Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Diego6667
    • By Diego6667 27th Nov 17, 9:09 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Diego6667
    Parking ticket - advices please
    • 27th Nov 17, 9:09 PM
    Parking ticket - advices please 27th Nov 17 at 9:09 PM
    Hello all,

First of all - I am newbie here so forgive me if I ask silly or obvious question here.

I have read Newbies Stick thread and MSE forum.

Frankly, I am lost with that thread as it's overloading and disorganised information or too much info to make sense. I don't understand some parts in that thread which got me confused. I don't understand the reference to the part about compliance of Notice to Keeper and the law on it. I check Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 and I don't understand it a bit or how relevant it is to PCN.

I am that tempted to pay PCN ticket of £60 now to avoid being charged £100 in few days time (I got PCN windscreen 10 days ago).

I would like to ask some questions for clarification. Thank you for helping me out.

1.) I understand that it is better to wait until 26th Day of receiving windscreen PCN and on that day, appeal against PCN via online appeal process, citing lack of NTK in post.

But what if I receive NTK in post before I reach 26th Day? would it make any different or not?

2.) My concern is that if I get a NTK after 14th day, would I have lower chance of success in my appeal in post-26th day? If yes, wouldn't it be better (and safe) to pay now (£60) rather than later (£100)? I am unemployed after all.

3.) In that newbie thread, in that blue template letter. It says that I should put my name and address there (as I am registered keeper and sole driver of my car). So I don't understand why we need to issue a formal notice (to sue) to parking firms to obtain registered keeper's data without reasonable cause when we supply our (keeper) name and address to them? Isn't it like we volunteer our info to Parking firm? What is the point to issue formal notice to them for obtaining data without cause? See what I meant? That thread is messy or disorganised.

4.) Finally - my car is blue but the detail on my PCN windscreen about my car's colour. PCN said that my car is black even though it's so clear that my car is blue. Do I have a right or ground to reject PCN because of wrong detail (car color) mentioned in my PCN?

Thank you very much for your huge huge advice and helps. I am sorry for my confusion and being lost in that thread.

Thanks again,
    Diego

Update: I got PCN windscreen on 17th Nov.

Name of parking company: UKPC (UK Parking control Ltd). It's BPA member.
    Last edited by Diego6667; 27-11-2017 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Additional info.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Nov 17, 9:59 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,066 Thanks
    Redx
    • 27th Nov 17, 9:59 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 9:59 PM
    1.) I understand that it is better to wait until 26th Day of receiving windscreen PCN and on that day, appeal against PCN via online appeal process, citing lack of NTK in post.

But what if I receive NTK in post before I reach 26th Day? would it make any different or not?

2.) My concern is that if I get a NTK after 14th day, would I have lower chance of success in my appeal in post-26th day? If yes, wouldn't it be better (and safe) to pay now (£60) rather than later (£100)? I am unemployed after all.

3.) In that newbie thread, in that blue template letter. It says that I should put my name and address there (as I am registered keeper and sole driver of my car). So I don't understand why we need to issue a formal notice (to sue) to parking firms to obtain registered keeper's data without reasonable cause when we supply our (keeper) name and address to them? Isn't it like we volunteer our info to Parking firm? What is the point to issue formal notice to them for obtaining data without cause? See what I meant? That thread is messy or disorganised.

4.) Finally - my car is blue but the detail on my PCN windscreen about my car's colour. PCN said that my car is black even though it's so clear that my car is blue. Do I have a right or ground to reject PCN because of wrong detail (car color) mentioned in my PCN?
    Originally posted by Diego6667
    1) impossible

the PPC cannot , I repeat , CANNOT get the keepers details until day 29 or later , so to comply with POFA2012 they MUST get the keepers details between day 29 and day 56

they have broken the DVLA rules if they obtain those details in the first 28 days, and could be reported for a KADOE breach (rule breaking)

so not going to happen !!

2) an NTK to a keeper gets 28 days for an appeal with a BPA operator, or probably 21 days for an IPC operator

so the keeper has a timeframe to appeal a notice to keeper, nothing to do with being a driver or a windscreen ticket

3) by giving them the keepers details they may "forget" to obtain them from the dvla, if they fail to do so (to verify those details and issue a valid notice to keeper) , then they fail the law of the land , which is POFA2012 for england and wales

if they follow the correct processes (which many dont) , then its a moot point

mistakes happen on all sides, but they cannot make any mistakes if they want a successful outcome

see post 2814 in here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4488337&page=141 for an example of a winning appeal point

4) NO , car colour , make and model are irrelevant , the correct VRM is the actual point of contention

it is thought that they deliberately make mistakes to goad people into contacting them and then they get the drivers details and pofa2012 becomes irrelevant

its a trap, dont fall for it

lastly , which private parking company issued the ticket ?
    Last edited by Redx; 27-11-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Diego6667
    • By Diego6667 27th Nov 17, 11:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Diego6667
    • 27th Nov 17, 11:03 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 11:03 PM
    Thank you for detailed clarification as it's much appreciated. I understand a bit better.

Name of company that issued me PCN windscreen: UKPC (UK Parking Control Ltd).

It is BPA member.

I got this pcn on 17th Nov. If I wait 26th day before I appeal - that means I have to appeal on 13th Dec. Is that right? Or should I appeal on 14th Dec instead? Or does it not matter if I appeal on 13th or 14th Dec?

Thank you again.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Nov 17, 11:32 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,066 Thanks
    Redx
    • 27th Nov 17, 11:32 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 11:32 PM
    the appeal needs to be done as late as possible but within the 28 days following the incident , where the day after is day 1

the longer it is left , the less time they have to issue the NTK between day 29 and day 56

in the link I gave, you can see exactly why this is crucial as that person won at popla on that very point
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Diego6667
    • By Diego6667 30th Nov 17, 4:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Diego6667
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:23 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:23 PM
    Thank you for your kind advices and helps.

I read and I am still worried about the consequence of failed appeal (which results in bigger fine) and the fact that the appeal requires lots of photographic evidences. I didn't take photos of my parking vehicle at the time (when I received PCN on my windscreen).

I think I will pay up to save me from further huge expense (ie £60 tomorrow vs £100 or £120 or more in few weeks time).

I'll ensure that I'll take photos of parked vehicles and surrounding parking/area including any sign next time I receive a PCN from those parking companies.

Thank you for your helps.

PS I am also worried about those awful debt recoverer / Debt collectors for those fines if I failed in my appeal. Hence my reason to pay up to avoid from those potential hassles/bullies.
    Last edited by Diego6667; 30-11-2017 at 4:26 PM. Reason: Additional info.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    • 15,951 Posts
    • 24,742 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:41 PM
    PS I am also worried about those awful debt recoverer / Debt collectors for those fines if I failed in my appeal. Hence my reason to pay up to avoid from those potential hassles/bullies.
    Eh?

Tell us what concerns you about these ‘awful debt collectors’.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Diego6667
    • By Diego6667 30th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Diego6667
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:20 PM
    Eh?

Tell us what concerns you about these ‘awful debt collectors’.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    I can't find direct links to various posts I read in last few days (on and off). Something to do with keep bothering keeper driver with so many letters/chain letters.

Combined with chain letters and low chance of successful appeal (because of the fact I didn't take photographic evidences of parking and my parked vehicles at the time of receiving PCN windscreen on my parked vehicles for the appeal), it seems that paying up is more convenient and less stressful.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 30th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    • 748 Posts
    • 1,390 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 8:33 PM
    Shame. But if time and/or peace of mind is a more valuable commodity, I understand your point of view.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,155Posts Today

5,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin