to tribunal. Thoughts please.
    ADEFHIJKNOPQRUVWXYZ
Page 1
    • epitome
    • By epitome 28th Nov 17, 12:19 AM
    • 3,025 Posts
    • 1,837 Thanks
    epitome
    • 28th Nov 17, 12:19 AM
    • 28th Nov 17, 12:19 AM
    1st you have to be sure they have received your MR.

How did you communicate it to them?

Once you are sure they have it...on average 2 weeks from when it gets to the recon dept, which is usually about 48 hours after they have noted it is received.
    • dc64
    • By dc64 28th Nov 17, 9:06 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    dc64
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:06 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:06 PM
    I sent it to be signed for and got confirmation signature.
    ADEFHIJKNOPQRUVWXYZ
    • dc64
    • By dc64 28th Nov 17, 9:13 PM
    • 277 Posts
    • 430 Thanks
    dc64
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:13 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:13 PM
    Hi epitome. I've sent you a pm but your folder is full! lol
    ADEFHIJKNOPQRUVWXYZ
    • epitome
    • By epitome 29th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    • 3,025 Posts
    • 1,837 Thanks
    epitome
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    Ok so you posted it.

(yes my inbox is full)

Any post received by DWP at Wolverhampton is scanned onto the computer records, To get scanned takes up to 2 weeks from the date you posted it. From there, it takes anything from 1 week to 6 months to be actioned by ESA.

Therefore you cannot be sure that your MR
    A) Has been scanned
    B) Has been actioned

Phone ESA and ask if your MR has gone to the decision makers -there would have to be a note saying
    "MR received MR1 completed and sent to ............ "

If there is no such note on your records, ask them to look for the scanned document

If the scanned document is found ask
    what date was it received?

Then ask for (insist if you have to) a call back from ESA maintenance that the MR letter will now be sent to the decision makers. You cannot rely on what the person you phone up will say "yes it will be actioned within 2 weeks,...bla bla bla" You cannot rely on this, you must ask for a call back to confirm from the horses mouth that it has now been sent to the decision makers.

**If there is no scanned MR letter and it has been more than 2 weeks**
    You have two options...either:
    A) Fight DWP to find your signed for documents under the Data Protection Act, initially it would involve insisting on a call back (as above) and then taking the name of the person you are called back by and what office they work in, and ask them what they will do to find your documents..if they say send it again, ask them to open a "lost mail incident" and you expect them to look for and find your documents.

B) Send them again only this time via a jobcentre appointment to have them scanned by the jobcentre, and a call back to confirm action.
    Last edited by epitome; 29-11-2017 at 8:37 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,147Posts Today

6,015Users online

Martin's Twitter