Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • classix
    • By classix 24th Nov 17, 5:24 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 2Thanks
    classix
    Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd
    • 24th Nov 17, 5:24 PM
    Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd 24th Nov 17 at 5:24 PM
    Hi
    After successfully fighting a Lidl ticket I'm now back for advice about a ticket my wife got.
    The company is called Civil Enforcement Ltd. My wife parked in a car park but the ticket machine wasn't working and hasn't worked for sometime apparently. There was an alternative option to pay by phone which she couldn't take up as she only had cash.
    Any chance of getting ticket cancelled.
    Cheers
Page 3
    • classix
    • By classix 30th Nov 17, 12:41 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    Cheers umkomaas. Yes I think I'll skip reading that.

My only thought was that the machine not working contradicts there signage which gives the option of paying by machine. I therefore entered into a contract based on that sign which was incorrect. But if u don't think it's relevant or necessary to include this then I'll send it as is
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 30th Nov 17, 12:49 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    No, you could not enter into a contract if a key element needed to perform that contract - the machine - was not working. this wold frustrate any attempted contract
    • classix
    • By classix 30th Nov 17, 1:15 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    Hence why i thought it might be an idea, with the correct wording, to put this in the appeal
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 30th Nov 17, 1:18 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    The intiail appeal will just be rejected. There is little doubt on that
    edit the initial appeal template at your own peril. it is designed to ensure info such as driver identity is not given away by accident.
    • classix
    • By classix 30th Nov 17, 3:21 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    Ok fair enough. I'll follow the template
    • classix
    • By classix 30th Nov 17, 4:46 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    I've sent the appeal.

I also recieved a response from QD. Apparently they are not the owners of the car park and have no jurisdiction over out
    • jzjjjr
    • By jzjjjr 1st Dec 17, 11:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jzjjjr
    going to court over parking fine
    hi, sorry for hijacking this thread but ive no idea how to create a new one.
    I received a pcn from civil enforcement ltd back in november 2015, i was working in the shop the car park is for on a call out carrying out maintenance, when i received the ticket i contacted the shop and explained, they said they would cancel the ticket and i never heard anything since, now they are taking me to court for £400 for not paying it, and the store has shut down so i cannot speak to them about it to ask why they didnt cancel it, all i can do now is get a letter from my company saying i was working in the store that day. i just had a mediation interview and they rejected that as evidence saying i need written evidence from the store that they cancelled it, obviously because its now shut down i cant provide this.
    somebody please help with advice.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 1st Dec 17, 12:31 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 1,221 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Its in the video you surely watched when signing up.
    Go back to the first page of this forum, and look around for obvious buttons. Dont use a phone.

I mean, its not like it isnt something obvious like "NEW POST" or anything
    • classix
    • By classix 11th Dec 17, 11:02 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    Got a letter from CE Ltd this morning and would you believe it they agreed to cancel the parking charge. Thanks to this forum I've now had 2 parking charges cancelled. Even got a £20 gift certificate from QD out of it.
    Brilliant guys and thanks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Dec 17, 12:26 PM
    • 15,948 Posts
    • 24,740 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Got a letter from CE Ltd this morning and would you believe it they agreed to cancel the parking charge. Thanks to this forum I've now had 2 parking charges cancelled. Even got a £20 gift certificate from QD out of it.
    Brilliant guys and thanks
    Originally posted by classix
    So when you divi that out it will be a couple of quid for each of us for help in getting you off this! That will still buy plenty from QD.

Well done, out of your hair for Christmas
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • classix
    • By classix 11th Dec 17, 12:29 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    classix
    [QUOTE=Umkomaas;73548296]So when you divi that out it will be a couple of quid for each of us for help in getting you off this! That will still buy plenty from QD.

Nice one
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,215Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin