Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smarttips
    • By smarttips 25th Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    smarttips
    77 WOW
    McDonald's restaurants - are you paying too much?
    • 25th Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    77 WOW
    McDonald's restaurants - are you paying too much? 25th Nov 17 at 9:59 AM
    In case you haven't noticed, McDonald's charge DIFFERENT prices in different stores for the SAME items!

It might only be a 10p difference on an item but it adds up if buying for a family or you regularly visit that particular restaurant over a long period. Sometimes price differences can be even more e.g. Beef & Cheese Feast meal is currently £5.89 in one local restaurant but £6.19 in another store a couple of miles away. A 30p difference!

So, if you live near more than one McDonald's restaurants, find out which one is the cheapest and then...let your friends know too!

Last edited by smarttips; 25-11-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Page 1
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 25th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    • 12,704 Posts
    • 40,262 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 25th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    • 25th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    Most places are the same,

I have 3 local Tescoís and they all charge different prices for some things, itís just an area thing.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • ohreally
    • By ohreally 25th Nov 17, 5:56 PM
    • 6,356 Posts
    • 4,865 Thanks
    ohreally
    • 25th Nov 17, 5:56 PM
    • 25th Nov 17, 5:56 PM
    So, if you live near more than one McDonald's restaurants, find out which one is the cheapest and then...let your friends know too!
    Originally posted by smarttips
    Why would you darken the door of this outfit?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 25th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    • 30,399 Posts
    • 19,220 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 25th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    • 25th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    Are some of the restaurants not franchises, if that's the case then thats up to them what price they charge.

No need for the word "different" to be in capitals nor the sentence in red.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 25th Nov 17, 8:39 PM
    • 2,706 Posts
    • 3,960 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    • 25th Nov 17, 8:39 PM
    • 25th Nov 17, 8:39 PM
    Same with Burger King.
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 26th Nov 17, 11:01 AM
    • 5,780 Posts
    • 5,560 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 26th Nov 17, 11:01 AM
    • 26th Nov 17, 11:01 AM
    Many chain 'restaurants' vary their prices according to locality like this - Wetherspoons and Brewers Fayre certainly do.
    • Iamzee
    • By Iamzee 6th Dec 17, 1:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Iamzee
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:47 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 1:47 PM
    Some branches vary in pricing but not so much as to reflect huge difference. I think all prices are regulated.
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 6th Dec 17, 2:40 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 468 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:40 PM
    • 6th Dec 17, 2:40 PM
    In case you haven't noticed, McDonald's charge DIFFERENT prices in different stores for the SAME items!

It might only be a 10p difference on an item but it adds up if buying for a family or you regularly visit that particular restaurant over a long period. Sometimes price differences can be even more e.g. Beef & Cheese Feast meal is currently £5.89 in one local restaurant but £6.19 in another store a couple of miles away. A 30p difference!

Originally posted by smarttips
    It doesnt really 'all add up'.

It only 'all adds up' if you spend too much time in there, and even if you went there 7 days a week, that would be a whole £2.10 per person. But then you wouldnt go there 7 days per week if £2.10 made a difference.

But in any case, I have told my friends to go to the one 5 miles down the road where a Big Mac meal is 15p cheaper. The petrol station round the corner is only charging £1.15/litre at the moment....

#firstworldproblem
    Last edited by NineDeuce; 06-12-2017 at 2:42 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,644Posts Today

7,805Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin