Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nickyjo1
    • By nickyjo1 27th Nov 17, 8:04 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nickyjo1
    roof repairs in bad weather
    • 27th Nov 17, 8:04 AM
    roof repairs in bad weather 27th Nov 17 at 8:04 AM
    I phoned the emergency cover dept of my insurance last night to try to get another temporary repair carried out, weather permitting: eek:. The weather here is so wet and I noticed that the damp patch on my attic wall resulting from an unsatisfactory roof repair is getting bigger. The guy who did the repair told me that the leak would not do any harm and could wait for a few weeks before being repaired. However, I do not trust his opinion as he did the shoddy repair. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Page 1
    • Clifford_Pope
    • By Clifford_Pope 28th Nov 17, 8:37 AM
    • 3,417 Posts
    • 3,504 Thanks
    Clifford_Pope
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:37 AM
    • 28th Nov 17, 8:37 AM
    You won't get insurance for repair and maintenance anyway, and certainly not correction of repairs which you know to be shoddy.
    Get a different repairer this time.
    • eddddy
    • By eddddy 28th Nov 17, 9:27 AM
    • 5,549 Posts
    • 5,231 Thanks
    eddddy
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:27 AM
    • 28th Nov 17, 9:27 AM
    You won't get insurance for repair and maintenance anyway, and certainly not correction of repairs which you know to be shoddy.
    Get a different repairer this time.
    Originally posted by Clifford_Pope
    My guess is that nickyjo is saying that their Home Insurance includes emergency cover (which includes a roof damage emergency).

Following a roof damage emergency, the insurer sent somebody out to do a temporary roof repair. However, water is still getting in through the roof - and nickyjo is wondering if that is a cause for concern.

Is that right nickyjo?
    • nickyjo1
    • By nickyjo1 28th Nov 17, 10:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nickyjo1
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:47 PM
    • 28th Nov 17, 10:47 PM
    yes that is right I was concerned as when the permanent roof repair was finally carried out water is still coming in. the insurance company are now saying that is a different issue and a new claim even though I was given a 2 year guarantee. They are sending a person out to do a temporary repair but are not covering the permanent repair as they are now saying it was caused by wear and tear. I am still waiting for someone to come out and do a temporary repair for this leak. As far as I can see this insurance company do all they can to avoid a claim.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,540Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter