Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LiveOnce
    • By LiveOnce 26th Nov 17, 8:25 PM
    • 449Posts
    • 181Thanks
    LiveOnce
    Back and neck pain from driving: Any recommendations?
    • 26th Nov 17, 8:25 PM
    Back and neck pain from driving: Any recommendations? 26th Nov 17 at 8:25 PM
    Hello all,

Recently I have been experiencing lots of back and neck pain from long distance driving.

I have tried adjusting the seat and still finding my 'comfort' zone.

Are there any things you recommend trying? Open to changing something in the car or a product that can help while I drive.

I am fairly active and stretch regularly so this mostly happens when I drive. In the next few weeks I anticipate driving 3-4hrs a day for short term basis.
Page 2
    • harz99
    • By harz99 3rd Dec 17, 11:47 PM
    • 2,514 Posts
    • 2,452 Thanks
    harz99
    OP, already asked this once:

Car make and model, your age, your height and build, would all help to give better advice.

So far we now know you are thirty...
    • Tarambor
    • By Tarambor 4th Dec 17, 7:42 AM
    • 1,748 Posts
    • 1,198 Thanks
    Tarambor
    3 - 4 hours a day = a long drive?

How many hours do you think an HGV driver does a day?

If you cannot get your seat comfy then the next option is change the car.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    This. I get awful back pains in Scanias and MANs but I'm OK with DAFs, Renaults and Volvos so given I work at a company which runs DAFs with MANs in for spot hire when I'm assigned a MAN for my shift I ask if I can change to a DAF. Very rarely refused because it would appear quite a few of the drivers actually are the other way around where they get back pain from the DAFs. Funny old world.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

1,257Users online

Martin's Twitter