Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rjln
    • By rjln 26th Nov 17, 10:59 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    rjln
    Switch cancelled - any ideas why?
    • 26th Nov 17, 10:59 AM
    Switch cancelled - any ideas why? 26th Nov 17 at 10:59 AM
    I decided to switch to Nationwide from Lloyds with the recommend a friend. There have been issues from the beginning, firstly I hadn't heard anything after being accepted for about ten days, contacted them and they said the switch had got stuck so they redid it. Then got a switch date of the 22/11/17, got my card, online banking, cheque book etc. I looked at online banking yesterday, my direct debit were still under my old account which is still open. Nationwide also sent me a replacement card yesterday and no idea why when I only just received one. Called them today and she looked and said my switch has been cancelled. It just says mandate cancelled, she can't tell me why as the team are only available Monday to Friday 9-5. Lloyds could see nothing at all their end apart from switch request received. Nobody has contacted me to say it's cancelled at all. I'll have to try and speak to them tomorrow but wondered if anyone has had this? What the reason could be for it being cancelled. I'm in credit, get paid enoufh, credit fine. Apparently I now have the two accounts and no switch so no reward, I'd rather go for another switch with similar interest on the current account to get some extra money so don't even want the nationwide account now, it's totally put me off.
Page 1
    • meer53
    • By meer53 26th Nov 17, 2:33 PM
    • 8,981 Posts
    • 13,046 Thanks
    meer53
    • 26th Nov 17, 2:33 PM
    • 26th Nov 17, 2:33 PM
    Difference in name, address between banks ? Not providing correct debit card details ? Trying to switch joint account to sole account ? Business account at old bank, personal account at new bank ? Power of attorney or Third party mandate on old or new account ? Speak to them tomorrow.
    • rjln
    • By rjln 1st Dec 17, 11:11 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rjln
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:11 AM
    • 1st Dec 17, 11:11 AM
    They didn't explain it very well, didn't really make sense, but something to do with an IT error! He couldn't tell me how long it would take to be dealt with and they would get back to me but to keep trying them after 4 days if I hear nothing. So I will be chasing today, I now have two bank accounts and my old club Lloyds one will start charging me £10 a month as my salary has gone into my new one, really not impressed with Nationwide so far. Now looking at my husband switching to another bank rather than me doing recommend a friend for him.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,986Posts Today

10,224Users online

Martin's Twitter