Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 24th Nov 17, 8:32 PM
    • 2,863Posts
    • 13,330Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Who or what company owns the PAC code ID mobile number ?
    • 24th Nov 17, 8:32 PM
    Who or what company owns the PAC code ID mobile number ? 24th Nov 17 at 8:32 PM
    Hi hope you can help today I have discovered my number is shared with another phone.

Originally my number came with a ASDA sim, then ported to Sainsburys mobile which then disappeared from the marketplace so ported to my current provider ID all were PAYG Three Network.

All was OK till today when I discovered that recently my number was enabled on a 1P contract phone.

If I ported my number over to another sim who would keep the working number, currently I can make calls and it comes off my monthly quota BUT all incoming calls / texts go to the other phone 1P contract.

Is There a simple answer so I don't have change my number, if your confused how to you think I feel, any sensible suggestions welcome please
    Last edited by MoneyMate; 06-12-2017 at 9:39 AM.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
Page 4
    • Enceladus
    • By Enceladus 29th Nov 17, 6:32 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Enceladus
    The issue that the OP faces is that he has impaired service and iD are responsible to him. However iD as an MVNO likely have no actual control over the solution. That relies on Three in collaboration with EE (as provider to 1p). So somehow the OP needs to escalate the problem within iD such that it further escalates to Three.

I'm not sure that the OP has any strict legal right to his number as opposed to a contract for the use of a service. The easy answer would be for iD/Three to do nothing other than issue a new number. Especially if you're no longer a customer.

So I wouldn't want to attempt a port until I stood on firmer ground.

Anyway there are differences between how calls originating on the mobile network and those from other sources such as landlines are initially handled.

You have advised that a call from your landline goes to the 1p mobile.
    Are you able to test what happens with a call from another Three or iD mobile?
    And from a mobile on some other network?
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 29th Nov 17, 7:22 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    The issue that the OP faces is that he has impaired service and iD are responsible to him. However iD as an MVNO likely have no actual control over the solution. That relies on Three in collaboration with EE (as provider to 1p). So somehow the OP needs to escalate the problem within iD such that it further escalates to Three.

I'm not sure that the OP has any strict legal right to his number as opposed to a contract for the use of a service. The easy answer would be for iD/Three to do nothing other than issue a new number. Especially if you're no longer a customer.

So I wouldn't want to attempt a port until I stood on firmer ground.

Anyway there are differences between how calls originating on the mobile network and those from other sources such as landlines are initially handled.

You have advised that a call from your landline goes to the 1p mobile.
    Are you able to test what happens with a call from another Three or iD mobile?
    And from a mobile on some other network?
    Originally posted by Enceladus
    ID went to 1p chap at one time , now all calls to my number have a strange engaged sound so no one including ID help line can contact me.
    I have a theory that ID are frightened to phone landlines
    Last edited by MoneyMate; Yesterday at 10:11 AM.
    UK Resident
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 30th Nov 17, 8:55 AM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Stil no contact from ID anyone trying to my mobile number just gets 3 bleeps followed by silience.
    UK Resident
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 30th Nov 17, 9:50 AM
    • 7,726 Posts
    • 5,589 Thanks
    pmduk
    Suggest to iD that they now issue a deadlock letter so that the ombudsman and Ofcom can see how they're handling porting problems (although to be fair I'm sure the fault lies with three.)
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 30th Nov 17, 11:31 AM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Found these settings on my phone any ideas /are these right ?
    Sim Status
    NETWORK -ID
    SERVICE STATUS - VOICE IN SERVICE/DATA IN SERVICE
    MOBILE NETWORK STATE - DISCONNECTED
    MY PHONE NUMBER - UNKNOWN.
    UK Resident
    • Jon 01
    • By Jon 01 30th Nov 17, 11:36 AM
    • 4,963 Posts
    • 1,578 Thanks
    Jon 01
    Found these settings on my phone any ideas /are these right ?
    Sim Status
    NETWORK -ID
    SERVICE STATUS - VOICE IN SERVICE/DATA IN SERVICE
    MOBILE NETWORK STATE - DISCONNECTED
    MY PHONE NUMBER - UNKNOWN.
    Originally posted by MoneyMate
    The last two mean the phone's not being allowed to connect to the ID network servers.

It could mean that network support at Three are doing 'something' to fix the problem...
    • Enceladus
    • By Enceladus 30th Nov 17, 12:28 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Enceladus
    It might also be a standard failure of service or out of range for a signal? The iD email mentions problems in his area.

And it would be EE that need to do 'something' on behalf of their 1p/EE customer.

The OP's iD service apparently worked fine until 2 weeks ago. The number was ported in last Dec 15 (Dec 15th 2016). So it's not the port from Sainsbury's/Vodafone that's gone wrong. If it had then it would surely have come to light before now.

We have not yet eliminated whether the 1P mobile was a new activation on a supposedly new number or if it was a port in from somewhere else. That's where it might have gone wrong.

And since the OP has contact with the 1p mobile, do you know if they have complained to 1p. And have they issues making calls.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 30th Nov 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1,409 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    The last two mean the phone's not being allowed to connect to the ID network servers.

It could mean that network support at Three are doing 'something' to fix the problem...
    Originally posted by Jon 01
    Having WiFi on could result in the 'MOBILE NETWORK STATE - DISCONNECTED' message.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 30th Nov 17, 6:10 PM
    • 7,726 Posts
    • 5,589 Thanks
    pmduk
    Having WiFi on could result in the 'MOBILE NETWORK STATE - DISCONNECTED' message.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe
    The wi-fi shouldn't disconnect the mobile phone signal. Wi-fi doesn't usually deliver phone calls.
    Last edited by pmduk; 30-11-2017 at 7:44 PM. Reason: typo
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 30th Nov 17, 8:09 PM
    • 1,409 Posts
    • 598 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    The wi-fi shouldn't disconnect the mobile phone signal. Wi-fi doesn't usually deliver phone calls.
    Originally posted by pmduk
    Brilliant, why didn't anyone else know that?

Now go to SIM status without WiFi on and check 'Mobile network state' and then put WiFi on. Mine changes to 'Disconnected'
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 30th Nov 17, 8:40 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Wait and see
    Tomorrow is D-Day
    If the porting works I will know soon, thanks for all your advice and recommendations, if the worse happens I will have to change my mobile number with Tesco Mobile but you have to be positive, and why should my number be given away without a fight.
    UK Resident
    • Enceladus
    • By Enceladus 30th Nov 17, 11:38 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Enceladus
    You told us that iD were trying to contact you? Did they? what did they say?

Whilst I appreciate that you need a service and this is a frustrating experience I would advise you to ring Tesco Mobile immediately and try to cancel the port. Exhaust all your options with iD first.

You won't have any leverage with iD or Three as you will no longer be their customer.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 30th Nov 17, 11:59 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    You told us that iD were trying to contact you? Did they? what did they say?

Whilst I appreciate that you need a service and this is a frustrating experience I would advise you to ring Tesco Mobile immediately and try to cancel the port. Exhaust all your options with iD first.

You won't have any leverage with iD or Three as you will no longer be their customer.
    ID Phoned me on my landline lunchtime when I was out, then sent me a email to tell it's fixed (it's not)
    D-Day is still Friday,ID in my opinion is waste of time each internal department has no idea what the other is doing, they problaby don't know I'm porting
    UK Resident
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 1st Dec 17, 11:30 AM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 1,065 Thanks
    Ian011
    Unless 1P Mobile are involved, your number will remain there as far as the wider national phone system is aware.

While Tesco Mobile might accept the port and activate a SIM that gives out your number when you make calls, I assume that incoming calls to your number will likely continue to be delivered to 1P Mobile.

Knowing that your mobile number is allocated to 1P Mobile, the original rangeholder should reject an attempt for the entry to be updated to point to Tesco Mobile as it should be seen as an attempt to hijack a number.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 1st Dec 17, 8:12 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    All working OK on 1st day in and out working great can it last ?
    in and out recording correct number
    UK Resident
    • d123
    • By d123 1st Dec 17, 10:46 PM
    • 6,749 Posts
    • 4,303 Thanks
    d123
    All working OK on 1st day in and out working great can it last ?
    in and out recording correct number
    Originally posted by MoneyMate
    Well done, I expected that to work, but didn’t feel like getting into arguments with the doom merchants. (As I said in post #13 ).

I thought it would either fail altogether (if they decided it was 1p man’s number) or complete successfully and rectify the previous port that only half completed.

Hopefully that is the end of your problems.
    ====
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 1st Dec 17, 11:31 PM
    • 1,892 Posts
    • 1,065 Thanks
    Ian011
    Presumably the guy on 1P Mobile has either been completely cut off or has been given a completely new number. Hopefully he is not in the situation you were in - able to make outgoing calls which then identify as "your" number but unable to receive calls. If he is, let's hope he does not try to recover the number and simply gets a new one.

Be prepared to receive a few incoming calls in the near future that are trying to get hold of him (if he had given the number out of course).
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 2nd Dec 17, 7:54 AM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Rip Off Britain ?
    Well done, I expected that to work, but didnít feel like getting into arguments with the doom merchants. (As I said in post #13 ).

I thought it would either fail altogether (if they decided it was 1p manís number) or complete successfully and rectify the previous port that only half completed.

Hopefully that is the end of your problems.
    Originally posted by d123
    Your original idea made sense to me THANK YOU, as you say sometimes it's not a good idea to listen to much gloom and doom.

I'm just left with a war of words with ID who are currently denying all responsibility for their errors, may be a case for " Rip Off Britain" ?
    UK Resident
    • Enceladus
    • By Enceladus 2nd Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Enceladus
    Well done for your perseverance. Most others would have given up.

What happened to the £20 CPW credit?

Just to be certain that there are no residual gremlins around I would try to call the number from a 1p or other EE mobile. Since it seems that the problems were down to an error by EE and/or 1p in the first place.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 2nd Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Well done for your perseverance. Most others would have given up.

What happened to the £20 CPW credit?

Just to be certain that there are no residual gremlins around I would try to call the number from a 1p or other EE mobile. Since it seems that the problems were down to an error by EE and/or 1p in the first place.
    CPW Was £15 cheque on its way,£5 for the replacement sim fitted on my visit.
    UK Resident
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,234Posts Today

7,418Users online

Martin's Twitter