Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • islandman
    • By islandman 27th Nov 17, 8:52 AM
    • 4,049Posts
    • 1,709Thanks
    islandman
    0 WOW
    Woking BR to Premier Inn info please.
    • 27th Nov 17, 8:52 AM
    0 WOW
    Woking BR to Premier Inn info please. 27th Nov 17 at 8:52 AM
    We would normally use rail/coach service to Heathrow from Weymouth, but this year, we are travelling at a different time of day which means an overnight stay at Premier Inn before flight.

From Woking Station, we need to get to the Heathrow Longford T5 hotel 420 Bath Rd.

I know there is a Bus service 423 from the premier to T5 (stand 6) every 15 mins, but don't know the route we will need to take from Woking Rail to Premier.

If there isn't one, maybe we should use the coachlink service to Heathrow then bus back to Premier?.

Hope this make sense and thanks in anticipation.
    Bowel screening saved my life, make sure it saves yours.
Page 1
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 27th Nov 17, 9:24 AM
    • 4,768 Posts
    • 3,889 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    • 27th Nov 17, 9:24 AM
    • 27th Nov 17, 9:24 AM
    There is a direct bus from Woking to Heathrow. National Express service 701

http://www.nationalexpress.com/routes/woking-to-heathrow.aspx
    • islandman
    • By islandman 27th Nov 17, 10:24 AM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 1,709 Thanks
    islandman
    • 27th Nov 17, 10:24 AM
    • 27th Nov 17, 10:24 AM
    There is a direct bus from Woking to Heathrow. National Express service 701

http://www.nationalexpress.com/routes/woking-to-heathrow.aspx
    Originally posted by Doshwaster
    Yes, thanks for the number of it. We would normally use it as part of the rail/coach to airport run. But this time we don't need to get to the airport till the following morning, hence our overnight stay at Premier. That is why I wondered if we could bus from BR to Premier.
    • martindow
    • By martindow 27th Nov 17, 10:45 AM
    • 7,352 Posts
    • 4,130 Thanks
    martindow
    • 27th Nov 17, 10:45 AM
    • 27th Nov 17, 10:45 AM
    I think your best bet is to get the railair bus and then use a local route 423 bus to the hotel. This is free as it is within the airport zone - don't pay for a Hoppa bus.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/premier_inn_terminal5_lhr.html
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 27th Nov 17, 1:51 PM
    • 4,768 Posts
    • 3,889 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    • 27th Nov 17, 1:51 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 1:51 PM
    Yes, thanks for the number of it. We would normally use it as part of the rail/coach to airport run. But this time we don't need to get to the airport till the following morning, hence our overnight stay at Premier. That is why I wondered if we could bus from BR to Premier.
    Originally posted by islandman
    Not directly. Google Maps suggestion of the route: https://goo.gl/maps/7wqaZiHFLks avoiding changing at airport itself. As above, the bus along the Bath Road will be free.
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 27th Nov 17, 2:06 PM
    • 3,227 Posts
    • 7,675 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 27th Nov 17, 2:06 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 2:06 PM
    I think your best bet is to get the railair bus and then use a local route 423 bus to the hotel. This is free as it is within the airport zone - don't pay for a Hoppa bus.

https://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/premier_inn_terminal5_lhr.html
    Originally posted by martindow

In fairness to the Hoppa they take you direct to the front door so depending on the mobility, the weather at the time of travelling & whether there are any children involved, the cost may be worth it.
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • harz99
    • By harz99 27th Nov 17, 2:10 PM
    • 2,565 Posts
    • 2,493 Thanks
    harz99
    • 27th Nov 17, 2:10 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 2:10 PM
    In fairness to the Hoppa they take you direct to the front door so depending on the mobility, the weather at the time of travelling & whether there are any children involved, the cost may be worth it.
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime

And heavy luggage which a lot of people forget which may mean the hoppa is better than a local bus, and cheaper than a cab.
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 27th Nov 17, 4:00 PM
    • 7,508 Posts
    • 10,681 Thanks
    jackieblack
    • 27th Nov 17, 4:00 PM
    • 27th Nov 17, 4:00 PM
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    423 drops off directly outside the PI and goes back to T5 from directly opposite.

And heavy luggage which a lot of people forget which may mean the hoppa is better than a local bus, and cheaper than a cab.
    Originally posted by harz99
    Plenty of room for luggage on 423 and you can pretty much roll it onboard from the kerb.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
    • islandman
    • By islandman 28th Nov 17, 8:06 AM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 1,709 Thanks
    islandman
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:06 AM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:06 AM
    You have each presented me with the information required, thanks you.

My wife walks with a mobility walker and we will have cabin luggage only. (if I have my way), as we leave clothes at our daughters for each visit.

I will write down all of the information presented and use. thanks again.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 8th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 1,709 Thanks
    islandman
    Op here. Return journey slightly inconvenienced by rail strike but, we stay overnight at Premier Inn Longford T5. We have to get to Central bus station to get the 701,service to Woking Station. But is, the Central bus station at t5, and if not, how do we get to it please.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 8th Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 1,504 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    The 701 calls at Terminal 5 , the bus stop is outside the arrivals hall on the ground floor, there is no need to go to the Central Bus Station to pick it up at all.
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 8th Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    • 7,508 Posts
    • 10,681 Thanks
    jackieblack
    As Alan states above, no need to go to CBS as 701 also stops at T5
    https://coachtracker.nationalexpress.com/routes/701/I/Woking-Heathrow_Airport

• islandman
    • By islandman 8th Jan 18, 7:35 PM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 1,709 Thanks
    islandman
    Thanks to each of you that have contributed with help. Don't want to play the paper card, but we are, and wife is disabled, so I try to be one jump ahead in planning. Sorted the rail bit out so I'm pleased. Odd to think that this time tomorrow we will be half way back to UK.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 11th Jan 18, 8:09 AM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 1,709 Thanks
    islandman
    Update, as told to me, the 423 red bus is free to and from Longford premier, but so is service 7. Just need to hail it otherwise it won stop. The 701 leaves from bay 9.

Thanks again for your help.
    • Contessa
    • By Contessa 11th Jan 18, 7:58 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 1,402 Thanks
    Contessa
    Update, as told to me, the 423 red bus is free to and from Longford premier, but so is service 7. Just need to hail it otherwise it won stop. The 701 leaves from bay 9.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for keeping us updated. It's always nice when people conclude a thread.

Glad it all worked out well for you.
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 11th Jan 18, 8:32 PM
    • 7,508 Posts
    • 10,681 Thanks
    jackieblack
    Thanks for keeping us updated. It's always nice when people conclude a thread.

Glad it all worked out well for you.
    Originally posted by Contessa
    I agree
    Was going to post the same

• islandman
    • By islandman 12th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 1,709 Thanks
    islandman
    I appreciated your help, so it's only right that as you've given of your time, to recognise it.

Old as we are with untold health issues, we've allowed ourselves one more trip May/June. Three anniversaries. Our 48th Wedding, our daughters' 12th (I think) and my 78th.

You should see the pair of us waddling through these terminals. My wife with her walking aid, me trying not to use a walking stick, hearing aid and glasses. Constantly keeping an eye open for the loo. I bet those who take any notice of us smile to themselves.
    • Contessa
    • By Contessa 12th Jan 18, 8:14 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 1,402 Thanks
    Contessa
    I appreciated your help, so it's only right that as you've given of your time, to recognise it.

Old as we are with untold health issues, we've allowed ourselves one more trip May/June. Three anniversaries. Our 48th Wedding, our daughters' 12th (I think) and my 78th.

You should see the pair of us waddling through these terminals. My wife with her walking aid, me trying not to use a walking stick, hearing aid and glasses. Constantly keeping an eye open for the loo. I bet those who take any notice of us smile to themselves.

It doesn't matter what people think. You're both enjoying yourselves and showing that it can be done!

I recently went on holiday with a friend who needed "special assistance" which was very helpful (although you may already use this)
    • islandman
    • By islandman 14th Jan 18, 7:54 AM
    • 4,049 Posts
    • 1,709 Thanks
    islandman
    It doesn't matter what people think. You're both enjoying yourselves and showing that it can be done!

I recently went on holiday with a friend who needed "special assistance" which was very helpful (although you may already use this)
    Originally posted by Contessa
    We are offered it, but usually decline, however we do accept the facility which allows us to board early and avoid the queues at Passport Control ect.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,574Posts Today

9,882Users online

Martin's Twitter