Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 27th Nov 17, 4:51 PM
    • 3,483Posts
    • 9,897Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Pay for birthdays and Christmas 2018 with surveys
    • 27th Nov 17, 4:51 PM
    Pay for birthdays and Christmas 2018 with surveys 27th Nov 17 at 4:51 PM
    Hey,

So I know a lot of us do surveys to supplement our spending and this is something that I plan to keep up even when I a debt free.

I have decided that 2018 is the time to keep a better track of what I spend my survey earnings on and I have decided to use what I earn to pay for birthday and Christmas 2018.

Who wants to join me in this epic (I think it is) challenge?!?!?!

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

Starting Weight - 16st 7lbs
    Current Weight - 15st 9lbs
Page 2
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 28th Nov 17, 11:51 AM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Thank you
    I have 8 points with populous at the minute (had a cheque recently which went towards this year), am only using that and Swagbucks, although I know I do belong to some others. I'll have to look through my inbox
    Originally posted by GunShotResidue
    I have a cheque sitting on my desk, just trying to find time to get to the bank to cash it!

Will use that to buy the last of my niece and my friends son.

I did try swagbucks, didn't really get on with it at all so just gave up

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 28th Nov 17, 11:53 AM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    hi, can i join please, has everyone already started or does this start in Jan?
    Originally posted by dizzybee
    #6 - dizzybee

Welcome aboard!

You can really start whenever you want my dear.

I still have some gifts to get for Christmas then a couple in January too so just trying to get as much as I can in to finish those off.

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• try harder
    • By try harder 28th Nov 17, 11:54 AM
    • 528 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    try harder
    Please could i join in ,im not sure how much time i will have this year but will definitely start in January ,so far i only do surveys with populuslive but i have already been given my first £50 cheque and now working towards my next one .Thank you.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 28th Nov 17, 12:47 PM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Please could i join in ,im not sure how much time i will have this year but will definitely start in January ,so far i only do surveys with populuslive but i have already been given my first £50 cheque and now working towards my next one .Thank you.
    Originally posted by try harder
    #7 - try harder

Course you can, the more the merrier.

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 28th Nov 17, 1:02 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 3,018 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    Just thought I would do a quick update on where I am at the moment, these will all go towards 2018 as I am pretty much done for this year, 2 left but will use cash.

Swagbucks - 530 going to try and hit the 620 needed for a £5 amazon giftcard while they are cheaper.
    Prolific - £10.33 (£4 pending) this will be going in to the SPC so I won't count this towards this challenge but I've put it here so that I can monitor them all in one place.
    Yougov - 1775 points, need 5000 to cash out £50, started this in August so it really is taking forever to hit the cash out. I don't think I will continue once I have managed to cash out.
    Ipsos - 2335 points, trying to get it up to 3000 to cash out a £25 prepaid card which I will then use to top up my amazon account (prepaid cards are cheaper than amazon vouchers here).

I think this is all the sites I use.
    Loan:1780.49 2207.38 Car Loan:2039.22 2419.64 0% CC:984.98 1063.48 Overdraft: 860 Overpayment:1781 Total: 7445.69 DFD Dec 18
    SPC 586
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 28th Nov 17, 1:16 PM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Just thought I would do a quick update on where I am at the moment, these will all go towards 2018 as I am pretty much done for this year, 2 left but will use cash.

Swagbucks - 530 going to try and hit the 620 needed for a £5 amazon giftcard while they are cheaper.
    Prolific - £10.33 (£4 pending) this will be going in to the SPC so I won't count this towards this challenge but I've put it here so that I can monitor them all in one place.
    Yougov - 1775 points, need 5000 to cash out £50, started this in August so it really is taking forever to hit the cash out. I don't think I will continue once I have managed to cash out.
    Ipsos - 2335 points, trying to get it up to 3000 to cash out a £25 prepaid card which I will then use to top up my amazon account (prepaid cards are cheaper than amazon vouchers here).

Originally posted by DebtFreeDuo
    Oh that's a good idea to get the prepaid card then add that to Amazon, never thought of that!

Might need to nab that idea.

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 28th Nov 17, 1:22 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 3,018 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    The only problem with doing this is that when you add the card to your amazon account they automatically deduct £1, this is returned after around 10 days. What I do is I add the card to my account and then wait a week or so and then try and top up with the full balance of the card.

Its also great for when you have a purchase to make but you won't use the whole balance of the card as you can add the remainder to your account provided it is over £1. I know these pre paid cards can be a nightmare if you don't know exactly what you want to use them for.
    Loan:1780.49 2207.38 Car Loan:2039.22 2419.64 0% CC:984.98 1063.48 Overdraft: 860 Overpayment:1781 Total: 7445.69 DFD Dec 18
    SPC 586
    • Emzilla
    • By Emzilla 28th Nov 17, 2:14 PM
    • 3,281 Posts
    • 12,238 Thanks
    Emzilla
    Hi Dolly Rocker and everyone else

I'd love to join in please. I have tried to do this in the past, but have never been able to keep it up all year.

I'll start in January, as I've still got loads of Christmas presents to get and will never get enough vouchers etc to cover them.

Got a nice easy start to the year, with only a friend's birthday in January and then nothing until March (unless you count Valentine's Day of course).

Emz xx
    £10 a day in December - £11.76/£310
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 28th Nov 17, 3:00 PM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    The only problem with doing this is that when you add the card to your amazon account they automatically deduct £1, this is returned after around 10 days. What I do is I add the card to my account and then wait a week or so and then try and top up with the full balance of the card.

Its also great for when you have a purchase to make but you won't use the whole balance of the card as you can add the remainder to your account provided it is over £1. I know these pre paid cards can be a nightmare if you don't know exactly what you want to use them for.
    Yeah I've always been put off because I worry I would lose them too!

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 28th Nov 17, 3:00 PM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Hi Dolly Rocker and everyone else

I'd love to join in please. I have tried to do this in the past, but have never been able to keep it up all year.

I'll start in January, as I've still got loads of Christmas presents to get and will never get enough vouchers etc to cover them.

Got a nice easy start to the year, with only a friend's birthday in January and then nothing until March (unless you count Valentine's Day of course).

Emz xx
    Originally posted by Emzilla
    #8 - Emzilla

Welcome!

I'm the same I lose the will sometimes but thought if we had a good group of us we could boost each other to keep it up throughout the year.

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• dizzybee
    • By dizzybee 28th Nov 17, 4:12 PM
    • 1,279 Posts
    • 7,019 Thanks
    dizzybee
    Welcome everyone, i have managed to get my Christmas shopping done, food is ordered for the last week of Dec so only fruit and veg to pick up from local market, this will be paid from money i have made from selling stuff, got a cheque due from surveys and a payout from Global test market so once that arrives i will start this challange,
    good luck everyone

• Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 28th Nov 17, 4:56 PM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Welcome everyone, i have managed to get my Christmas shopping done, food is ordered for the last week of Dec so only fruit and veg to pick up from local market, this will be paid from money i have made from selling stuff, got a cheque due from surveys and a payout from Global test market so once that arrives i will start this challange,
    good luck everyone
    Originally posted by dizzybee
    Hey dizzybee,

You're very organised.

We go out for Christmas dinner then to my Mums on boxing day so we don't really buy a big shop in.

We do have a few over on New Years Day but will sort that all out 27th or 28th December

Got my refund from Amazon today and just waiting on another voucher to clear so I can buy my Sister toffee vodka for Christmas. We went to the Country Living Christmas Fayre and had a wee taste, was so yummy!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01410JKLO/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3GXKDUZFXUSGA&colid=1O0C8FN 4HYB1U

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 29th Nov 17, 8:41 AM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    * Valued Opinions - £11.00
    * Pinecone Research - ZERO
    * Onepoll - £13.25
    * IPSOS - 285 points
    * Prolific Academic - ZERO
    * Populuslive - £43.00
    * Opinion Outpost - 5 points

Banked
    Amazon vouchers - £1.55

Ordered the toffee vodka this morning. Managed to get another £5.00 Amazon voucher from IPSOS

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 29th Nov 17, 9:37 AM
    • 617 Posts
    • 3,018 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    Ooh I like your banked bit Dolly, think I will have to add that in to help keep track. Quick update on totals below.

Swagbucks - 552 A lot of failed surveys yesterday trying to get me up to 620 for a voucher.
    Prolific - £12.57 Up by £2.24 with only 74p pending. Need £20.
    Yougov - 1775 points Need 5000 to cash out £50.
    Ipsos - 2355 points Gained 20 thanks to 2 failed surveys. Need 3000 for £25.
    SPC 586
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 29th Nov 17, 9:52 AM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    Ooh I like your banked bit Dolly, think I will have to add that in to help keep track. Quick update on totals below.

Swagbucks - 552 A lot of failed surveys yesterday trying to get me up to 620 for a voucher.
    Prolific - £12.57 Up by £2.24 with only 74p pending. Need £20.
    Yougov - 1775 points Need 5000 to cash out £50.
    Ipsos - 2355 points Gained 20 thanks to 2 failed surveys. Need 3000 for £25.
    Yeah I thought of that this morning, will help me keep a track of what I have.

You're doing well!

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 29th Nov 17, 10:04 AM
    • 617 Posts
    • 3,018 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    I'm just lucky that I've been building them up for a few months. I earned so much through Swagbucks this year but have lost my focus with it, I get kicked off so many surveys that I just don't have the motivation for it. I might aim for the daily goal each day in December to give me a boost in January.
    SPC 586
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 29th Nov 17, 10:32 AM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    It's so annoying when the surveys do that.

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• GunShotResidue
    • By GunShotResidue 29th Nov 17, 2:06 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 188 Thanks
    GunShotResidue
    A lot of swagbucks surveys do seem to ask loads of questions before kicking you off. Populous is much better for that.

I signed on to Answerpoints and had enough for a voucher, but if it comes through on time it will go towards this year's Christmas presents, so I'm not counting it yet.

Populous: 8/50 (for £50)
    Answerpoints: 75/500 (for £5 Amazon voucher)
    Swagbucks and vouchers I'll track after Christmas I'm sure I was a member of Ipos and YouGov, so I'll try and find the login stuff for them later.
    • Dolly Rocker
    • By Dolly Rocker 29th Nov 17, 2:58 PM
    • 3,483 Posts
    • 9,897 Thanks
    Dolly Rocker
    I still have some stuff to buy in for this year too.

Will use up what I have then start from scratch January 2018 for next year.

Dxxx
    Starting Debt - £15,000
    Remaining Debt - £980

• jwil
    • By jwil 29th Nov 17, 4:17 PM
    • 7,805 Posts
    • 22,373 Thanks
    jwil
    J

Thank you for this tip, I've just made use of that, great idea!

I've just redeemed a virtual card and straight away topped up the full balance to my amazon account, it hasn't deducted anything, so maybe it's changed recently?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

614Posts Today

4,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Exactly. Politics already suffered from our adversarial system - pushing people to oppose not compromise. That ha? https://t.co/gETVyA6HWA

• RT @bbclaurak: Thanks Martin - we know we can?t please all the people all the time (stands by for grief) but try hard to show how it actual?

• Morning. I'm on my way to my last @GMB 7:40 deals of the week of 2017. This week including gift card warning, free? https://t.co/2dcNviXxsN

• Follow Martin