Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bikingbarney
    • By bikingbarney 27th Nov 17, 1:27 PM
    • 576Posts
    • 165Thanks
    bikingbarney
    Problems with Skoda and warranty claim?
    • 27th Nov 17, 1:27 PM
    Problems with Skoda and warranty claim? 27th Nov 17 at 1:27 PM
    I bought a brand new Skoda Octavia VRS in 2016. Collected the car on 29/03/16 so car is on a 16 plate.

Ive had the following issues and mentioned them at the first service in Feb this year. Skoda wouldn't even entertain a warranty claim at that point. Fast forward to last week and the car is in for its second service @ 20k miles. The problems listed below have got progressively worse over the course of this year:

Centre cap corrosion x 4

Wheel corrosion x 1

The main issue I have is that on 3 of the four seats there is stitching coming apart.

I had the car in with the dealer for a service and a look at the bits above and this was their response.....

Centre caps: yes there is corrosion but not enough to replace under warranty ??

wheel : yes there is corrosion but there is also signs of kerbing on the wheel : (Its not even in the same vicinity)

Seats : To be monitored? what does that mean??

Ive got Skoda uk involved as Im not happy to be honest and I was just wondering if any of you have had to get Skoda involved in warranty cases?

If so did it help at all?

One of the suggestions was to take it to a different dealer, problem is all of the dealers locally are part of the same franchise.

I dont feel its acceptable to have these issues on a car less than two years old. It screams of poor quality to me.

What can I do?
Page 2
    • bikingbarney
    • By bikingbarney 5th Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 576 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    bikingbarney
    Update......
    Ive just had a call from skoda UK and the news isnt good

The lady Ive been dealing with has spoken with the dealer yesterday and they have said the following:

Wheel corrosion : Caused by stone chips, no change on their stance with not covered under warranty.

Centre caps: Skoda UK have basically told them to change these.

Seat Stitching....... Well after telling me for the past two services they will monitor it they have changed their tone now and said its been caused by "External factors" The girl at Skoda UK wasn't happy about this as they had told me they will monitor it so have basically led me on.

I told her that "External Factors" was a throw away comment and why couldn't they substantiate it with proof. I said that if it was in a wear and tear area then I would agree but it isn't. Its the different parts of the seat coming apart due to failed stitching.

She said that my only option is to take it to another dealer fro them to look at, however if they say the same then the case will be closed.

I feel totally let down to be honest, car isn't even two years old and they interior looks awful. There is an obvious defect but no one wants to admit it.

I feel like sitting outside the dealer on Saturday with a sign or even contacting auto express etc.

Any ideas what I can do ??
    • m0bov
    • By m0bov 5th Dec 17, 2:03 PM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    m0bov
    Sounds like you need to get the work inspected by another dealer, somebody who can be an expert witness.

How did you pay for the car?

Is the wheel corrosion around chips? To progress further, you would stand a better chance of claiming against the supplying dealer.

Maybe try writing to auto magazines, twitter, Fb...
    • loskie
    • By loskie 5th Dec 17, 7:04 PM
    • 1,159 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    loskie
    you could always get an independent inspection
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin