Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 26th Nov 17, 3:14 PM
    • 6,646Posts
    • 48,717Thanks
    apple muncher
    NST December: Debt Destruction December
    • 26th Nov 17, 3:14 PM
    NST December: Debt Destruction December 26th Nov 17 at 3:14 PM

Debt Destruction December 2017
    Clear Up, Clean Up and Take Control

You CAN do it

2017 is coming to an end - how has this year been for you? December is a perfect time to make plans, to start as you mean to go on and to avoid the traditional failings of January's "resolution" chaos. The year ahead has to be clear in your head, what you want and how you will go about it – this ensures you make progress.

It's time to clear up those niggling feelings of fear and face your debts, get out those envelopes that have been shoved into drawers, clean up the loose ends and call your CC companies and know where you are at and what you owe. Take control of your life.

It's so important that you do this for yourself and do it now. Christmas is often a very expensive time of year and what better time and place to start pulling things together than with us...we are a group of people who are supporting each other to debt freedom. We call ourselves Turtles – find out why here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5048897

(look at post #2)

These are the non-negotiable rules to follow:

1. This Challenge runs from December 1st to December 31st.
    2. You will aim for 15 NSD's. Any spend on any item will class as a spend day. You have 16 days for spending - use them wisely. An NSD will not be spoiled by purchasing yellow sticker products only or medication, fuel or paying for regular children's activities (when planned in advance and the monies put aside in an envelope). This month you will also keep an NSD if you only buy items for the food bank or donate to charity.
    3. You will pay to your debt/savings first. And live off the rest.
    4. You will drop one Christmas outing/party whether with work or people you don't really like. Why waste your money? I am not going to a work do at all!
    5. You will take your lunch to work every single day that you are there. At home? Out and about? You will still plan a ‘packed lunch’ for yourself. No exceptions. You will not darken the doors of cafeterias, coffee shops, take away emporia…
    6. You will not go to any sales in the month of DDD. Unless you have a planned budget and have been saving for a specific item PLEASE do not go to the Boxing Day Sales. It is too much temptation to buy tat you really don’t need. STAY AT HOME!!!

Debt destruction: to destroy your debt (or mortgage), you need a plan. When is your Debt Free Date (DFD)? How much do you need to pay each month to get there? Have you done a Statement of Affairs (SOA)? What are your weaknesses? And strengths? Set your budget for December NOW (see below).

Exterminate one bad habit from your life for the first 10 days. This is NOT about food. I shall be renouncing a particular game I play on my tablet that just sucks me in and takes hours of my time. There will be other things for later in the month.

Clear up, clean up and take control. Clear some space in your surroundings by removing 31 items this month – to charity, to recyc, to give to others. Clean up your way of talking to yourself – clean away the negative talk and be kind and positive to yourself. Let yourself sparkle. Take control of your finances, your time, your habits, and your health.

Explore your local area – get out and walk, go along those footpaths you have never been up before. Going away? Venture out and be observant. Appreciate the landscape.

Mental health. To continue a recent turtle theme. Do something every day this month that makes you feel good: gym, reading, time with family, favourite tv programme, meditation, building a snowman. NOT spending, of course!! Write down 4 gratitudes each day.

Budget
    EVERYTHING before you start the month. (Food, gifts, bills, travel, activities, annual stuff…) Get a notebook and write down everything you will be doing in December. (And then use the notebook to record each and every spend for the month.) This budget is to be set in stone – you really do not need those Christmas promotions. Is there an expectation that you will travel more, contribute with gifts/food/drink? Can you make something? Batch cook now. Bake some goodies so that you avoid massive tubs of sweets, fancy biscuits in tins and expensive cakes. Cookie dough can be frozen raw and then cooked in a few minutes when required. Batch cooking doesn’t have to be 24 meals in one go – even doubling up, or ensuring you have leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch is a good thing.

Evaluate
    the year you have had: what was good, and what was not so good. What did you do well? What was beyond your control? Now look ahead and plan 5 things to go for in 2018.

Remember
    that this is a difficult time for many. Allocate £5 of your food budget to spend on food bank items. Check what they need, get the kids involved, or do it online if that is the only way for you. This is on top of your usual giving this month. Get in the habit of doing good deeds for others.

I can’t say this won’t be hard but we are all here to be encouraging and everyone will help you. So please, stop faffing about, take responsibility and give me your name!

(Please do not re-post the entire thread as it makes it too long.)

But do post every day.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 06-12-2017 at 9:31 AM.
    NST DDD#1; NSD 9/15; Ex 4/12; craft 11/30 (267); remove 6/31 (601)
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3708/£4050; 2
    017 sell 351

Mortgage £23,486 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
Page 4
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 1st Dec 17, 12:57 PM
    • 1,099 Posts
    • 8,108 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Debt destruction:
    My only debt is the mortgage, which I am knocking 5 years off when remortgaging in Feb. Currently £108,800. Overpayments are on hold while saving for plastering, new bathroom shower and flooring. I go wildly from overpaying to manic scrimping to pay for another job to be done. I don't want to put it on credit and just have it done, as I would pay it off too quickly and leave the family short. I am really debt averse as DH lived in his overdraft for YEARS. His parents paid it off twice, and I paid it off twice, but he was cosy in it. It is gone now, and has been for nearly 2 years.

Exterminate one bad habit from your life for the first 10 days.
    F4cebook - I am not bothered about people showing their 3 trees and how many bulbs they have stuck all over themselves, or the pile of presents under the tree.

Clear up, clean up and take control.
    Will make a real effort to have the whole house clean every day. Not at the same time perhaps, but all beds made, all floors clear, and washing up done after every meal. Kitchen table cleared too! If I don't do it, nobody will. So there is really no excuse for me not getting on with it. It bothers me, so I should sort it. I am in control of my environment. I have a diary for next year that is filling up fast with kid stuff. Need a wall calendar too,

Explore your local area – What a brilliant idea. I have lived here for nearly 2 years now and still have not made it to the local nature reserve, or half the parks nearby.
    I will stop going to the usual ones and head out in a different direction.

Mental health. Not a problem, I am much more likely to be miserable in summer. I can only change myself, not other people. They do not get to live rent free inside my head. I cannot change the relationships other people have with their families. I must not try and be the peacemaker between people who do not have the sense to value me. If I want to see people enjoying their family and being close and caring, I can put on a film from the Christmas channel, it runs nearly 24/7 for over a month.
    As Father Ted (I think) said, Fantasy on the inside, reality on the outside, Dougal.

Or it might have been big/close, small / further away.

Either or.

Budget EVERYTHING before you start the month.
    This one is difficult as I have a service and MOT the week before xmas and it can either be virtually nothing or practically everything. Last year was awful, so might be due a kind one this time. Trying a new garage as I think I may be being taken for a mug. Also DS4 will be 8 on Christmas Eve Eve and I do not have his ransom demand yet. Will probably involve a surprise trip to see Paddington and a hot choc in town too, just cos it is so close to Xmas I try to give him a special 'event' rather than just a 'thing'. No lists from the other 3 either. Just after Xmas is insurance for 2 cars. Need to keep some back for that.

Evaluate the year you have had: Paid lots off the mortgage, got double glazing and went to Ireland x2 and short holidays at the seaside and in Cheddar exploring caves and looking at bats. Making memories with the kids. They remember going to places, not how long you stayed there. Kept debt free.

Remember that this is a difficult time for many. - Will try.

Right, these cakes for the school fair won't walk themselves to school.
    Enjoy the 1st day of December, and keep warm cos it is blimmin' freezing.
    Last edited by f0xh0les; 01-12-2017 at 1:07 PM.
    MFW START DATE May 16 £118,340 :
    October 17 - £109,495.00
    December 17 £108,800
    NEXT GOAL is sub £105k
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 4:01 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 9,693 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Happy December
    First of all I shall apologize in advance as I won't make 15 NSDs. We will be spending every day for the first two weeks as we are on holiday. I do have a budget which we will stick to. I promise faithfully I will not go near the sales!! It's unlikely we will eat out (what's the point when you're self catering and there's a fantastic butcher and baker) but maybe a wee drink in the afternoon to keep out the cold after the long walks?
    So Christmas shopping done, presents wrapped and cards written. No I'm not super organized - just don't want to be rushing around when we come back. Still have to buy the main event for the two/three of us for Christmas lunch but it's not on sale yet.
    Today I donated to the food bank. Checked what they needed beforehand - it's amazing how much canned meat (meatballs etc) you can buy for £5.00 and I gave first two items for my reverse advent. Shampoo which they also need urgently apparently. I think I'll put £1.00 a day away whilst we're on holiday and buy what they need when we come back. Should still be early enough to be in time for Christmas? C has entered into the spirit by donating to the Salvation Army appeal which will provide a food parcel for a needy family.
    So I've downloaded the book on to the kindle, the bags are packed and I can't wait to get to the beautiful Lake District tomorrow.
    Good luck, everyone.
    • ilovetea
    • By ilovetea 1st Dec 17, 4:19 PM
    • 823 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    ilovetea
    Happy December everyone.
    Read the challenge and heres hoping I can stick with it.
    Live on my own so can't blame anybody for any mishaps.
    Going for 20 NSD. Can usually manage that.
    Have no debts but want to build a rainy day fund.
    Have one Christmas outing planned It's a freebie so I'm going!
    Don't work I'm retired, so just eat lunch at home.
    Sales. Hate the things,plus the fact I don't need anything.

Debt destruction. No debts,just want savings.
    Exterminate. Should be chocolate.
    Clear up,clean up,take control.Clear some of the stuff I seem to be hoarding.Clean up negative thoughts.Can be very pessamistic at times. Take control Time seems to dissapear when I'm not looking. And it never comes back
    Explore your local area. Have you seen it!!!!
    Mental health. Seems o.k. to me.
    Budget everything. Not sure what my food budget will be but I'm not one to be extravagant when it come to food. Do have my hair done every week as I have trouble giving my hair a good wash. £7 for a wash and blow dry.
    Evaluate the year I've had. Not bad. Spent a couple of months visiting my daughters and grandchildren.Came back shattered but I did enjoy myself..5 things for the year ahead. Usual. Loose weight,spend less,declutter and sell stuff on e-bay. That's only 3 but might think of 2 more by next year.
    Remember. Lots of people give to the food banks especially at this time of year,so, I'm donating to the Dogs Trust instead.

ilovetea xx
    £2017 in 2017. #2 £1,511.20
    • cybertortoise
    • By cybertortoise 1st Dec 17, 4:53 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 751 Thanks
    cybertortoise
    Can I join please? I have lost the plot recently and budgeting has fallen by the wayside. I haven't gone mad as we simply don't have the money to but payments have been late or missed simply due to lack of energy. I need to sort this out as my DFD is getting further away not closer!
    Fresh start 29.08.17 DFD: 28.08.20. Owed: £17504.03 29.08, £16419.45. Target: £515 pm Jan 2018 to Aug 2020. J 0/515 F 0/515 M 0/515 A 0/515 M 0/515 J 0/515 J 0/515 A 0/515 S 0/515 O 0/515 N 0/515 D 0/515 2018 total 0/6180
    • DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 1st Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    • 622 Posts
    • 3,035 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    Debt Destruction

I do this already, started a diary recently so really trying to become debt free. DFD is Dec 18 but hopefully I can smash it before this.

Exterminate

Give up TV, I am going to do this a little different though if that's ok, I will allow movie night with DS on Fridays and I will allow TV on Saturdays as this is my day off from everything. I am going to aim to do this throughout the whole of December though rather than just the first 10 days.

Clear up, clean up and take control

Aiming to clear 31 items from the house. I am definitely going to show myself some love and kindness this month and I am absolutely ready to take control of my life and my time.

Explore

Will try to do this, I may only get chance to try out a couple of new things but will do the best I can whilst preparing for exams.

Mental health

This will be helped massively by taking control of my life, stick to the other goals here and then this area will automatically be covered.

Budget

Food - £150
    Car (fuel and MOT) - £110
    Christmas - £80
    Other - £60

Hoping the car doesn't need any work when I take it for its MOT, if it does then my budget is ruined.

Evaluate

Will aim to evaluate something each day whether that is something from that day or from the year I have just had.

Revise

I need to revise each day (Saturdays off) for a minimum of 3 hours. I will also make sure I donate some goods to the food bank on top of this but it won't be until the middle of the month.

I think I have covered everything there. I will also aim for 15 NSDs. Today was a spend day as I bought DS his final present so that should be me finished for Christmas.
    Loan:1780.49 2207.38 Car Loan:2039.22 2419.64 0% CC:984.98 1063.48 Overdraft: 860 Overpayment:1781 Total: 7445.69 DFD Dec 18
    SPC 586
    • greent
    • By greent 1st Dec 17, 6:38 PM
    • 6,513 Posts
    • 65,720 Thanks
    greent
    Day 1/31
    NSDs 1 achieved today
    You will pay to your debt/savings firstMonthly spend CCs paid off in full.
    Lunches taken/ prepped at home last night's leftovers topped up with veggies for lunch today

Debt destruction: Aiming for DFD (exc BTL mtge) of 10/2018 - fingers crossed OH gets another job next year! - update =OH's contract likely to be extended for a couple more months (after a 3 week Xmas shutdown with no pay )
    Exterminate Facebook gone from phone
    Clear up, clean up and take control. Clear space by removing 31 items this month - 3/31 so far - 2 pairs of outgrown trousers to school for onward sale. 1 pair of outgrown swim shorts (very faded - worn by all 3 DS!) - fabric recycling. Also turned 6 bars of hotel soap into laundry gloop Clean up your way of talking to yourself. Let yourself sparkle. Take control of your finances, your time, your habits, and your health. - Dec sees me with an opticians appt and a GP apt (last time I went to GP was maybe 4.5 years ago?)

Explore your local area – get out and walk, - not today - spent afternoon with sis & new(ish) baby (1month)

Mental health.. Do something every day this month that makes you feel good: Write down 4 gratitudes each day.
    * Seeing baby nephew
    * DS2 making a rugby team at school
    * HM bread - scrummy and uses supplies up
    * DD's delight at advent calendar (she is at uni and I wrapped it up for her to open today )

Budget EVERYTHING before you start the month
    Food £450
    Social £120
    Gifts £125
    Fuel £65
    Make extra money £50
    Evaluate the year you have had: what was good, and what was not so good. What did you do well? What was beyond your control? 2017 - OH got a new contract in Jan which was only until July - but ended up running until 15th Dec (and is likely to run again from Jan). DD had a great first year at uni. DS2 got into the grammar school of his choice. DS1 got promoted at Army Cadets. DS3 coped well with the change of not having DS2 at the same school as him. My sister had a very much longed for, long awaited baby boy by ivf with donor eggs - science is great I made some decent OPs on our BTL mtge. I started out the year exercising often - and then that fell by the wayside come April but life is - for the vast, vast majority of it - very good
    Now look ahead and plan 5 things to go for in 2018.
    * kitchen to be fully completed by Easter (we never finished off our kitchen fitted 11 years ago - there's still bare plaster on the walls....)
    * improve fitness and get back to regular exercise and finally finish c25k!
    * continue with OPs (once some unexpected expenses are out of the way) on BTL mtge
    * become debt free (other than above)
    * enjoy life and family time and take time to appreciate just how lucky we are in the scheme of things
    * support DS1 with his A2 exams - and hopefully see him off to uni..
    * enjoy the garden in the Summer - we never seem to make the most of it
    * declutter challenge - 2018 items in 2018, maybe?
    * Income from sales/ surveys etc - £1000
    Remember Allocate £5 of your food budget to spend on food bank items - I have some items ready to donate but am contemplating donating to here: http://www.npower.com/home/about-npower/in-the-community/foundation/?WT.mc_id=VURL2081 - 100% goes to foodbank fuel vouchers and npower are fund-matching the first 50k of donations
    Last edited by greent; 01-12-2017 at 7:07 PM.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £5278/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1445.57/£500 PAYDOX17 £12239/£10k Decluttered 1870/2017 items
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 1st Dec 17, 6:54 PM
    • 6,646 Posts
    • 48,717 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Today I am grateful for warm clothes, for helpful platform staff, for the train I wanted running 15 mins late so I was able to catch it, for having a seat on the trains, for 2 great visits with my mum, for lots of laughter, for the EA turning up promptly to take photos, for a lovely taxi driver, forcatching up with big sis, for a call from dd.

Toni'sfriend - as you are away for 2 weeks, why not aim for 8 NSDs once you are back?
    017 sell 351

Mortgage £23,486 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 1st Dec 17, 7:39 PM
    • 2,068 Posts
    • 19,591 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Day 1
    Was a spend day. Will update signature and notebook of spends at some point.
    Will try my best to do the challenge, as my Mum's health is not too great. The end of life team are involved. Hopefully the district nurse will coming round tonight to give her some medication that they have to administer. Finding it really hard and it is affecting my mental health. At least she is at home.
    Grateful for:
    My Mum.
    Carers coming in to help with Mum.
    For St Francis Hospice and district nurses for sorting out some issues and their support.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2017
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST December: Debt Destruction December NSD 5/15 Food/household budget £59.58/£150
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 1st Dec 17, 7:55 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 35,833 Thanks
    DawnW
    ((Hugs)) Kerry Woman xx
    NSDs for December 7/15
    Decluttering 50/31

• Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 7:59 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 9,693 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Kerry woman
    I am so sorry to hear that. You're in my thoughts. A very difficult time for you.
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 1st Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 6,646 Posts
    • 48,717 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Oh Kerry, so sorry that things are this bad. You are both in my prayers.

This challenge isn't where your focus is. Look after yourself, get some help for yourself. We are all here for you, so post as much or as little as you want to x
    017 sell 351

• DancingDragons
    • By DancingDragons 1st Dec 17, 8:27 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 510 Thanks
    DancingDragons
    Food Budget: £280 (inc Food Bank)
    Petrol £120
    School Dinners £36
    Social Whatnots £100 Incl hair.
    Catalogue £30 (then cleared)
    Savings £80
    Kids whatnots £59 (Haircuts, clubs, non-nag stuff)

Clear up – been doing this with Fleabay. But have a box of bits for CS and A bag of bobs for tip tomorrow. I also have targeted a drawer full of unwanted/expired/slow/cracked etc techy stuff. (Phones tablets routers …)
    Mental Health: Both DDs had a meltdown about something today and felt the need to off load, and have pushed things later than I would like so I’m feeling the pressure of decorating a room in a day. (This was brought on by me being in tears about the state of the room, another year (4 now) where I had sworn it would get done before Christmas. I guess this is my Christmas present. )
    Evaluate: Not in a good place to do this right now. I won’t see any positives.
    Explore: We’re always wandering down paths and poking in places we might not be supposed to be going. I’d rather walk than drive, its usually faster, not had a chance today.
    Debt free day. If I pay 300 a month to CCs DFD will be July 01 2020, WE HAVE A GOAL!
    Debt Busting December NST #3 | NSD 4/15 |
    I can do this!
    • DancingDragons
    • By DancingDragons 1st Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 52 Posts
    • 510 Thanks
    DancingDragons
    Sorry to hear about your Mum KerryWoman. *HUGS*

Who was looking for Fingerlings? I lost track of names but try using Stock Informer: https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-fingerlings - handy thing, Very fubared my Soundmoovs order (reckoned I returned it, when it hadn't even got beyond the local depot) Philip Schofield has a lot to answer for. Spend it well at Christmas mania!

Today was a spendy day. Tracked down the Soundmoov, (already spent) took mum shopping for wallpaper, she's got a decorator in, but in turn it's upended my weekend:
    The plan this weekend is paint walls/paper chimney tomorrow, put up tree Sunday. Mum also wants us to go round and help her get rid of her old 3 seater. No CS wants it as she smokes so we have to break it up and take it to tip. Later in the evening we’ve a free Santa thing to go to and she wants to go to a Christmas market on the Sunday, but I don’t want or need anything for any one. Those who I have to get pressies for now will be hand-made gingerbread lumps or something, so both days should be NSD. I want to allocate my days and stick to them. I figure this is what you are all doing rather than winging it?
    Plumber came today to fix the ongoing auto-wetting bathroom floor. Bath waste pipe is leaking everywhere, I guess there is only so much PTFE tape you can patch a pipe with. We’ve patched it a couple of times. New waste, new plug, pipe and shower seal to come next week some time.
    Debt Busting December NST #3 | NSD 4/15 |
    I can do this!
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 1st Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 6,646 Posts
    • 48,717 Thanks
    apple muncher
    DancingDragons - yes, I allocate my NSDs. Usually it is the3 days I work each week - there's 12 already in a month (sch hols are much harder!) Plus anothr 1 or 2 per week tend to happen naturally nowadays. I do get a feeling of unease when I spend on several consecutive days, even if it isn't much. Maybe I'm just weird...

Fmess - you have had so much stuff done for your money. 3 promotions is awesome - well done you. Now you can slay the debt beast.
    017 sell 351

• greent
    • By greent 1st Dec 17, 9:21 PM
    • 6,513 Posts
    • 65,720 Thanks
    greent
    Sorry to hear that about your mum, Kerry Woman xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £5278/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1445.57/£500 PAYDOX17 £12239/£10k Decluttered 1870/2017 items
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 1st Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Hi all

I keep losing my posts so Ill keep this short(er)

Today is NSD #1. Good start

Debt/savings date is end of 2019, I need enough for a house deposit.
    Exterminate- gave a travel pillow to friends daughter
    Control- giving up worrying needlessly. Will try not to dwell on anxious thoughts
    Explore- agreed to go with my friend to Sheffield
    Mental health- having an early night. Rock & roll but it does make me happy
    Budget- did my monthly budget, saved what I could & withdrew 70 quid as my weekly budget.
    Evaluate- 2017 we aimed to put 3k in savings got to 5500 will aim for this again next year. I also want to- visit lapland UK, Paris and lose 2st. Determined
    Remember- donated a 25p tin of soup to the food bank. Will add to that every time i go shopping.

Greatful for- my mum saying my friend didnt have to pay to take her place on a pre paid trip to butlins next year , my funny little elf decorations that I bought on a trip to Germany a few years ago & forgot I had children's home made decorations & clean bedding
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 1st Dec 17, 9:27 PM
    • 270 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Kerry woman Im so sorry tp hear that. You are both in our thoughts & prayers

• BadBookkeeper
    • By BadBookkeeper 1st Dec 17, 9:29 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 647 Thanks
    BadBookkeeper
    Big hugs Kerry Woman. A difficult time for you, glad to read you are getting support.

Dancing Dragon - it was me looking for Fingerlings. Finally got one today in Argos in the colour I (I mean DS) wanted!! Thanks though.
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 1st Dec 17, 9:35 PM
    • 2,576 Posts
    • 24,363 Thanks
    Fmess
    Hugs Kerry woman

Thanks apple, I am in full slaying mode. I also have a funny feeling in my stomach when I know I haven't had a SFD for a couple of days in a row.

Spends day today - token gift (winter hanging basket) to dad for doing my accounts for free, lunch with mum as she's always looking after everyone and needs a bit of tlc and paid for massage. Forgot to use my 20% off for being a loyal customer (I'd saved it for a big treatment) so they've taken it off the next appt cost I walked all the dogs twice and the young one three times Lots of steps achieved and semi tired dogs!

Tomorrow is the work do. I've already paid £20 and I'm driving not drinking so hoping it'll be relatively cheap. I'm determined not to split the bill as I know some might drink loads!

Off to bed as I'm pooped, got up at 6 on a day off!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 0/15 Food 65.06/120 Personal 91.34/350 Petrol 40.01/80
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 1st Dec 17, 11:52 PM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 24,394 Thanks
    sashanut
    No 7 checking in (briefly)
    Hi December Turtles

Haven't had any time today to go through all the December challenges - will do so tomorrow, & list

Not an NSD today so 0/15

Away from 10-15 in Ireland ..

Sad to hear your news Kerry Woman, look after yourself
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

156Posts Today

1,950Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin