Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 26th Nov 17, 7:41 PM
    • 20,156Posts
    • 228,997Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread - 27th November 2017
    • 26th Nov 17, 7:41 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread - 27th November 2017 26th Nov 17 at 7:41 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

[/B] Thank you Natty for last week's thread.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Christmas madness Looms - get your retreat ready - your bedroom

Level 1

Strip bed - leave to air while you have breakfast/school run etc...

then - vacuum/dust headboard and bedframe
    remake bed
    clear floordrobe/chairdrobe

Level 2

Dust bedside tables
    Wipe sticky mats, sockets and switches
    Dust any other furniture
    Polish mirrors

Level 3

Clean windows and sills
    Check corners for cobwebs
    Dust skirtings
    Vacuum floor

The plan (such as it is) is to ensure a comfortable, stress-free zone...

Extras

HHI
    Write your Christmas Toots list - then you can tick bits off as you go
    MAD half hour - if you can't think of one why not have half an hour wrapping presents/writing cards/sorting out online shopping - writing Xmas Toots list
    For those for whom there are mixed feelings at Christmas - be kind to yourselves.
    And if you're cooking squeeze something else in the oven at the same time and freeze the extra so that you can have a couple of meals to thaw when you're frazzled.
    S&S kitchen and bathroom.

*Waves at atb who's snuck in mid thread construction!*

Tuesday - time to sort out the kitchen

Level 1

CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE

wash all moveable bits eg shelves, salad boxes etc
    Check de-icer/drain holes are running clear
    Dispose of anything that's crawled into a corner and died.
    wipe down fridge innards and don't forget the seals - you want the fridge clean and fully-functional for December

Level 2

Wipe down counters/sides
    wipe drawer fronts
    wipe handles, sockets, switches and splashbacks

Level 3

Clean the floor

Extras

Freezer inventory. Space will be needed - what needs using up?
    S&S bathroom
    Make your bed and all beds in the house
    Go and spend 10 minutes straightening the living room
    MAD half hour - what can you tick off your ominous xmas to do list?
    Have you got enough stamps?

Write a minimum of 5 cards

Wednesday Wonders - lounge

Level 1

Clear sofas - wipe/vacuum
    plump cushions
    tidy throws
    take rubbish out
    see to flowers/plants
    wipe coasters
    empty ashtray

Level 2

Clean coffee/lamp tables (polish and dust)
    sort out newspapers/magazines into reycling
    clean 'christmas tree corner' (where tree is/will be)
    Check for webs

Level 3

Dust skirtings and shelves
    Vacuum
    wipe remotes/sockets/switches

Extras

5 cards
    HHI
    MAD - if you can't think of one pick a drawer or cupboard to declutter
    Have you enough bulbs and batteries?
    Take time out to tell someone you love them. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the last time my sister told me she loved me and gave me a kiss. the love never dies.

Thursday bathroom

Level 1

Empty bin
    Clear any rubbish
    Wipe sill and polish window
    Scrub sink
    Polish taps
    Wipe whatever sink stands in or on

Level 2
    Scrub loo bowl inside and under the rim
    Wipe over toilet
    Scrub out bath and shower

Level 3
    Polish shower screen
    Deal with mould or mildew
    Glue bleach down drains
    Sweep and mop floor
    Put out fresh towels

Extras
    HHI
    S&s kitchen
    Mad half hour
    Write 5 cards
    Stay warm
    [B][/B]Friday Flourish - 15 minute makeover

arm yourself with

duster, polish, damp cloth, kitchen roll, scrim (if you use one) and glass cleaner
    and a binbag.

15 minutes MAX per room for as many 15 minutes as you have

stand in the doorway, look around and evaluate

straighten, tidy, fling and wipe where necessary and generally primp each room. the 15 minutes includes kitchen and bathroom swish and swipe.

Polish mirrors and remove sticky marks.

Vacuum high traffic area that need it.

Last edited by Valli; 01-12-2017 at 7:13 AM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 5
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 30th Nov 17, 3:52 PM
    • 36,160 Posts
    • 466,112 Thanks
    pigpen
    Well goodness me, just look at that.. the noise of whining in here says it is bed time already!!!! Early night for 3 very loud tired girls I think!

I got my lazy self into town to return the wrong phone sent.. that took nearly an hour.. seriously, this should be 5 minutes max.!!! But then had Vodafone not been incompetent it would have been unecessary!

Other than that and taking DS3 to get his eyebrows minced and his hair made presentable and collecting a prescription.. ooh, and depositing a binbag at chazzer.. I've done nothing!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 30th Nov 17, 3:57 PM
    • 4,679 Posts
    • 47,141 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    - Write two covering letters to go with LPA and Vet thing
    - Post LPA
    - Post parcel to Vet UK
    - Order from Vet UK
    - Minutes
    - Visit new voluntary role place
    - Make a couple of things
    - Make another couple of things
    - Get Christmas cards down from attic
    - Write some Christmas cards
    - Write some more Christmas cards
    - Go to the pub and talk to the landlord about an idea we had that I need to rein in and put on hold until next year when we'll have time to organise it properly
    - Meal plan from yesterday's freezer sort
    - Sort out another space, dining room cupboards might be a good place to start
    - take small pile of gibble to nearest CS
    - First draft of letter to vet
    - Do a bit of cosmetic Flying.
    - Do a bit more cosmetic flying.
    - Return two library books and get the reserved one
    - Do some six hat thinking about never-ending listys
    - Query pension anomaly
    - Polish and spray boots
    - Protect study
    - Sort In Trays

I've also prepped Kelpie's bones for the week; spent a lot of time feeding Devil Cat who will now only eat tiny amounts of food and lick all the jelly off cat food but that's progress over yesterday; folded and put away all the laundry; put another WM load on; and made a plan for what happens on Monday if OH goes to London - about which I knew nothing and it cuts right across one of my plans. I've also got another listy of things that need to be done, but I'm getting a much clearer picture of where things are going wrong and I think I may have a strategy to stop this endless business of never, ever being able to relax because the To Do list is completely unmanageable.
    Keeping it AF
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 30th Nov 17, 6:58 PM
    • 23,366 Posts
    • 90,823 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    [shivers]

Why is my phone sending me updates every half hour of the temperature? I know it's flaming freezing.

Really ached when I got up this morning - and it must have been really cold overnight, as I woke up hemmed in by a cat on each side. Spent most of the day reorganising a storeroom (well, the bits up to waist level, anyhow - I'm not attempting the things at head height or above).

Seeing as I've almost trebled the clear space just by putting slightly different sized items in different places and moving the light shelf unit from one end where it swallowed up crap and useful stuff alike to the other, where it fits perfectly behind the door - and only throwing away three tiny items that had been broken - it's clear to me that the way things were stored was done by somebody with zero concept of organisation; the old boss who blocked every cupboard, every storeroom, under the desks, on the desks, every scrap of floor and everywhere else with big shopping bags of Stuff. And when something needed sorting out, she'd just buy some more storage and pile it on top of the existing mess.

I've even found sixteen very expensive instrument hanging hooks that had never made it onto the walls. Probably because they couldn't find them.

Next on the work list is to get somebody to get down the things from the next shelf up; as far as I can tell, it's all stuff that is broken and unrepairable - why are we still keeping them? And do we really need to keep an old CRT TV and video player, plus a VCR, five cassette players and a mini disc recorder?

If it had been put down as 'sort the cupboard/storeroom', I would have failed. However, it was 'deal with this box of random leads' 'deal with this box of other random leads' 'coil the cables in this box of leads, chucking the other types of leads once coiled into the boxes they are supposed to be in' 'open this random cardboard box and find out what's inside and what it's for', put two small Toms on that shelf, which frees up space for two snares, one set of handdrums and a bell tree where they were originally kept', etc, etc. So today was full of successes.

Especially as it meant I spent the day away from teenagers and able to listen to Radio 4 as I went along.

I have slightly moved the armchair around and faffed about with a fleecy throw. It now places the grumpy fluffy cat a whole 3 inches away from the radiator.

I'm still cold, though.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 30th Nov 17, 8:21 PM
    • 4,383 Posts
    • 35,728 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    My word, what a week. Madly busy at work, dentist, parents evening, doctors. Scary journey home from work in the snow today then DS1 messaged me to say his car was stuck and he was waiting for a farmer to pull him out. He got going again and skidded and then rang me in a panic. Supercalm Mum voice and lots of encouragement and he got home safe. Phew.

So not a great deal of flying done othen than a bit of swishing and swiping, a bit of hoovering and some laundry. But I am enjoying a rare evening actually sitting down in front of the fire so thats good.

We have family visiting at the weekend and there is a mountain of stuff to do but I am trying not to think about it!
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 30th Nov 17, 10:10 PM
    • 384 Posts
    • 4,520 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Scary stuff YL. Glad everyone got home safely.

((Hugs)) HB. You have crossed so much off that list. Gentle strokes to Devil Cat.

I've nothing spectacular to report beyond the dailies, although I did get to clean the ensuite and downstairs loo. I didn't manage to leave work early, despite going in yesterday as extra. A couple of frogs have been nibbled but are currently refusing to go away for good. The car insurance is up for renewal which always stresses me. So while a few jobs got crossed off, the main culprits refuse to lie down and be beaten. Back on the list for tomorrow, then. **yawn**
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 30th Nov 17, 11:05 PM
    • 2,556 Posts
    • 16,415 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    In bed eating crisps. So tired I could cry. Tomorrow is a new day!

Hugs all round xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.11.17 - £119,999.04
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 30th Nov 17, 11:06 PM
    • 2,088 Posts
    • 19,061 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Ooh YL - that sounds like you've had quite a bit of the white stuff!? Hope your son (and you) weren't too shaken by the time he made it home.

I have cleaned two wrought iron T hinges, two Suffolk latches and associated stays and pins of all visible rust this evening with white vinegar, a scratchy pad and elbow grease. At £45 per set, I figured they were worth an hour or so of my time to clean up and oil, ready to be reused in the house. Consequently, the skin and nails on my hands look like I've dipped my fingers in a pot of brown henna.

Just off for a bath to scrub them clean x
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 30th Nov 17, 11:33 PM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 30,050 Thanks
    dancemum
    House cleaned to inspection standard yesterday
    Helped with school Christmas Fayre
    Then had the visit (can’t say more yet)

Picked ds1up with his washing. He seems to have finished for the hols. I’m a bit suspicious whether this is true.

Ground floor dyskinesia
    Lots of laundry done
    Wheelie bin taken around by DH
    Bf met for coffee and catch up
    Back was a little better today
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 1st Dec 17, 8:16 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Wow you lot have been busy! Have just spent 10 minutes reading back to catch up and am sorry to hear so many of you are suffering. I'm planning to fly for most of the day today although may also try and get an appointment to have my nails done.
    I didn't do any flying Tues, wed or thurs, life just seemed to get in the way, not sure why, oh yes Tuesday OH up very early as travelling so I was also up early and it is my longest working day and I finish very late so that meant I was tired at the start of the week, then Wednesday lunchtime and afterwork I did do some prep and I finished my online coursework and yesterday evening it snowed so hard it was difficult to drive so by the time I got in I was happy to flake out in front of the fire with a glass of wine!
    Looking back on the week has made me realise why I like to do a 'done it' list rather than a to do list because when I look back I have done loads of stuff this week but not necessarily what would have been on the 'to do' list. I have a don't forget notebook which I take everywhere with me and it reminds me at a glance what is important and it is a great pleasure to cross things off when done. things that must be done on a specific day get put in the diary so they become an appointment.
    Enough rambling, off I go to get this place back up to scratch (for the tidy areas) and to progress somewhere else.
    Hugs and spoons to all and SMILE!
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 1st Dec 17, 9:05 AM
    • 36,160 Posts
    • 466,112 Thanks
    pigpen
    Everyone away to school.. OH is on 10-12 with a 1 hour break at 3.. I'm getting some boxes out today to wrap this evening while he is at work.. That should be everything for leaving the house wrapped bar one box I cannot reach to get down and OH hasn't the time to get down for me.

This weekend I have to fling everything out of Pixies chest of drawers and get all the stuff that actually fits in there.. I will put summer stuff in hers and the winter stuff in Dots.. they are the same size so at least I know they will be dressed appropriately!!! Squeaks cupboard needs filtering too she has 2 empty drawers a missing cow hoodie she is distressed about and a lack of socks!

Twinkle just sat down with the ipad.. she likes to put music on to dance.. and yes at 18 months she knows the unlock code and can find what she is looking for.. she can also turn netflix on the tv and operate the xbox.. I think this may be another bright as a button/wants to learn everything kinda girl!

2 loads of laundry to sort
    Cat tray to delegate

off to construct a cuppa.. and I best feed Twinkle before she eats a cat!
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 1st Dec 17, 10:36 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    Loads of little jobs completed today from the Hit List

Rad cover fixed (DS constantly kicks ball at it)

Sideboard door fixed (DS football hit it grr)

Candlesticks sprayed silver

Bunting nailed to fence (been flapping about for months)

So disappointing news - I am eligible for a free boiler under government replacement scheme a company came out today and rejected me as we have concrete flooring and the pipework is behind my cupboards - had a little cry, the chap said try another company as they might supply different boiler and no pipework etc would be required, gutted as my boiler is 30+ years old

Dogsitting again this afternoon for Nana - DS football voile has finally arrived from china this morning, hoping to get this up before i leave, just enjoying 5 mins peace or at least I was until DS called me to inspect his room ... fingers crossed he hasn't shoved everything in wardrobe like he usually does

just remembered decluttered a kitchen cupboard - loads of old plastic storage pots recycled, also culled ornaments on living room shelf - got rid of OH fishermans prayer plaque and replaced it with another one that DD bought me that says "some days i am totally fabulous" which I love and I think we all need reminding how amazing we all are x

LOVING THIS DECLUTTERING
    Last edited by donnajt; 01-12-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 1st Dec 17, 10:47 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    Anyone got any tips for dealing with dog fleas????
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 1st Dec 17, 11:06 AM
    • 2,556 Posts
    • 16,415 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Morning all,

Busy busy busy. So far:

- Kids away to school/pre-school (with an extra child as friend had to go to work at 8am so I took her daughter to school). V icy here nearly fell several times!

- grandma visited, cuppa drunk with her and she filled the boot of my car with carp for the tip!

- Dog walked
    - DW unloaded and WUDUPA stuff done
    - DH work stuff in WM
    - General carp binned/put on stairs to tidy up
    - Yet more admin done

Will finalise VAT return now. HHC ANYONE? XX
    MFW
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 1st Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    • 2,556 Posts
    • 16,415 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    My HHC turned into an hour challenge! Done an awful lot though:

- Finalised and submitted VAT return, and paid bill straight away

- Nipped to butcher, chemist and co-0p.

- Dropped bag of donations at charity shop, and also bought DD a gorgeous Christmas jumper and myself a little Le Creuset pot whilst I was there

- Emptied kitchen bin and put recycling out

Phew! Lunch now then back to crack on. Must make the most of this enthusiasm whilst it lasts! x
    MFW
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 1st Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 36,160 Posts
    • 466,112 Thanks
    pigpen
    Originally posted by donnajt
    Shave the dog? Frontline and a bath in flea shampoo??..
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 1st Dec 17, 4:35 PM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    Shave the dog? Frontline and a bath in flea shampoo??..
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Thanks Pigpen, can't bear to shave Pepper, she's so little and hasn't much hair, Frontlined on Tuesday, been combing over and over got rid of loads of flea dust, then found a couple more on her yesterday, bathed in flea shampoo yesterday, found a couple more blighters in the bath after, have been hoovering so much now have patches in the carpet lol and today have sprayed house with flea spray

First time she has had them, its like the first time you found a head louse in your children's head
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 1st Dec 17, 5:25 PM
    • 10,036 Posts
    • 107,820 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Originally posted by donnajt
    If she's been Frontlined, the infestation should burn itself out, I'm assuming Frontline is one of the ones that works as a "contraceptive" for fleas? In the meantime all you can do is keep removing the existing pests as you find them; a proprietary (sp?) flea shampoo for dogs should help.

Am I right in thinking she's not your dog? When she goes home, get some household flea spray (I found J0hnsons 4Fleas to be good) and do your whole house, carefully following the instructions on the pack.
    The little blighters can survive dormant in carpets for a l-o-n-g time otherwise.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 1st Dec 17, 6:47 PM
    • 4,679 Posts
    • 47,141 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Twinkle just sat down with the ipad.. she likes to put music on to dance.. and yes at 18 months she knows the unlock code and can find what she is looking for.. she can also turn netflix on the tv and operate the xbox.. I think this may be another bright as a button/wants to learn everything kinda girl!
    Originally posted by pigpen
    Wow! Just wow! Am I right in thinking she's still in nappies, too?

Fantastic list of jobs completed, Donna! So impressed. You must feel fab about having done them, too. Sorry about the boiler faff, but it's well worth ringing round until you find someone who can and will do it for you.

As for fleas - phone the vet's surgery. They always have the most up to date anti-flea stuff. As Lamewolf says, the little blighter's eggs can sit in the carpets for a year and then hatch, so you've got to treat the whole house, I'm afraid. And vacumm, vacuum, vacuum - that does work. Fleas hop onto our doggoes and our own ankles while we're out and about, it's not a sign that you're not on top of the housework. I use Bravecto, which is for fleas and ticks after Kelpie picked up a tick while we were over at the chalet last summer. Not a sign of a single little hopper ever since. Prescripton only, marvellous stuff.

(((Hugs))) Valli. Thinking of you and your sister.

Bosun's nowhere near ready to throw in the towel, so the vet's visit has been postponed. After a phone consultation he's another couple of drugs, but still eating and we've had a lot of him wandering about with his tail right up. Thanks for the vibes everyone, they're doing the trick.

First stint at the new voluntary role place this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Good.

Flying has been limited to catching up with urgent non-listy things, chatting with lodgers, calming Kelpie down, keeping everything a bit shipshape and working on a new Anti-List Strategy. And a neighbour gave me a box of malt3z3rs this afternoon just because.
    Keeping it AF
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 1st Dec 17, 7:30 PM
    • 2,556 Posts
    • 16,415 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Natty - Flylady Christmas cards are in the post to you, I've sent you a PM as well xx

Ladies I have FLOWN. Bags of carp taken to chazza/tip/pre-school. Recycling bin full and loads of odds and ends tidied out of the cupboards.

Kiddies in bed, I've had tea and waiting for Corrie. Really tired. Big hugs all round xx
    MFW
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 1st Dec 17, 9:17 PM
    • 4,383 Posts
    • 35,728 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Hi all

Yes lots of the white stuff but today is better. DS1 still had trouble on the way to work, the garage tell me that winter tyres would really help him get to his work which is high up on the edge of the moors but possibly £200 which we dont really have. They are going to get me a price.

Family visiting this weekend, reallly looking forward to it, going to be quite spendy but it will be worth it.

Well done atb I have two bags that have made it as far of the hall but they WILL be dealt with tomorrow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

347Posts Today

2,609Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin