Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 26th Nov 17, 7:41 PM
    • 20,155Posts
    • 228,981Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread - 27th November 2017
    • 26th Nov 17, 7:41 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread - 27th November 2017 26th Nov 17 at 7:41 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

[/B] Thank you Natty for last week's thread.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Marvellous Monday - Christmas madness Looms - get your retreat ready - your bedroom

Level 1

Strip bed - leave to air while you have breakfast/school run etc...

then - vacuum/dust headboard and bedframe
    remake bed
    clear floordrobe/chairdrobe

Level 2

Dust bedside tables
    Wipe sticky mats, sockets and switches
    Dust any other furniture
    Polish mirrors

Level 3

Clean windows and sills
    Check corners for cobwebs
    Dust skirtings
    Vacuum floor

The plan (such as it is) is to ensure a comfortable, stress-free zone...

Extras

HHI
    Write your Christmas Toots list - then you can tick bits off as you go
    MAD half hour - if you can't think of one why not have half an hour wrapping presents/writing cards/sorting out online shopping - writing Xmas Toots list
    For those for whom there are mixed feelings at Christmas - be kind to yourselves.
    And if you're cooking squeeze something else in the oven at the same time and freeze the extra so that you can have a couple of meals to thaw when you're frazzled.
    S&S kitchen and bathroom.

*Waves at atb who's snuck in mid thread construction!*

Tuesday - time to sort out the kitchen

Level 1

CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE

wash all moveable bits eg shelves, salad boxes etc
    Check de-icer/drain holes are running clear
    Dispose of anything that's crawled into a corner and died.
    wipe down fridge innards and don't forget the seals - you want the fridge clean and fully-functional for December

Level 2

Wipe down counters/sides
    wipe drawer fronts
    wipe handles, sockets, switches and splashbacks

Level 3

Clean the floor

Extras

Freezer inventory. Space will be needed - what needs using up?
    S&S bathroom
    Make your bed and all beds in the house
    Go and spend 10 minutes straightening the living room
    MAD half hour - what can you tick off your ominous xmas to do list?
    Have you got enough stamps?

Write a minimum of 5 cards

Wednesday Wonders - lounge

Level 1

Clear sofas - wipe/vacuum
    plump cushions
    tidy throws
    take rubbish out
    see to flowers/plants
    wipe coasters
    empty ashtray

Level 2

Clean coffee/lamp tables (polish and dust)
    sort out newspapers/magazines into reycling
    clean 'christmas tree corner' (where tree is/will be)
    Check for webs

Level 3

Dust skirtings and shelves
    Vacuum
    wipe remotes/sockets/switches

Extras

5 cards
    HHI
    MAD - if you can't think of one pick a drawer or cupboard to declutter
    Have you enough bulbs and batteries?
    Take time out to tell someone you love them. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the last time my sister told me she loved me and gave me a kiss. the love never dies.

Thursday bathroom

Level 1

Empty bin
    Clear any rubbish
    Wipe sill and polish window
    Scrub sink
    Polish taps
    Wipe whatever sink stands in or on

Level 2
    Scrub loo bowl inside and under the rim
    Wipe over toilet
    Scrub out bath and shower

Level 3
    Polish shower screen
    Deal with mould or mildew
    Glue bleach down drains
    Sweep and mop floor
    Put out fresh towels

Extras
    HHI
    S&s kitchen
    Mad half hour
    Write 5 cards
    Stay warm
    [B][/B]Friday Flourish - 15 minute makeover

arm yourself with

duster, polish, damp cloth, kitchen roll, scrim (if you use one) and glass cleaner
    and a binbag.

15 minutes MAX per room for as many 15 minutes as you have

stand in the doorway, look around and evaluate

straighten, tidy, fling and wipe where necessary and generally primp each room. the 15 minutes includes kitchen and bathroom swish and swipe.

Polish mirrors and remove sticky marks.

Vacuum high traffic area that need it.

Last edited by Valli; 01-12-2017 at 7:13 AM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 4
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 29th Nov 17, 10:27 AM
    • 1,452 Posts
    • 20,954 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Sorry about chickens Dizzy
    Funeral day today; suitably grey and murky outside.plus in the last 2 days I've developed a cold, a cold sore and 2 zits so I feel just great!
    I got this eve's dinner part prepared yesterday.
    Study now tidy, clean and fit for BIL to stay in tonight.
    Bird feeders filled - 8 fairies yesterday.
    Work emails replied to.
    Almost finished a report last night, would be great if I could finish it later but not holding my breath.
    Did a lot of Christmas planning with mum yesterday, we visited a Christmas barn to put us in the mood then started making lists of who is buying/cooking what.
    Oh well catch up with the rest of life some time.
    Last edited by Narc0lepsy; 29-11-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 29th Nov 17, 3:14 PM
    • 10,029 Posts
    • 107,729 Thanks
    LameWolf
    Dizzy that's sad about the chooks. Do you think there's some sort of virus they're all catching?
    the enzymes in urine are supposed to be very good for breaking down compost heaps.. he did you a favour!!
    Originally posted by pigpen
    I do appreciate this fact but I just wish he could've been a bit more discreet about it..... flailing the damn thing around where the whole Close could see it ...........
    And yes.. I can scare squirrels, hardened criminals and the postman!
    Hooray; maybe you can scare our Postie into delivering the post to the correct houses.
    we need cereal and baby slop.. yes I am fully aware she should just eat what we eat but she doesn't and won't, she is offered food several times daily, so slop it is.. she does at least feed herself the slop now so we are heading in the right direction just very slowly.
    I sympathise; I have spent a good chunk of today persuading Daisy to eat a little food. She honestly doesn't eat enough to keep a sparrow alive; she's always been like it (she first stayed with me at Xmas 2012) but it's worrying when it's someone else's dog; I always feel they must think I haven't fed her. I'm just going with anything I can get down her. If she wants a chicken'n'cheese strip, it's better than not eating anything.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 29th Nov 17, 3:55 PM
    • 4,673 Posts
    • 47,083 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Sorry about your chook(s) Dizzy. Sometimes medicine isn't enough and we just have to keep them comfortable and be prepared to let them go. Devil Cat has taken a turn for the worse, and although OH is away I've arranged for the vet to visit on Friday afternoon. The little chap won't be enjoying life as far as I can see any more, so it's better to make sure he's painfree until we let him go. I've described what's happened to the vet and she's prescribed an additional level of pain relief that I need to go and get later, and OH is coming home earlier than intended tomorrrow.

Listy still as intact as it was at the end of yesterday. I'm doing some serious thinking about how much I expect of myself and catching up with pottering instead of going at it all full bore today.

WM x 2 last night, all pegged out. It's a tad drier than it all was but I'll have to drag it all in later as it's due to rain overnight. I like the idea of getting a spare filter Jojo, but actually what would be cheaper, because I don't vacuum every day, would be to just do the filter once a month when I dehair the pickup roller. I'll pop it on a list (!) so I don't forget. Kitchen tidied, everything else tidied apart from the paperwork I'm dealing with in the sitting room.

There's a guest here who's working nights which means I'm trying to be quiet because I'm never sure when he's in and/or asleep. The doorbell has been going like a brothel in Soho.
    Keeping it AF
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 29th Nov 17, 4:37 PM
    • 36,156 Posts
    • 466,062 Thanks
    pigpen
    Tree up, multitude of singing demons arranged.

DS3 got to college, finished a piece of work and has asked if someone will pick him up because.. it is cold and dark and raining... and he is scared.. we are pandering to his anxiety again .. If it makes him feel better then we do it.. he went to college, that in itself is a bonus.

I have a pile of toys on the sofa to put away, a pile on the stairs to take up and 4 binbags and a box to go to CS and I filled a wheelie bin! I have unearthed 2 sofas already today and the front room and middle roon got vacuumed. The front room is probably the tidiest it has been since July when DD2 moved back home!

Guess I should go feed the beasties..

Painfree vibes for feathery and furry friends and hugs for the ones who love them.
    Last edited by pigpen; 29-11-2017 at 4:39 PM.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 29th Nov 17, 5:25 PM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 196,485 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    Evening everyone.
    Been mostly keeping my sewing machine company today, and have churnied out 30 little red stockings for my charges to go with their Christmas cards. On 1st Dec I carry an extra note book apart from my injury one, I cover it in Christmas paper and it has Santas nice list written on the cover. I make a point of catching all the children being good and put their names in it. It does seem to help motivate them to trying their best to play nice without constantly being reminded. I show the children they are in it (some get multiple entries) then I st it off to santa once term ends so he knows how good they have all been. I need to get that done toninght so it's in my bag ready for Friday.
    I've been in school tonight changing knitted autumn leaves for crocheted snowflakes as it's a play tomorrow then the Christmas fayre on Friday so won't have any other time.
    Tonight job is to clear the table as it looks like a sweatshop, I had all my fabrics out making some needed props for the play.

Right better carry on as I need to also get on with today's lists.

Hugs to all who need one. X
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    xstitch challenge 63 Thumbelina
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 29th Nov 17, 6:24 PM
    • 10,029 Posts
    • 107,729 Thanks
    LameWolf
    HB sorry to hear that Devil Cat needs additional pain relief; we as their appointed guardians have to do what is right for them, but it's heartbreaking sometimes, isn't it?

I've managed to make a loaf, a pizza and a blackberry'n'apple crumble, and also declutter a load of loose fur from one small blonde dog. Also managed to get some chicken into her.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 29th Nov 17, 6:33 PM
    • 23,353 Posts
    • 90,752 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Church service decluttered. Did I mention I have come to dislike the majority of teenagers intensely? Considering their parents chose to send them to a Church school, it's baffling me how they behave. If they tried it in their Home Church, they'd be knocked out of their shoes by various aunties, parents, the Priest, everybody in the building - especially during Communion. Even I can appreciate that you do not act like a complete tw@t in the middle of a Holy Sacrament and if it's not something you want to receive, you sit down and shut the **** up for the duration.

Himself is somewhere in the West Country tonight. Wish I was doing his job and not this one.

Do I do the washing up or do I have a hot bath with a glass of whiskey?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 29th Nov 17, 6:47 PM
    • 36,156 Posts
    • 466,062 Thanks
    pigpen
    bath and whisky .. no brainer!!!! Jojo.. as if you need to ask! Maybe fill the sink with hot water.. to show willing and all..

Dinner done, girls pj'd, Dance class attended, pack up bought for tomorrow and DS3 de-flea'd!! eek!
    WM filled, to be started tomorrow.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • mrs-moneypenny
    • By mrs-moneypenny 29th Nov 17, 7:23 PM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 196,485 Thanks
    mrs-moneypenny
    I'd opt for the bath and whiskey jo,
    grocery challenge November budget £400 spent £
    SPC~11 No100 : : X4 O/t fund so far
    read your books challenge-currently on Me before you
    xstitch challenge 63 Thumbelina
    17in 2017 challenge 3/17
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 29th Nov 17, 8:31 PM
    • 2,551 Posts
    • 16,354 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Bath and whiskey JoJo!

Long long day at paid stuff. Ache all over so early to bed for me. DH making me a cuppa , will watch Corrie then hit the hay.

Another good behaviour day for DS at pre-school

See you all in the morning xx

ETA tomorrow's to do list has 39 things on it ... cry....
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 17.11.17 - £119,999.04
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 29th Nov 17, 9:23 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Another vote for bath and whiskey but I guess you're already on it by now, Jojo!

I've just spent 2 minutes trying to delete a full stop. Turns out it's a mark on my screen....sums up my day nicely!

Most of the day has been spent on running errands and clearing a mountain of paperwork. I popped into work to count money so that I could then get to bank it. That saves me a job tomorrow anyway. Dashed up and down the high street mainly to different banks, but including another bag to the CS, then home in time for volunteering. I'm now sitting with my cuppa, ready for my bed. I will write a list for tomorrow first though.
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 29th Nov 17, 9:33 PM
    • 3,422 Posts
    • 17,282 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    Busy day today. Off to boxing straight from work, first bit of exercise since I've been ill. First day without a headache too.
    Really pleased I'd put the SC on today, tea was ready as soon as I got in. By the time it was eaten however I was too tired for aything else.
    BF is up early for work tomorrow, which means I'll be up early as I'll have to take the pup on his AM walk.

Maybe I'll do some cleaning in the morning (more likely I'll stay curled up in bed til the last moment)

Marvellous Monday - Christmas madness Looms - get your retreat ready - your bedroom

Level 1
    Strip bed - leave to air while you have breakfast/school run etc...
    then - vacuum/dust headboard and bedframe
    remake bed
    clear floordrobe/chairdrobe
    Level 2
    Dust bedside tables
    Wipe sticky mats, sockets and switches
    Dust any other furniture
    Polish mirrors
    Level 3

Clean windows and sills
    Check corners for cobwebs
    Dust skirtings
    Vacuum floor
    Extras
    MAD half hour - if you can't think of one why not have half an hour wrapping presents/writing cards/sorting out online shopping - writing Xmas Toots list
    S&S kitchen and bathroom.

Level 1

CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE
    wash all moveable bits eg shelves, salad boxes etc
    Check de-icer/drain holes are running clear
    Dispose of anything that's crawled into a corner and died.
    wipe down fridge innards and don't forget the seals - you want the fridge clean and fully-functional for December
    Level 2
    wipe drawer fronts
    Level 3
    Clean the floor
    Extras
    S&S bathroom
    Write a minimum of 5 cards

Level 1
    plump cushions
    tidy throws

take rubbish out
    see to flowers/plants

wipe coasters
    Level 2
    sort out newspapers/magazines into reycling
    clean 'christmas tree corner' (where tree is/will be)

Check for webs
    Level 3
    Vacuum
    Extras
    5 cards
    Have you enough bulbs and batteries?
    Take time out to tell someone you love them.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Nov NSD's - /25 / Lose weight 29.0 lbs / 30lbs
    EF Challenger #36 £900/£5050
    • ionafan
    • By ionafan 29th Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    • 2,262 Posts
    • 33,830 Thanks
    ionafan
    I have also done a bit more of my essay and the word count has shot up from 300 to 800 - how on earth did that happen?
    Originally posted by ionafan
    I realised this evening that I was including the hole of the (long) bibliography. Back down to 600 words now. Not much progress, then - but anything is better than nothing.

I achieved everything else off my list, but by 11.00 I was far too tired to concentrate. I also got very cold when I took Rosie out this afternoon, so I have spent quite a lot of time huddling under a blanket, coughing

Hoping for a better day tomorrow. G'night all.
    • Dizzy Imp
    • By Dizzy Imp 30th Nov 17, 7:22 AM
    • 2,085 Posts
    • 19,028 Thanks
    Dizzy Imp
    Morning all.

Jack Frost has been to visit and my world looks beautiful. I love winter! That said, I put a second duvet over us last night which gave us a tog rating of about 30 Soooo warm and cosy.

Got a fair bit on today. Poorly hen is still battling on, bless her. I really hope she pulls through.

Big, big hugs today for you Honey Bear and to Devil Cat. A sad day for you.

Catch you all later x
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 30th Nov 17, 7:43 AM
    • 379 Posts
    • 4,462 Thanks
    Fayolle
    It's soooo frosty and cold out there, but as Dizzy said, very beautiful.

I've got a list as long as my arm today, as well as catching up on flying again. It seems that there is admin overload, not helped by all the institutions and officialdom that I have to come into contact the the moment seem to be run by numpties or their relatives. Hopefully today will see a couple of froglets being munched as quite frankly I am sick of seeing them quivering on the corner.

First job - get meter readings then off to work. Actually change that - wrap up, then get meter readings etc. Catch up later.
    • Narc0lepsy
    • By Narc0lepsy 30th Nov 17, 10:13 AM
    • 1,452 Posts
    • 20,954 Thanks
    Narc0lepsy
    Frosty here.
    Mum and BIL decluttered back home. As visitors go, they are pretty tidy so not much flying needed other than shoving sheets in the wm.
    This year's family "Christmas presents" i.e. a donation done, as The Big Give is open. Fortuitously it includes the charity requested by our friend in lieu of flowers at the funeral.
    Just getting paperwork together as I'm at uni this afternoon, desperate for them to cancel as my cold is now streaming and I feel carpy, but what ho, just had some hot lemon stuff so daresay I'll survive.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 30th Nov 17, 10:58 AM
    • 4,673 Posts
    • 47,083 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    *Healing vibes* for you, Narco.

Thank you Dizzy; glad to hear poorly chook is hanging on. You never know, she may pull through. Wouldn't that be marvellous? Devil Cat's responded amazingly to OH coming home early for him and the new pain relief. His appetite is not back to normal but his behaviour is, so we may be able to defer the vet's visit. As long as he's enjoying life we'll do everything we can to help him and I know she will too. He really is an astonishing little chap.

I spent yesterday analysing this wretched listy business and I've come to a few unexpected conclusions. Today's task is to get the minutes finished because they're really bothering me and then do some more analysis of how to work more intelligently rather harder because that just isn't working, and hasn't done for years. I want life to become more satisfying rather than feeling pressurised all the time.

I've been tidying around and the hovel looks passable if you're very short-sighted, take your glasses off and don't have high standards - so that suits me down to the ground. A bit of analysis goes a long way, it seems.
    Keeping it AF
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 30th Nov 17, 11:06 AM
    • 942 Posts
    • 8,201 Thanks
    donnajt
    I think we should all dress up as dogs and go stay with LW for a week at a time.
    Sounds fab - I'm in woof woof lol xx
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 30th Nov 17, 11:17 AM
    • 942 Posts
    • 8,201 Thanks
    donnajt
    Dizzy sorry to hear about chooks!!

Fibro pain has gone into back so kind of taking it easy today, have timer on phone and i'm doing 15 min resting/15 min flying

No flying achieved yesterday - woke up with back ache, went to dogsit for Nana (she won't go out unless I sit with her two beagles), then decided to spend time with my mum - got home after lunch, by this time back was really hurting, so dosed up with painkillers and rested)

We have just had a flurry of snow!!!!

CLEAN OUT THE FRIDGE (half heartedly)
    Wipe down counters/sides
    wipe drawer fronts

Clean the floor
    S&S downstairs loo

Go and spend 10 minutes straightening the living room
    Have you got enough stamps?
    Write a minimum of 5 cards - don't do xmas cards - Mum has terminal ovarian cancer so I make a donation to Ovacome, a fantastic charity we have supported and fundraise throughout the year
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 30th Nov 17, 1:00 PM
    • 942 Posts
    • 8,201 Thanks
    donnajt
    plump cushions
    tidy throws
    take rubbish out
    see to flowers/plants
    wipe coasters

Check for webs

Vacuum

Extras
    HHI - fabloned worktop in toilet/utility room, sprayed washing powder box silver to match soap dispenser etc, hung "some days I'm fabulous" pic above toilet
    Take time out to tell someone you love them. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the last time my sister told me she loved me and gave me a kiss. Valli this brought a lump to my throat, texts sent to loved ones and big kisses for my kids this morning x
    聽the love never dies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

520Posts Today

3,894Users online

Martin's Twitter